Which is the best team fan site messageboard?

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Best fan site?

Edmonton - www.esksfans.com
21%
Calgary - gostampsgo.com
8%
Saskatchewan - www.ridersfans.com
27%
Winnipeg - www.ourbombers.com
7%
B.C. - www.lionbackers.com
17%
Montreal French - www.goalsgo.com
3%
Montreal English - www.sectionw.com
1%
Toronto - www.agrofans.com
4%
Hamilton - www.ticat.ca
11%
Ottawa - www.ottawafootball.com
2%

Total votes: 106

Oiler
Superstar

Post by Oiler » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:29 pm

I think Ottawa is behind a bit for now.
If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:18 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
cossack wrote: argofans.com has really been picking up steam. Some very good people over there. Only downside seems to be the amount of trash talking. Makes it look like argo dave's mutual *beep* society. On second thought, the team motto is "Pull Together". :rotf:

heh, show some links where you feel too much 'trash talking' is allowed. Go ahead, I'll wait.

One reason why there is not too much mean spirited whining there is because YOU don't post there. Yes, I've seen what you post on Ticats.ca so I know just what to expect from you. :twisted:

With all your lures and bobbers I'm surprised you didn't go to Halifax for the game. Would have fit right in with the east coast fisherman.

So why did you post this crap on ticats.ca:
"You have to excuse cossack, I think in a previous life I must have run over his dog or taken his woman, the guy has had an irrational hard-on for me ever since he came to 13thman. He's had warnings from the mods there. He likely would have gone to various websites to trash talk had the Cats won the game, so his rant at me really is just childish."

1: I've had one warning from 1 mod. How many do you have, ex-mod?
2: Regarding going to various websites to talk trash, you whined non-stop during the the entire 13thman play by play thread, stopped listening to the radio broadcast because your team was losing a pre-season game, :roll: then go on to ticats.ca to talk trash, start arguments, and blatently lie about me. I don't go to "various websites to talk trash" after my team wins a game. That would be lowering myself to your standard.
3: Referring to me as "nutsack" and using the word hard-on on the ticats.ca website. As a mod for argofans.com, (which states it's a family site) how would you feel if a ticat fan came to that site and used that kind of language?
Save apologizing for other people, learn to do it for your own actions.

Oiler
Superstar

Post by Oiler » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:24 pm

The Ottawa board is terrible as hardly anyone posts there!
If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

saskfan
Superstar

Post by saskfan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:44 am

Three phpbb_ for THIS SITE!
Gotta like those Renegades, but LUV those 'Riders!

Stamphater
Champion

Post by Stamphater » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:02 am

A bit biased but Esksfans.com is an awesome site. Actually, riderfans is pretty quality too.
"Some people fine their bandmates when they screw up. Me, I knock them out"
Ronnie Van Zant

"I've never had a drug problem, only a police problem"
Keith Richards

http://www.esksfans.com

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:13 am

cossack wrote:This site is easily the best in the league. Knowledgeable, passionate fans from the entire country. CFL heaven! :beauty:

Ticats.ca is good for news, but the forums tend to become like CHML's 5th quarter call in shows. Fans with little knowledge posting complaints ad nauseum.

Dead right on both sites!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:48 am

cossack wrote: Save apologizing for other people, learn to do it for your own actions.

Yeah, and who attacked first? You, as always. Dragging fueds from other boards is a no-no here. What I said to you on that site was a response to your unprovoked attack against me. If Bob had no problem with what I posted WTF business is it of yours? It's just you taking whatever I say about your team personally, as usual. :cl: Even in this thread you named me first. You pretend it's a joke but I know your intent.

If you have a problem with me you know where to find me, it's not like I'm the one hiding behind a keyboard. :twisted:
Last edited by ArgoDave on Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

larz-7
Hall of Famer

Post by larz-7 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:05 am

they are all pretty good and phpbb_ to those whom make them posssible
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by wildthing1971 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:07 am

all the boards for teams are good, but you did leave out the official Rider board Riderville. For the nominal fee the perks are just so much better than any free public board.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:50 am

The big problem wit the ticats.ca message board is the thread redundency.

