How do you upload pictures from your confuser?

Got a question or suggestion regarding the site or forum? post it here

Moderator: Referees

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

How do you upload pictures from your confuser?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Guys, I'm not much of a computer guy. The most time I spend on the computer is coming here to 13thman.com. :? :smackhead: :futile:

I'm trying to upload some pics but everytime I try to put them in a post, I get a message that they're too big. How do you shrink pics down so you can add them to your posts or your personal gallery? :hmm:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Hugoagogo
Starter

Re: How do you upload pictures from your confuser?

Post by Hugoagogo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm guessing your digital camera probably came with some sort of imaging software (and there should be instructions there). For simplicity, here's another option (I'll assume you're using windows - I'm using windows xp so there may be some variation):
Right click on the photo you want to modify and click "open with paint"
From your top menu, click on image, then click on "stretch/skew"
From there, a window will open up giving you an option to change your horizontal/vertical to a % of the original. Enter a new amount (say 25% for each), and click okay.
Now from the top menu, click file; click save as; choose a new name for the file (so you don't lose the original image); save as a jpeg.
Now, try this image - hopefully, it is a small enough file. You may have to try again with a smaller % for horizontal/vertical (especially if your original image is 10Megapixels or more.

If this doesn't work, let us know if you actually have any software (adobe photoshop for example). If you do, the process is much easier, but each type of software will need different coaching. Good luck, hope that helps...
SUPPORT CFL SPONSORS - BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: How do you upload pictures from your confuser?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:18 am

:beauty: Thanks a lot Hugo. I'll give it a try. :beer:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !