Need a thread for newbies.

Got a question or suggestion regarding the site or forum? post it here

Moderator: Referees

ripley
Prospect

Need a thread for newbies.

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:12 pm

Hello, I have been checking out the board and for me, a relatively newcomer to posting on sports boards, I wish there were a thread for newbies to post in who aren`t used to this stuff and all the technical terms. I know what I like but sometimes have a problem writing it, if we had a thread for us newbies, we wouldn`t feel embarass and overlooked. Newbies speak their own language until they assimilate into the hive. Some newbies just lurk afraid to speak out about their own passions. Just my opinion. Also newbies are very shy of criticism so a thread for those would be nice.

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Re: Need a thread for newbies.

Post by Rammer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:32 pm

ripley wrote:Hello, I have been checking out the board and for me, a relatively newcomer to posting on sports boards, I wish there were a thread for newbies to post in who aren`t used to this stuff and all the technical terms. I know what I like but sometimes have a problem writing it, if we had a thread for us newbies, we wouldn`t feel embarass and overlooked. Newbies speak their own language until they assimilate into the hive. Some newbies just lurk afraid to speak out about their own passions. Just my opinion. Also newbies are very shy of criticism so a thread for those would be nice.
Ahh yes, I recall those days, so long ago. You seem to be doing alright with 30 posts already. If you have a solid take they won't be criticized and even if it has flaws, those will just be corrected for the most part. Your post here seems to fit into an easy transition to the "hive", it is more confrontational individual posts that receive the most criticism. If it hasn't been said, hello and welcome aboard. You will find that if you display your teams logo in your profile, you will have some support from your fellow team fans.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:16 pm

If you need any specific help just post a message or feel free to PM (Personal Message) me or other mods.

One tip, if you are a Windows user, I suggest that you try using Firefox rather than Internet Explorer for browsing the web. Firefox is faster, way more secure and much more robust.

phpbb_!

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:20 pm

Thanks guys. :beer:

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:13 pm

We used to have a thread likt that .... no so much for "takes" but more for experimentation, formating posts, starting polls, attaching files etc.

anyhow .... might as well consider this the new thread :beauty:

there is also an FAQ ... it's not all that helpful so if ANYONE has any questions

Fire Away :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:15 pm

ripley wrote:Hello, I have been checking out the board and for me, a relatively newcomer to posting on sports boards, I wish there were a thread for newbies to post in who aren`t used to this stuff and all the technical terms. I know what I like but sometimes have a problem writing it, if we had a thread for us newbies, we wouldn`t feel embarass and overlooked. Newbies speak their own language until they assimilate into the hive. Some newbies just lurk afraid to speak out about their own passions. Just my opinion. Also newbies are very shy of criticism so a thread for those would be nice.
Since when are YOU a newbie?? :rotf:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:16 pm

K, what the heck is a click back, whenever I hear it I always ask someone and they say what? must have heard wrong. did I?

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:17 pm

I have no idea. I'll bet BBBob does. He knows everything.

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:21 pm

Solar Max wrote:
Since when are YOU a newbie?? :rotf:
( shut up L)LOL I am a newbie for sports .just because I won rookie of the year means nothing. I just wanted a thread to ask some questions that I have so people do not think I am dumb and i thought a lot of newbies might feel the same way

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:26 pm

First of all, you aren't dumb. Everyone here knows that.

Second, 13tman is famous for having fans that can answer almost any question on any sport, so your idea of this thread is an excellent one.

Third, the old adage is that the only stupid question is the one that...sorry wuzzat?

Fourth, You are Rookie of the Year. Now you just need to work on YAC. :rotf:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:32 pm

Any newbies out there? ask your questions here and someone with Knowledge(not solarM) will answer.

I have heard the term CLICK-back, both drunk and sober, nobody seems to know what it means so I think and my answer is, a term the refs use to give a bad call to the renegades-riders whenever they got into scoring position, hence we move back 10 yards and then 3down and missed field goal, run out of endzone, no extra point.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:42 pm

ripley wrote:
I have heard the term CLICK-back, both drunk and sober, nobody seems to know what it means so I think and my answer is, a term the refs use to give a bad call to the renegades-riders whenever they got into scoring position, hence we move back 10 yards and then 3down and missed field goal, run out of endzone, no extra point.
sheeesh an undefeated season and still complaining about the refs :wink:

I think it might mean hitting the return button on your browser
I own The Grey Cup! .com

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:46 pm

Ah yes undefeated but worst in the league for missed field goals last season, this year we have an absolute left footer who nobody has heard of so we may at least get some field goal points in the nothing games.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:23 pm

The best way to introduce yourself is to talk about a 14 game schedule and drone on about it.
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:28 pm

In computer ad talk a click back is the when someone clicks onto a web site, its the way advertisers and search engines measure hits on various web sites.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back