Need a thread for newbies.

Got a question or suggestion regarding the site or forum? post it here

Moderator: Referees

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:46 pm

cfldave wrote:In computer ad talk a click back is the when someone clicks onto a web site, its the way advertisers and search engines measure hits on various web sites.
:whs:

:beer:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:11 am

mnnnn, as I suspected the refs made it up. and......what 14 game season, I have been out of CFL for 2years, are you kidding me? :popcorn:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:17 am

The one rule I hate is Pass interference, incidental contact. That is a dumb rule. if anyone likes it here please tell me why? :popcorn:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:02 am

K stay with me here guys, because my beloved team is "suspended" indefinately, I have decided to bandwagon this year and choose a team to cheer for. I am thinking and probably will cheer for BC, however, since I have refused to watch CFL for a couple of years I have no idea what`s new or who is hot this year, If you could talk me into being a fan of your team what would be your teams selling point? Argo`s need not apply) just kidding :rotf: . I am the best fan a team could want. :D Love to hear from newbies who, like myself are Football terminology dumb and have their own names for ref calls. ie, damon Allen would be time count violation.

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:43 am

The 14 game season reference that GreyCupGarry is referring to is about a poster that was incessant about posting how a 14 game season would be better. 'Nuff said about that.

Incidental contact? When it is called correctly I have no problem with that rule.

You may want to consider cheering for the Bombers - a small market team with great fan support, a good team that ought to have a promising season.
Some reasons why you may want to support the BB:
Milt Stegall (going to break the record for # TDs)
Charles Roberts (going to break the rushing record)
Derick Armstrong (stud)
Kyries Hebert (stud)
Barrin Simpson (stud)
Gavin Walls (stud)
Doug Brown (stud)
Terrence Edwards (stud)
Chris Brazzel (stud)
Tom Canada (stud)
Corey Jenkins (rookie stud linebacker)

Last reason, blue & gold look great on anyone!

Enjoy the season ripley!

phpbb_!

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 am

Milt has always been one of my favorites. Good post there. any others?

Shi Zi Mi
Superstar
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Shi Zi Mi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 am

ripley wrote:K stay with me here guys, because my beloved team is "suspended" indefinately, I have decided to bandwagon this year and choose a team to cheer for. I am thinking and probably will cheer for BC, however, since I have refused to watch CFL for a couple of years I have no idea what`s new or who is hot this year, If you could talk me into being a fan of your team what would be your teams selling point? Argo`s need not apply) just kidding :rotf: . I am the best fan a team could want. :D Love to hear from newbies who, like myself are Football terminology dumb and have their own names for ref calls. ie, damon Allen would be time count violation.
My wife thinks Otis Floyd of the Lions has the nicest ass in the CFL.........I had Otis sign a hat to that effect and gave it to the wife for Christmas..........if that helps any in your decison. :wink:
Lloyd

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 am

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
ripley wrote:K stay with me here guys, because my beloved team is "suspended" indefinately, I have decided to bandwagon this year and choose a team to cheer for. I am thinking and probably will cheer for BC, however, since I have refused to watch CFL for a couple of years I have no idea what`s new or who is hot this year, If you could talk me into being a fan of your team what would be your teams selling point? Argo`s need not apply) just kidding :rotf: . I am the best fan a team could want. :D Love to hear from newbies who, like myself are Football terminology dumb and have their own names for ref calls. ie, damon Allen would be time count violation.
My wife thinks Otis Floyd of the Lions has the nicest ass in the CFL.........I had Otis sign a hat to that effect and gave it to the wife for Christmas..........if that helps any in your decison. :wink:
gotta tell ya, that goes a long way in my books, Lol . I need something to do this summer and I miss CFL.(working behind the scenes on various Renegade promotions) Meanwhile I feel the need to belong again. BTW Gerald Vaughn had the best bod in the CFL pass that along to your wife from me. sigh. Thanks for the tip.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:47 pm

BBBob wrote: Derick Armstrong (stud)
Kyries Hebert (stud)
Barrin Simpson (stud)
Gavin Walls (stud)
Doug Brown (stud)
Terrence Edwards (stud)
Chris Brazzel (stud)
Tom Canada (stud)
Does that mean you can attach drywall to them because they are stiff? :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:54 pm

ripley wrote:Milt has always been one of my favorites. Good post there. any others?
Would you want to be the fan of a team who's staff have been seen on TV giving 'the finger' to an opponent just because they are getting their butts kicked big time?

Compare that to St. Pinball, who is always gracious and well mannered. :udaman: :beauty:

Be on the side of goodness and light, join the Argos! :thup: :clap:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:50 pm

1.Would you want to be the fan of a team who's staff have been seen on TV giving 'the finger' to an opponent just because they are getting their butts kicked big time?

Answer.

sounds like you are talking about the Renegades, I have done that myself, so yep I would.

2. Compare that to St. Pinball, who is always gracious and well mannered.

Answer.

Ha, I have seen him mad, when he was a player we threw beer at him(course he just got a touchdown but that`s just details) however he seems like a good guy.

Need more convincing. I will do something I have never done, visit the home page.

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:48 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
Kyries Hebert (stud)
Barrin Simpson (stud)
Gavin Walls (stud)
Doug Brown (stud)
Terrence Edwards (stud)
Chris Brazzel (stud)
Tom Canada (stud)
Um,, when I said hot I meant hot as in who is gonna be great this year but, thanks for the hottie names. football is more than eye candy ya know. :rotf:

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:14 pm

ripley wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:
Kyries Hebert (stud)
Barrin Simpson (stud)
Gavin Walls (stud)
Doug Brown (stud)
Terrence Edwards (stud)
Chris Brazzel (stud)
Tom Canada (stud)
Um,, when I said hot I meant hot as in who is gonna be great this year but, thanks for the hottie names. football is more than eye candy ya know. :rotf:
Ewwww... I think that I just threw up a little in my mouth... replace "stud" with "very good player". :wink:

:beer:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am

Come on ticat fans. Tony Champion was one of my faces as was Grover Covington, what you got this year?