TD you'll always remember...

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Chuck-o-nauts
All Star
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Chuck-o-nauts » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:20 pm

Alswin wrote:Who can forget the great TD from AC to put the Als in the 2003 Grey Cup! :clap:

Oh ya, she was a real beauty :roll:
Live for the now, because every moment is your past's future.

ArgoDave
Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:01 pm

Chuck-o-nauts wrote:I've got 3 off the top of my head.

1) 1997 EDF Tor & MTL, thrilling 37-30 victory on a 58-yard touchdown catch by Pinball with 40 seconds remaining. I was sitting right there in that corner and I thought I was gonna explode! :o

2) 2004 EDF Tor @ MTL. I'm sitting amongst 100 or so Argos diehards who've made the trip surrounded by 55,000 hostile frenchmen. Montreal scores the first TD of the game. the place is electric. But when Arland "Take us to the Promisland" Bruce returned the ensuing kick off back for a TD. That was pure elation! Our group was so nuts that the security came over to tell us to settle down. I'll never forget that one!

3)2004 EDSF Tor vs Ham. Kenny Wheaton's 116 yard TD interception. That was a sweet one!

Ah yes, so sweet! The winning TD in Hamilton GC in 96 was great too, partly because of where it was. :lol:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:05 pm

Alswin wrote:Who can forget the great TD from AC to put the Als in the 2003 Grey Cup! :clap:

It was an illusion....
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Loyal Lou
All Star

Post by Loyal Lou » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:07 am

I can't believe that no one mentions that spectacular catch by Eddie Brown in the 96 Hamilton Grey Cup game in that snow storm. I seen a lot of great NFL colt catches, but that catch by down-town Eddie Brown, well I will never forget that catch. Then I also agree with a few guys who wondered how Darren got so open in the endzone for that big catch. one of Baltimore's best Sports announcers, said at the 11:00pm TV sports shows, if that catch would have happened in the NFL, it would have been the years best clutch throw and catch! :-) Lou
Loyal Lou, CFL fan from Baltimore,MD.

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:35 am

Loyal Lou wrote:I can't believe that no one mentions that spectacular catch by Eddie Brown in the 96 Hamilton Grey Cup game in that snow storm. I seen a lot of great NFL colt catches, but that catch by down-town Eddie Brown, well I will never forget that catch. Then I also agree with a few guys who wondered how Darren got so open in the endzone for that big catch. one of Baltimore's best Sports announcers, said at the 11:00pm TV sports shows, if that catch would have happened in the NFL, it would have been the years best clutch throw and catch! :-) Lou

Brown's is mentined Lou, and I will bet if that catch was done in the NFL Super Bowl, Brown would still be doing the PR tour about it. Wejust don't know how good we have it, nor do we celebrate the spectacular the way the US does.

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Post by SectionW » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:13 am

ArgoDave wrote:

It was an illusion....

You mean they called it back? if not great TD :)
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

HotBranch!
Champion

Post by HotBranch! » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:22 am

Not the sexiest TD ever, but, considering the field conditions, the 99 yarder from AC to Woodcock in the 02 GC is one I will remember for quite a while.
Given your proven record of mind-bogglingly destructive excess, we felt that giving you any more than that, would be like giving Michael Jackson a drum of peanut oil and some cub scouts. Alledgedly.
-- Cornfed to Duckman

Tojo
Starter

Post by Tojo » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:35 pm

Not the sexiest TD ever, but, considering the field conditions, the 99 yarder from AC to Woodcock in the 02 GC is one I will remember for quite a while.

:? :? :?

The only thing that gets that out my head, is to remember Tucker's pair in Grey Cup '03. :wink:

Stampman
Superstar

Post by Stampman » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:40 pm

Shoeless Doug is a runner up on my list--I was at that game-sitting near that end of the field-and it looked more scary in person than on TV.

The 94 WDF was a heartbreaker--the Stamps blew several chances earlier in the drive to stop the Lions--and people blamed Flutie for the loss!

Well sorry--it wasn't his fault...
Real men don't wear green...

Eternal Optimist
Starter

Post by Eternal Optimist » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:50 am

Can't remember the year or the opponent, but Arland Bruce dragging a defender 20 yards into the endzone is one of my favorite TDs.
"Holy mackerel! I'm going to kick the dog this morning, throw the cat outside and not give anybody any orange juice" - Dave Ritchie

bk
All Star

Post by bk » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:58 pm

Two of them.

The 94 WDF. I was living in Calgary, but in grad school and flat broke, couldn't even afford Safeway tickets. So I'm watching from home, and as it got dark, I grabbed a radio and stood on the deck of my 9th floor apartment in the snow listening to J.P. McConnell and watching on television throught the window. Unbelievable.

The other - Fernandez, but not the punt return. His last year in BC (was it 1985?) he had been injured, hurt his wrist while being an emergency punter. He comes back in a game against Ottawa. 'riders take the opening kickoff, march down, get a field goal. BC takes the ball at the 35 - DeWalt drops back, slides away from a bit of pressure and uncorks a ball 50 yards down the middle. Fernandez is running a deep post, splits two defenders, makes the catch and goes in untouched into the end zone we were in. You already knew he was probably off to the NFL at the end of the year. That play, as much as any, expressed how incredible he was, and how much he'd be missed. I've never forgotten.

Printers_papers
Starter

Post by Printers_papers » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:44 pm

Sir Purrcival wrote:Alfred Jackson/Damon Allen, BC Versus Montreal in 2002

This one weas great. I alos think that some of Jason Clermont's and Geroy Simon's have been some of the best in the last two years of play. I hope it leads them to a cup this year

:towel:
CFL Football the Best Game on Earth!

Great place to learn, post and discuss the AHL -http://s9.invisionfree.com/AHL_Underground

Dief
Hall of Famer

Post by Dief » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:46 pm

Tony Champion's backward leaping catch in the '89 Grey Cup.
Solar Max wrote:Dief is beyond reproach...

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Dief wrote:Tony Champion's backward leaping catch in the '89 Grey Cup.

That was a beauty :D

mr.deeds
Starter

Post by mr.deeds » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:48 pm

Tackle wrote:Two great TD memories:

Danny Barrett to Peewee Smith

Shoeless Doug Flutie

Hell yeah!!!! :D You got my two! :beer:

Add to that Flutie sliding his way into the endzone to win at a rainy Commonwealth in 92 or 93 for the win. Gotta love it!!
GO STAMPS GO!!!

Favorite All-Time Players:
#20 Doug "Magic" Flutie
#25 Dave "Sponge" Sapunjis
#35 Dan "The Scud" Wicklum

Talk Poker at Edmonton Poker Player Online