Somebody can start a anit Danny Mac thread but it will be followed by about 5 other anti Danny Mac threads. They need to get all that talk concentrated in one area.

How many times can you read the same arguments before they get tired?

5goridersgo5
Starter

Post by 5goridersgo5 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:05 pm

all the boards for teams are good, but you did leave out the official Rider board Riderville. For the nominal fee the perks are just so much better than any free public board.

Why would someone who isn't a Rider fan pay money to go to a Rider Board? Even as a Rider fan myself, I will not pay $40 to drink the green kool-aid. As long as the Riders choose to conduct their internet business in this matter, I will not even use their free website. My loss? Perhaps, but in today's age, to charge money for information that is not copyrighted is beyond comprehension.

If I need information about the Riders, I can come here or check Riderfan.com. Either way, the Riders will not extract money out of me so I can watch Norm Fong wash the Rider jerseys.

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by wildthing1971 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:26 pm

5goridersgo5 wrote:

Why would someone who isn't a Rider fan pay money to go to a Rider Board? Even as a Rider fan myself, I will not pay $40 to drink the green kool-aid. As long as the Riders choose to conduct their internet business in this matter, I will not even use their free website. My loss? Perhaps, but in today's age, to charge money for information that is not copyrighted is beyond comprehension.

If I need information about the Riders, I can come here or check Riderfan.com. Either way, the Riders will not extract money out of me so I can watch Norm Fong wash the Rider jerseys.

spoken like a person that has never been into the site. You cannot criticise what you don't understand. I thought $40 was a lot originally too, but after 2 days in the site it blows all the other boards away. I get to talk to real players and know that they aren't going to to get trolled by other teamsfans trying to SD, the video library is huge, the active membership, fact book, etc and it is not the huge lovefest everyone seems to think it is. There are many good debates about players, coaches, play calling etc and so long as it is done with facts and respect for the others on the board nothing gets deleted. as a mod on there for over a year I have deleted only one post and only had to have a private discussion with one member as they were attacking posters. By and large the best team forum and that opinion comes from before I was a mod.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

5goridersgo5
Starter

Post by 5goridersgo5 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Fair enough. I haven't been to the site and who knows, it may be the best thing since sliced bread. Howver, I still will not pay money for a website. Period.

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:45 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
cossack wrote: Save apologizing for other people, learn to do it for your own actions.

Yeah, and who attacked first? You, as always. Dragging fueds from other boards is a no-no here. What I said to you on that site was a response to your unprovoked attack against me. If Bob had no problem with what I posted WTF business is it of yours? It's just you taking whatever I say about your team personally, as usual. :cl: Even in this thread you named me first. You pretend it's a joke but I know your intent.

If you have a problem with me you know where to find me, it's not like I'm the one hiding behind a keyboard. :twisted:

Well, let's see, where to start here.....
You refused to (because you can't) refute the true facts from my earlier post. So i guess you plead "no contest" there. Fair enough.

This disagreement started when you mentioned me by name here:
"I bet Cossack set a land speed record running to his car that would rival Ben Johnson."
That's you naming me first. You see, that's the problem with fishing all the time. Sometimes you catch a shark and it will take a chunk out of you.

ArgoDave wrote:If you have a problem with me you know where to find me, it's not like I'm the one hiding behind a keyboard. :twisted:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
ArgoDave wrote:You pretend it's a joke but I know your intent.

Same for this one while we're at it. If you have something to say, say it.

OttawaShane
Champion

Post by OttawaShane » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:57 pm

ahhhh, yeah...Ottawafootball.com...yeah, that's our team's board. Uh-huh.

that was sarcasm, incidently.
Remember your brothers in Ottawa. It happened to us, it could happen to you. Help us keep the flame alive.