Cup day

Discuss Canadian University Football

Moderator: Referees

Rids
Superstar

Cup day

Post by Rids » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Here we go. Laval wins the Q. Queen's wins the OUA. Saint Mary's is leading in the AUS. Saskatchewan leading in CanWest.

The Queen's vs. Western game saw both QBs toss for over 500 yards. Queen's pulls out a 4 point win. Faulds came out for the final play and could hardly walk before throwing a long incomplete pass to seal the deal for the Gaels. What a finish!
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

argolio
Hall of Famer

Re: Cup day

Post by argolio » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Queens-Western was playoff football at its best. :beauty:
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 am

I saw the highlights of the Western game yesterday. Close one. Who is the QB for Western ? Man does that kid have an arm or what. Awesome passing. :0 :beauty:

Laval winning Quebec and SMU winning in Atlantic Canada were no surprises. :hmm:

Should be very interesting to see Blake Nil's Dinos travel East to play his old team in Halifax. I'd like to see SMU Huskies win but I think the Dinos may roll over them. :cross:
SMU historically takes too many penalties during a game. St.FX had the chance to capitalize on them yesterday but just couldn't do it.

GO Huskies, GO! ! ! :beer:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:55 pm

That was Michael Faulds throwing bombs for the Western Ontario Mustangs. It was actually a match up of the #1 and #2 all time CIS passing leaders which saw 1,000 passing yards that game alone. Amazing.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Rids wrote:That was Michael Faulds throwing bombs for the Western Ontario Mustangs. It was actually a match up of the #1 and #2 all time CIS passing leaders which saw 1,000 passing yards that game alone. Amazing.
:whs:
And who says that a Canadian kid can't make it at QB in the CFL ? Rids and I both saw the passing going on in the CIS games. :D

Time for the CFL BOG and Head office to make some changes for the future and make it a rule that the third QB on a team must be a Canadian ! :pass: :canada:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

FANatic
Rookie

Post by FANatic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Great idea to suggest for the CFL to have at least one Canadian QB on each team. Watching CIS foot ball makes me a believer.
Got my tickets for this weekend to see Saint Marys go up against Blake Nil's Dinos. I hope its a close game but as always may the best team win.
Whoever does win will need their skills sharpened to take on ( I am guessing) Laval.

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't like the idea of making it mandatory. Put the QBs into the ratio and allow teams to do whatever. I really don't care if a team uses 3 import QBs and 2 import kickers because it means they are using Canadians for their on field spots.

I do know that my Whitehorse Musk Ox expansion team would be bringing in both Brannagan and Faulds to camp. (sorry wouldn't draft them because I know they'd slip through...most likely)

FANatic
Rookie

Post by FANatic » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 pm

The night before the Uteck bowl. Saint Marys and Calgary. Two head coaches who were former partners now heading up opposing teams. The weather will be great ( the "Atlantic" bowl usually means freezing your can off) and so far just cloudy skies in the forcast. Can't wait! :beauty: