From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Car Crash

Post by D » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:17 pm

This thread was split from another .... I figured my car crash deserved it's own thread being as the car was featured in some TSN Friday Night Football Ads

Gill The Thrill wrote:Will the lost posts ever come back or have they escaped into the abyss of oblivion forever and ever, never to be seen from again? :?:

Not looking good ... I could probably get some of them back but honestly it wouldn't be worth all the time it would take to seperate what the db will take from what it won't :?

Plus .... an asshat turned left into me on thursday night and as a result my car is being written off :( so I need to find a new ride
Last edited by D on Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I own The Grey Cup! .com

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:10 am

D wrote:
Gill The Thrill wrote:Will the lost posts ever come back or have they escaped into the abyss of oblivion forever and ever, never to be seen from again? :?:

Not looking good ... I could probably get some of them back but honestly it wouldn't be worth all the time it would take to seperate what the db will take from what it won't :?

Plus .... an asshat turned left into me on thursday night and as a result my car is being written off :( so I need to find a new ride

:o :o :o The famous MattMobile? :?:

Hope your ok D. :beer:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:53 pm

The famous MattMobile?

yup ... it has taken it's last ride :(
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Tony_Montana
Champion

Post by Tony_Montana » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:26 pm

was that John Voights lebaron?
Never let the facts get in the way when making an argument!

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm

Tony_Montana wrote:was that John Voights lebaron?

to funny ... I am watching that episode of Sienfeld right now :lol:

I just heard george say his is an 83 ... mine is a 92 and lacked the lovely wood tape siding :wink:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Catssuck
Champion
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Catssuck » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Man I am glad I no longer drive in BC. Friggin' ICBC head cases! :?
On July 13th 2007 Cossack wrote: I agree with the Argo fan.
Thanks for finally coming around Terry - the Ticats do suck.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:30 pm

Catssuck wrote:Man I am glad I no longer drive in BC. Friggin' ICBC head cases! :?

So far so good with ICBC ... but then I don't know what they are going to give me for a day or 2 yet :cross:

It was the guy in the Ford Explorer that was the head case :?
Asshat was sitting at a left turn light yakking on his cell phone .... I was coming from the opposite direction .... the light turned green for my side INCLUDING the left turn light ... he was so busy yakking on his phone that he saw the cars across from him turning left so he went to :? .... instead of looking at the light :i: :i: he just starting driving .... meanwhile I am approaching the intersection and next thing I know I have a ford exlporer coming at what I thought was going to be my door :o whoaaa I better get my arm in :o ... BANG he got me on the front fender :roll: :?

This is my 1st car accident in over 25 years .... after my car got hit there was smoke in the car :o and I was rolling towards some other cars ... :o I stopped the car and jumped out :beauty: .... it wasn't till a few minutes later that I figured out the smoke in the car was the airbag deploying :lol: ... turns out the minivan my car was heading towards was a nieghbour.

Anyhow the asshat on his cell phone did admit he was at fault before I even filed a claim (morning after) so ICBC has been good so far :cross: :juggle: but like I said ... I don't know what they are going to offer me yet :cross: I have a number in mind ... hopefully they have the same number :cross:

Oddly enough ... I know notice how stupid it is to have people driving and talking on the phone at the same time :?
I own The Grey Cup! .com

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Legal Statement

I would like to quell any rumours that Matt Dunigan was driving the car :i:

These pics of Matt at the wheel were takin long before the night of the CRASH :?
and of course this popular picture
I own The Grey Cup! .com

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:30 am

Do you drive around with so many people all the time? 8)
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by fishman » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:19 am

Solar told me about your accident at the game Saturday......sorry to hear about the wheels.... :(
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

Beerfish
Champion

Post by Beerfish » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:59 am

That sucks, within a period of 5 minutes last Friday I was almost creamed by two different guys ,,,,you guessed it both had a cell phone glued to their ears.

That Lebaron is a nice looking car. I've always liked the styling on those vehicles.
'Right you are Ken.' .... Vic Romano

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:39 am

What intersection?
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

Lionut
Superstar

Post by Lionut » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:44 am

D, sorry to hear this happened. This is always upsetting and a genuine pain in the butt to have happen. A word of advice -- do some research on the resale value of your vehicle in case they come to you with a lowball offer. You have probably already done that, but just in case...

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:23 pm

What intersection?

Mariner and Barnet hwy

I did do my homework and came up with a number that I wanted .... ICBC topped my number by $60 ... or a free tank of gas :beauty:

I off to car shop 2moro .... I have 4 cars in mind so whatever the best deal I can make that's the one I'll get
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Loyal Lou
All Star

Post by Loyal Lou » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:45 am

Hey "D", this was my statement about driving in Baltimore on a previous post, but I agree with you on the cell-phone thing. Lou

As a senior, living in Baltimore, I really become incensed when seeing all the speeding going on on our city streets by aggressive drivers, and also on all the present auto-manufacturer commercials detailing how big and fast their cars can travel.

Talking about how dangerous Iraq is, Baltimore has also become a combat zone when operating a motor vehicle on it's streets and highways

I was telling my wife, wouldn't it be great if some-how all the speed signs and other road signs could have electronics built in them, and all cars as a matter of law have speed governors built into the engines that controll the cars speed to that of the street signs? Just think of the deaths and accidents that are contributed to the speed factor. :-) Lou