The Official 06 pick the Grey Cup Winner Thread

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Who will win the Grey Cup in 06

Eskimos
7
5%
Alouettes
15
12%
Stampeders
12
9%
Lions
43
33%
Roughriders
21
16%
Blue Bombers
14
11%
Tiger Cats
5
4%
Argonauts
13
10%
 
Total votes: 130

lor
Rookie
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by lor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:49 am

My first pick would be to play Sask. for sure but I have to say, I would take great pleasure in seeing the boys beat Edmonton this year...that wouldn't be tiresome at all :D

User avatar
greengirl88
Superstar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:07 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Bombers territory
Contact:

Post by greengirl88 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:25 am

I live near too many Esks fans who would get waaay too annoying if they made it to the Grey Cup, even if they didn't win it.

It'd be nice not to hear it for a change.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

lor
Rookie
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by lor » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:53 am

Understandable...but if you like when we beat them you can give me all of their emails and I'll send them a sympathy card :rotf:

User avatar
greengirl88
Superstar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:07 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Bombers territory
Contact:

Post by greengirl88 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:27 am

lor wrote:Understandable...but if you like when we beat them you can give me all of their emails and I'll send them a sympathy card :rotf:


I need to find that Mr. Burns emoticon thing I saw recently....


"EE"xcellent :wink: :beer: :beauty:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

hoonsagain
Rookie
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:54 pm
Location: Abbotsford, BC

Post by hoonsagain » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:31 am

CFL4EVER said:

Edm - Ham Grey Cup Final provided Hamilton's D gets it together and Edmonton fixes it's oline concerns. Every team has some potential problems, it's all about who keeps their key people healthy (Dave D in BC is a prime example).

Ray vs Maas

One can dream...


Hoons:

Hindsight is 20/20, but it looks more like a FANTASY than a dream now!
****************************************
BC Lions
Grey Cup Champs
1964, 1985, 1994, 2000, 2006
****************************************

User avatar
greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 18242
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland
Contact:

Post by greycupgarry » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:17 am

greengirl88 wrote:
lor wrote:Understandable...but if you like when we beat them you can give me all of their emails and I'll send them a sympathy card :rotf:
I need to find that Mr. Burns emoticon thing I saw recently....


"EE"xcellent :wink: :beer: :beauty:
Image
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

User avatar
greengirl88
Superstar
Posts: 2250
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:07 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Bombers territory
Contact:

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:07 pm

Thanks Garry :beauty:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

User avatar
GreenJungle
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by GreenJungle » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:22 pm

Roughriders - 27

Blue Bombers - 24
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann.

User avatar
TicatGreat
Superstar
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: East Hamilton

Post by TicatGreat » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:58 pm

Ok since the Cats are not in it, I'm entitled to a second opinion. From what I've seen thus far, the team I feel is most for real, is.........wait for it....wait for it now.......drum roll, please........Call me crazy, but I think the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pretty damned tough!

User avatar
greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 18242
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland
Contact:

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:55 am

greengirl88 wrote:Thanks Garry :beauty:
You're welcome. (burp)Image
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Post by prairiedog » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:41 pm

TicatGreat wrote:Ok since the Cats are not in it, I'm entitled to a second opinion. From what I've seen thus far, the team I feel is most for real, is.........wait for it....wait for it now.......drum roll, please........Call me crazy, but I think the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pretty damned tough!
Not tonite.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
TicatGreat
Superstar
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: East Hamilton

Post by TicatGreat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:55 pm

prairiedog wrote:
TicatGreat wrote:Ok since the Cats are not in it, I'm entitled to a second opinion. From what I've seen thus far, the team I feel is most for real, is.........wait for it....wait for it now.......drum roll, please........Call me crazy, but I think the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pretty damned tough!
Not tonite.
:oops: it was a clunker, but they were due for a let down after leaving it all on the field last week. Brazzel stunk.

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Post by prairiedog » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:21 pm

Due for a letdown? Interesting. That's 2 no-shows in the last 3 weeks (I'll only count since they've been healthy again). How often do you expect letdowns to occur? Oh yea, sorry. You're a Hammy fan. ;)

Stick it to the Esks for a good Rider fan tomorrow will ya? :beer:
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
TicatGreat
Superstar
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: East Hamilton

Post by TicatGreat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 pm

prairiedog wrote:Due for a letdown? Interesting. That's 2 no-shows in the last 3 weeks (I'll only count since they've been healthy again). How often do you expect letdowns to occur? Oh yea, sorry. You're a Hammy fan. ;)

Stick it to the Esks for a good Rider fan tomorrow will ya? :beer:
It happens...we'll compete tomorrow, that is if Maas doesn't miss receivers all night long. It won't be another clunker, though. :beer:

User avatar
greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 18242
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland
Contact:

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:52 am

Image
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest