TD you'll always remember...

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Catssuck
Champion
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Catssuck » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:09 am

"The Catch" made by Tony Gabriel of the Ottawa Rough Riders. Still one of my all-time favorite CFL memories as a kid.
On July 13th 2007 Cossack wrote: I agree with the Argo fan.
Thanks for finally coming around Terry - the Ticats do suck.

squishy35
Superstar

Post by squishy35 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:54 am

MTL was driving with a couple mins on the clock and looking for the clinching points when a BC DB ... the same guy who had earlier fumbled ... picked of a pass at the BC goaline

That was Tony Walker :beauty:

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:17 am

squishy35 wrote:
MTL was driving with a couple mins on the clock and looking for the clinching points when a BC DB ... the same guy who had earlier fumbled ... picked of a pass at the BC goaline

D always forgets Walker, mixes him up with Austin IIRC. Walker had a pick earlier in that drive and fumbled the ball back to BC, but he more than made up for it on the INT on the one, it was nice.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:00 pm

Rammer wrote:
squishy35 wrote:

D always forgets Walker, mixes him up with Austin IIRC. Walker had a pick earlier in that drive and fumbled the ball back to BC, but he more than made up for it on the INT on the one, it was nice.

it's walker and wallace i get mixed up :juggle:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:03 pm

there was a catch that a scab player made on monday night football when the NFL was on strike that may have been the best catch EVER!
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:14 pm

D wrote:there was a catch that a scab player made on monday night football when the NFL was on strike that may have been the best catch EVER!

Which reminds me of the fan that jumped into the endzone walk way after a FG, he landed about 20 feet below, but was saved by landing on people in the walk way....

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by ping » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:47 pm

pinball s little twirl to beat the Als and break two tackles in eastern final 1997 !!!

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:20 pm

It didn't go to overtime. And yes, we're pretty sure Saskatchewan won that one. You remember Elgaard's TD in a 40-43 game and you're not sure who won? Okaaaaay then...

Hey I remember the touchdown, that was what the question was about. Excuse me if I don't get all the details quite right about a game played several years ago. Obviously, I was able to give enough detail for you to recognize what I was talking about. Thats pretty good considering I'm not a Rider fan. :roll:
Lest We Forget!

Nat
Starter
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Nat » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 pm

PsychicCatFan wrote:89 GC Kerrigan to Champion.

Absolutely!

I saw the game going down the drain after that gutsy catch.

Luckily, the Riders pulled it out.

THAT, however, was a great catch!

Terencius
Champion

Post by Terencius » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:59 pm

"The Catch" made by Tony Gabriel of the Ottawa Rough Riders. Still one of my all-time favorite CFL memories as a kid.

There are no statues of Tony Gabriel in Saskatchewan. :x

I liked the TD that Kenton Kieth ran in on Winterpeg. I still remember Cuthberts call, "Heres Kieth, cutting back, OH MY!!! Oh WHAT A RUN!! TOUCHDOWNNN!
!!

Kyle
Playground Scrub

Post by Kyle » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:28 pm

Spergon Wynn to Geroy Simon at the end of the regular season of the 2004 season

Ev1989
Champion
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Ev1989 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Reggie Slack's scramble to the endzone late in the 4th quarter to upset Edmonton in the '97 Western Final.

Burris TD pass to Thurman late in the 4th in the Western Final last year...I was absolutely giddy, jumping all over the room for a good minute or two! Too bad it didn't last long...

Most memorable TD I'd most like to forget? Wynn to Simon on the last play of the regular season.
Freak wrote:YAY SASKATCHEWAN! :beauty:

soupie
Superstar

Post by soupie » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:19 pm

srrfan wrote:1976 GC - Jackson to Gabriel in the dying seconds. :(

1989 WDF - Dave Albright picking up a Tracy Ham fumble after a sack, and running it into the end zone. I really had the feeling that the Esks were done after that play. :D

Beat me to the punch on the Dave Albright touchdown.

The week previous there was also a memorable TD run by Brian Walling (?) in Calgary. Thanks Esks.

Printers_papers
Starter

Post by Printers_papers » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:22 pm

D wrote:
Jedrock43 wrote:
Rammer wrote:94 WDF Lions vs Stamps, I think you know the one. I have never before jumped around like a little kid getting the keys to the candy shop before or since.

You and me both... :wink:

Me 3

I have to vote for Alfred Jacksons 109 yard TD catch a couple years ago ... actually it was a 7 yard catch and a 102 yard run :lol: but a 109 yard TD catch has only happened 6 times in league history so being in attendance was quite special .... as were the events that lead to the TD

Montreal was ahead by 4 points and BC fumbled a kick return on thier own 40 ... MTL was driving with a couple mins on the clock and looking for the clinching points when a BC DB ... the same guy who had earlier fumbled ... picked of a pass at the BC goaline ... after an incomplete pass Damon hits AJ on a short crossing pattern and he was off .... for the winning points:roar:

A night to remember for sure in Leos history 8)
CFL Football the Best Game on Earth!

Great place to learn, post and discuss the AHL -http://s9.invisionfree.com/AHL_Underground

gogades
Champion
Location: Section DD, Southside Lower Deck, until they went up in a cloud of dust.

Post by gogades » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:10 pm

Catssuck wrote:"The Catch" made by Tony Gabriel of the Ottawa Rough Riders. Still one of my all-time favorite CFL memories as a kid.

Still can't figure out how he got that wide open ... Ted Provost must still be having nightmares.
"My greatest sadness is for a fan base that has been mistreated by this league. It is a fan base that is painted unfairly around this country because unless you've been there, you just don't know." - Eric Tillman, GC Week 2007