Just a thirty second tutorial.

Code:

Code: Select all

www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-actual-purpose-except-demonstration.com

Results:
http://www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-a ... ration.com

Code:

[url]www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-actual-purpose-except-demonstration.com[/url]

Results:

Code:

[url=www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-actual-purpose-except-demonstration.com]This is my link[/url]

Results:
This is my link

Easy enough, hey? :beauty:

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:32 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

crburrows
Starter

Post by crburrows » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:10 pm

So I went there looking for some obscenity being demonstrated.

The site's down. Probably experiencing high volume due to your post.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 am

if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:15 am

Or, if you use Firefox (and why the devil wouldn't you!?) download and use the awesome BBCode Extra extension - quick and easy short links, font sizes, colours, images, etc., etc. [much more] - don't leave home without it!
Firefox BBCodeExtra Extension

:beer:

BClion
Superstar

Re: Posting Short Links

Post by BClion » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Freak wrote:Just a thirty second tutorial.

Code:

Results:

Code:

[url]www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-actual-purpose-except-demonstration.com[/url]

Results:

Code:

[url=www.obscenely-long-link-for-no-actual-purpose-except-demonstration.com]This is my link[/url]

Results:
This is my link

this is my link
GO GADES GO!

Support the Ottawa Renegades!

BClion
Superstar

Post by BClion » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:26 pm

BClion wrote:
Freak wrote:Just a thirty second tutorial.

Code:

Results:

Code:

Results:

Code:

Results:
This is my link

this is my link

I did it. :o :wave: :lol: :marg: :thup: :clap: Ok, I don't want to get too excited or I'll forget what I just did. It's going to take some practicing. Please bear with me. Anyone who can give me a hand from time to time, when I'm messing up, I'd appreciate it.

Bbbob, you lost me on firefox. Had no idea what to do when I got to it. :( :oops:
GO GADES GO!

Support the Ottawa Renegades!

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:40 am

BClion wrote:Bbbob, you lost me on firefox. Had no idea what to do when I got to it. :( :oops:

Forgive me if any of this is redundant:

Firefox is an alternative web browser to Internet Explorer or Netscape (or the others like Safari/ Opera).
Firefox is free, and you can download and install a wide variety of "extensions" to Firefox that will do a variety of things.

The BBCodeExtra extension allows you to easily use BBCode in forums to do a variety of tasks, such as making short links.

Once BBCodeExtra is installed, create a post and RIGHT click in the create message area, you will see on the right click context menu "bbcodeextra". click this and you will see a variety of options - play with it to try it out.

If you need any help I'd be happy to help.

phpbb_!

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:31 am

BBBob wrote:
BClion wrote:Bbbob, you lost me on firefox. Had no idea what to do when I got to it. :( :oops:

Firefox is an alternative web browser to Internet Explorer or Netscape (or the others like Safari/ Opera).
Firefox is free, and you can download and install a wide variety of "extensions" to Firefox that will do a variety of things.

The BBCodeExtra extension allows you to easily use BBCode in forums to do a variety of tasks, such as making short links.

Once BBCodeExtra is installed, create a post and RIGHT click in the create message area, you will see on the right click context menu "bbcodeextra". click this and you will see a variety of options - play with it to try it out.

phpbb_!

You Da Man, BBBob!!!! :whs:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Steve O'Brien
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Steve O'Brien » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:50 pm

I've stared at this thread for longer than 30 seconds and I'm no further ahead.

Who can I sue? :wink:

I take it that it has something to do with not posting excessively long links to stories etc. which I never do, of course.

All I've figured out is "Copy Link Location" with mouse. Even that took a while :x
Thank You. Finally, someone who makes sense. No wonder I bought your book: SOLAR MAX

MY CFL INCLUDES OTTAWA!

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:32 pm

greycupgarry wrote:
BBBob wrote:

phpbb_!
He sure is. :clap: :clap:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Ron wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:
BBBob wrote:

phpbb_!
:whs: :udaman:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:29 am

Ron wrote:
greycupgarry wrote:
BBBob wrote:

phpbb_!
Were you at GC Ron. :tease:
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:20 pm

Bumping this because there are some who still don't get it! :roll:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:40 pm

CatsEyes wrote:Bumping this because there are some who still don't get it! :roll:
They are also not likely to be the ones that read this forum either, just make sure you link here as you are editing.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!