Discuss Canadian University Football

Moderator: Referees

Rids
Superstar

Article on Palardy

Post by Rids » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 pm

MATTHEW WUEST METRO HALIFAX
April 22, 2010 1:03 a.m.

Justin Palardy’s ascent into the record books has caught the eye of Canadian Football League teams.

The Saint Mary’s Huskies all-star punter/kicker is in Ontario this week participating in pre-draft workouts with the Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats and has already been looked at by the Calgary Stampeders.

Palardy, a three-time Atlantic University Sport all-star, holds conference records for career scoring (320), field goals (116) and converts (65) and still has one season of eligibility left.

“As a kicker, if a team is in need of a guy, he’s as game-ready as there is,” said Huskies head coach Steve Sumarah.

“If someone is looking for a dual-role guy (punter/kicker), he might not be quite ready, but if they’re looking for just a field-goal kicker, I’m not sure if there’s anybody better in the country.”

Sumarah said based on what he’s been hearing from scouts, Palardy, a Truro native, could be selected in the first three rounds of the CFL draft on May 2.

Palardy has expressed an interest in one day playing in the CFL, although a fifth and final season at Saint Mary’s is enticing due to the possibility of owning a piece of the Canadian Interuniversity Sport history books.

He is 90 points away from catching Jesse Lumsden’s all-time CIS scoring record of 410 and five field goals away from catching Frank Jagas’s career CIS mark of 70.

“He could go down in history as one of (the greats),” Sumarah said.

“But on the flip side, if you get a chance to go to the CFL and you have a chance to make it ... It’s pretty hard to turn down.”

All-star offensive lineman Adam Baboulas is another Huskie attracting attention for the draft, although he likely won’t get a look until the later rounds.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/sports/ ... -cfl-clubs
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Article on Palardy

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 pm

I watched Palardy play his university career at every home game in Halifax when he was with St. Mary's Huskies. Many a game was decided on the accuracy of his foot, and yeah, he can kick the long ball just as good as anyone else under pressure. :D :helmet:

My guess after reading the article on him on SLAMSports today, is that he will remain a Bomber for the rest of the season. If not stay with Winnipeg, he will catch on with another team no problem. :beauty:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Good prediction, he certainly caught on with the Bombers and was named Gibson Player of the Week for Week 19.
I hope he stay with Winnipeg, a team that's got a solid future.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 pm

cfldave wrote:I hope he stay with Winnipeg, a team that's got a solid future.
I like the way you're going with this, Dave ! Winnipeg will be better next year, rebuilding always takes some time. :beauty:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !