Vanier Cup 2009

Discuss Canadian University Football

Moderator: Referees

Bob Leponge
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Vanier Cup 2009

Post by Bob Leponge » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Is anybody coming up to Québec to see the Vanier Cup??? I know there are ticketS for sale on Ebay. It's going to be a BIG party starting Thursday on the Grande Allée. The organisers are having part of the main drag downtown in Old Québec closed to vehicles. Many different activities are being organised. Of course the Tail Gate party on Saturday is going to be amazing. I'll be there at 6h30 am with a bunch of friends. Were having chicken and ribs and lots of beer. Don't worry...we won't get bothered by the local police like in Kingston last week. :beer:

By the way! The Hotel Universel (in front of the Peps - the stadium where the game is being played - has rooms available). Act fast, they seem to be filling up quickly!

Hotel Universel
2300, chemin Sainte-Foy, Québec, Québec G1V 1S5
Phone : 1-418-653-5250
Fax : 1-418-653-4486
Reservations : 1-800-463-4495
Email: info@hoteluniversel.qc.ca

Good luck to the both teams :pass:

LE ROUGE!
LE ROUGE!
LE ROUGE ET OR! FOREVER!!!

Rouge et Or's Number one fan!!!

Rids
Superstar

Re: Vanier Cup 2009

Post by Rids » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Would love to be there but it won't work out this year. Will enjoy hearing about the party via the boards.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

karljones
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by karljones » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Calgary can win this one! It's going to be great. It's a good time for football. CFL and CIS

FANatic
Rookie

Post by FANatic » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:09 am

I hope its a full house and I bet it will be a great game. Glad to see the game being held this year at Laval. With the strong fan support from the local area it is the model I hope all or many other teams can strive to get to in the near future. It will be a party. :beauty: :beer:

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:13 am

Heard yesterday that it's a sellout and fans from Queen's and Calgary are having a tough time getting ahold of tickets. Sounds like the Laval faithful are hanging onto the majority of their tickets instead of the mass eBaying I was fearing.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

FANatic
Rookie

Post by FANatic » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Rids wrote:Heard yesterday that it's a sellout and fans from Queen's and Calgary are having a tough time getting ahold of tickets. Sounds like the Laval faithful are hanging onto the majority of their tickets instead of the mass eBaying I was fearing.
This is again a sign of a strong football fan base if the game is sold out and the Laval fans decide to go to the game instead of opting to sell of tickets because the home team will be absent this Vanier Cup. I thought there may be a sell off of tickets also but I am gald to see the fans have a different idea. Good for them for supporting the league. Does anybody know how many tickets were sold for the game?

Bob Leponge
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Bob Leponge » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Here in the news so far that ive heard 17 500 sold out but i know we could go up to limit 19 000 they done it before Montreal vs Laval anyway will see on Saturday there a few still on ebay and lespacs and kijiji