TD you'll always remember...

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

EoSiKlIeMrOsS
Rookie

Post by EoSiKlIeMrOsS » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Eddie Brown kicking it back to his hands in the 96 Grey Cup
Hows come no-one else plays on real grass??

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm

Oh how can I forget this one, Lui Passaglia running in a TD, it was a night to remember as he plunged into the line and somehow found the goal line driving forward with his powerful kicking legs.....

That allowed him to have a rushing TD, a catch for a TD, a throw for a TD, along with kicking a FG's, converts, and singles. Truly the greatest kicker in the CFL.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: TD you'll always remember...

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:35 pm

Stampman wrote:There's a thread in the hockey forums of top 5 goals-

Well here's a Football version...

What TD will forever stick in your memory?
I've got a few-but the one that does the most is from the 1991 Western Final-Danny Barrett to Peewee Smith...

Two immediately come to mind. Joe Barnes to Cedric Minter for the winning TD in the 1983 Grey Cup and Doug Flutie to Pinball Clemons for the winning TD in the 1997 Eastern Final.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:40 pm

HUGO(HURRICANE, THAT IS) wrote:One of the most spectacular TD's I have ever seen came in a losing cuase for my Argos. It was 1982 at Winnipeg Stadium. The Argos were down by a couple of TD's in the 4th quarter, going into the wind at the Bombers 39. The Argos ran what appeared to be a reverse with Terry Greer who stopped and threw the ball 50 yards into the endzone where Scott McGee caught it for the TD. Argos would get the ball back in an attempt to win the game, but rather than throw a hail Mary from the 45, they decided to direct snap to Jan Carinci and try a punt with receivers on-side. It didn't work, but it was a great game.

It was awesome, because despite being a QB at Alabama State, no-one knew Greer could throw like that. It was his first pass attempt in the CFL, and then became an occasional play in the playbook.

You have a great memory, Hugo! I recall that game well. I believe that it was on a Thanksgiving Monday and although the Argos lost, it was one more signal in that 1982 season that they were for real. I believe that they showed that Greer TD pass on Argos This Week this past season.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Beerfish wrote:Giz running back a missed filed goal against the Argos in the Grey Cup (Can't remember if that was 93 or later?)
I get tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat everytime I see that highlight. Giz had to jump over Don Wilson who managed to fall down in front of Giz trying to make a block and then Lance Chomyc valiantly not giving up but tripping Giz up after he crossed the goal line.

As for the biggest TD in CFL history, although it was before my time the Jackie Parker fumble recovery then long td run against the Als in the Grey Cup.

1987 was the year of the big missed field goal return by Gizmo against the Argos in the Grey Cup.

OVDB
Superstar

Re: TD you'll always remember...

Post by OVDB » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:03 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
Stampman wrote:There's a thread in the hockey forums of top 5 goals-

Well here's a Football version...

What TD will forever stick in your memory?
I've got a few-but the one that does the most is from the 1991 Western Final-Danny Barrett to Peewee Smith...

Two immediately come to mind. Joe Barnes to Cedric Minter for the winning TD in the 1983 Grey Cup and Doug Flutie to Pinball Clemons for the winning TD in the 1997 Eastern Final.

Didn't Pinball return the opening KO for a TD vs. the Als in a play-off
game circa late 90's Ravi? - that was a spectacular opener. The Argos'
INT return for a TD (one of the corners - Smith? - thanks Barrett) in the opening Stamps'
drive of the 91 GC + the Rocket's return TD (with the bottle thrown at
him) in the same game.

Lots of great memories here - Champion's 89 amazing catch; Gabriel's
in the 76 GC; Flutie's in the 99 GC; Flutie to Sapunjis in 92

Not a big game importance one - but I'll always remember a
beautiful long bomb rainbow TD pass from Vince Ferragamo to Billy "White
Shoes" Johnson for the Als vs. the Riders at Lansdowne back around

2005saskriders
Rookie

Post by 2005saskriders » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:10 pm

PsychicCatFan wrote:89 GC Kerrigan to Champion.

I was hoping to see this one, it was absolutely incredible. It sticks out in my mind for sure.
"Where small men succumb, great men overcome!" - Terrell Owens

Hutch23
All Star

Post by Hutch23 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:17 am

Wynn to Simon on the last play of the regular season last year!!! That was just GREAT!!!! :beauty: Everyone knew it was coming!!

srrfan
Rookie

Post by srrfan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:26 pm

soupie wrote:
srrfan wrote:1976 GC - Jackson to Gabriel in the dying seconds. :(

1989 WDF - Dave Albright picking up a Tracy Ham fumble after a sack, and running it into the end zone. I really had the feeling that the Esks were done after that play. :D

Beat me to the punch on the Dave Albright touchdown.

The week previous there was also a memorable TD run by Brian Walling (?) in Calgary. Thanks Esks.

Yeah, I was thinking about Walling's TD against Calgary, but I couldn't remember his name. That was a great run. :D
For $350,000, the Stamps are receiving the same type of production from Burris that they got from the likes of Cory Paus, Tommy Jones, and Kevin Feterik for minimum wage. - Michael Petrie (Calgary Herald)

Crash
Starter

Post by Crash » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:45 pm

I have a couple for sure...

1998 Ham @ Edm - Mike Morreale scores on a 98 yard TD....how he ever outran a DB i will never know...

1996 Ham @ Tor - Matt Dunigan to Earl Winfield to seal the incredible early season 38-36 win.

1996 GC - Eddie Brown...
"Friends don't let friends drink and post"

PsychicCatFan
Starter

Post by PsychicCatFan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:56 pm

Eddie Brown 96 cup was pretty cool. I was wishing I could see a replay at the game.
Long Live the CFL

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:40 pm

PsychicCatFan wrote:Eddie Brown 96 cup was pretty cool. I was wishing I could see a replay at the game.

For a non Lion TD, that one was awesome, one to remember for a long time.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:54 am

A third one that comes to mind for me was Condredge Holloway to Emanuel Tolbert for what was an 80 to 90 yard pass and run play for a TD in the 1982 Grey Cup in Toronto. Although the Argos lost, it was the first offensive TD for the Argos in a Grey Cup game in 30 years. Also, it was Tolbert's first game of the '82 season as Bob O'Billovich played a hunch and put Tolbert in for Scott McGhee that day. That TD gave the Argos an early 7-3 lead and drove the 54k at CNE Stadium wild.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:56 am

Who can forget the great TD from AC to put the Als in the 2003 Grey Cup! :clap:

Saskfan in Winnipeg
All Star

Post by Saskfan in Winnipeg » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:38 am

soupie wrote:
srrfan wrote:1976 GC - Jackson to Gabriel in the dying seconds. :(

1989 WDF - Dave Albright picking up a Tracy Ham fumble after a sack, and running it into the end zone. I really had the feeling that the Esks were done after that play. :D

Beat me to the punch on the Dave Albright touchdown.

The week previous there was also a memorable TD run by Brian Walling (?) in Calgary. Thanks Esks.

Riders were in second and 10. Ran a draw play late in the game just after Calgary scored a go-ahead TD. Walling ended up taking it for the distance.

James Ellingson made a block that took out two Calgary defenders and allowed Walling to make it to the goal area.

Ridgway kicked a FG shortly after.
I am me...I think.