2006 Posts of the Year Voting Thread

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Vote for the 13thman Post of the Year for 2006

Poll ended at Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Amchow Cops a feel with Ricky
1
7%
OttawaShane; Autumn is here.
11
79%
SectionW on the BoG
0
No votes
NotEZBeinggreen; God I love beer.
2
14%
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Exlied to Alcatraz

2006 Posts of the Year Voting Thread

Post by Solar Max » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:10 pm

1.

squishy35 wrote:Reggae hat $10,



Official Argonauts Replica Jersey $110




Image




Seeing Amchow copping a feel on Ricky Williams at Training Camp.........Priceless :tease:
2.


OttawaShane wrote:The leaves are changing, the football chill is in the air. The CFL's "second half" is well underway, driving home the reality that the season never was and its never coming back.

We lost a summer of weekday treks down Bank St...towards cold beer, good friends, scalding parking lot, and the shelter the Nation built.

The anticipation growing with the incoming crowd, the summer clothed lovelies, and the greeting of familiar faces en route to DD or elsewhere.

Time measured not by the clock, but by the change from daylight to dusk to dark, by the rhythm of the game and the beverages consumed.

And we missed the Game. God we missed the Game. From the introductions to the anthem we could barely hear to the thrill of the kickoff. The drives aborted and successful, passes caught or not, hits missed and made.

And the reasons to celebrate. Interceptions, first downs made or prevented, getting to the point in a close game where every play became The Most Important Play of the Game...watching a sport with more reasons for the crowd to erupt than any other.

All lost.

Even the Hitches innumerable are missed.

It was a summer lacking in features...things to look forward to...reasons to enjoy.

And denied to us still as the second half begins with crisp air, chili that doesn't suck, sausages grilled and chicken legs crocked...blankets, warm drinks and afternoon sunlight.

And with that, the realization as well that doubtless we'll be losing all this again next year - anticipation for 2008 almost outweighed by realization that the black hole remains for another season.

I want my *frig* team back.
3.


SectionW wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote:
SectionW wrote:In fairness you said the same thing about BC and teams not abidiung byu the cap before it became common knowledge, i know you have a hard time disconnecting team fandom from league fandom, but come on, Braley/Wettenhall killed any previous attempt at imposing or enforcing the cap (see Lysko firing, see Wright firing etc etc) connect the dots, it is fairly obvious.
I don't believe I have never denied Braley is anti-cap. In fact he's been quite vocal all along that in his opinion he shouldn't be told how to run his business. That's his stance and it always has been. I've never even said I agree with it. My comment was to the fact that for the last two years Buono has declared the Lions have been at or under the "cap" figure. GoGades seems to "know" otherwise" Unless he has proof I would appreciate if he didn't call Buono a liar.

If I/Buono am proven wrong I have no problem saying shame on the Lions. ESPECIALLY if they have been lying to me the fan.

Furthermore NOT ONE publication, media outlet, or league source has confirmed this accusation and it's been what two weeks now? Yet most here take it as gosspil because some hockey writer wrote it on his blog.
Buono like most GM bends the truth, they do that everyday, so gogades is nto saying anything that we don;t know here, every team has been over the cap in the last few years BC included, on the lying to the fans meh, nothing really new there. Heck Wettenhall pushes Lysko and Wright partly on cap issue then turns around and claim that if we do not get the stadium expansion the als will be toast, the reason competitive cost that keeps increasing. now which is it, the cost is increasing because you keep kicking out the guys that wan to impose a limit? so basically you cry to get funding claiming operating loss, that could have been minimized if you abided by the cap.
So there you have an example of the bending of facts that goes on with everyteam, and yes Buono does lie, he has to, it is part of the job.
4.

NotEZBeingGreen wrote:
glenvb wrote:Yep, those Western teams were no trouble this year...it was just those bleepin' TigerCats! :o
:rotf:

I don't know why, but that sounded (read??) so funny to me. Maybe its because I'm so drunk it took me 3 quarters to realize that the answer to my "why do the eskimoes have a potatoe as a mascot?" question, was "he's a football not a potatoe."

God I love beer :clap:

Image
Poll is open for 7 days. Good luck to all. :beer:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

User avatar
Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 19645
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:42 pm
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:10 pm

Amchow feeling Ricky good is funnier than funny. Got my vote.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

Gerry
Champion
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:47 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Post by Gerry » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:26 pm

The beer post got my vote.

Mmmmm. Beer. :beer:

Gerry
Champion
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:47 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Post by Gerry » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:27 pm

...and I earned 5.94 beers for that post.... :wink:

Gerry
Champion
Posts: 3725
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:47 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Post by Gerry » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:27 pm

and 6.06 beers for that one....

it's a slow night...

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Post by prairiedog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:35 pm

While Squishy's and EZ's are image-aided 1-liners, I have to say that this should come down to Shane and W.

Section W's post was a very candid piece of wisdom which he backed up with an example criticizing his own team to prove a point. And to boot, a criticism that no one else from any team has ever even thought of. Brilliantly done, Eric.

Shane's post had to be easily the most moving post we've seen all year, one that reminded us of why we are 13thmen, because not only do we love the game, but we love getting together with our football friends. Shane proved without a shadow of a doubt that the real losers in the Ottawa mess were the fans.

I really wanted to vote for W, but I had to vote for Shane.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
tuck
Superstar
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:24 am
Location: Ottawa

Post by tuck » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Rammer wrote:Amchow feeling Ricky good is funnier than funny. Got my vote.
Even now when I see that picture the Frank Sinatra song "Strangers in the night" pops into my head :rotf:

User avatar
fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 10156
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:49 pm
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos
Location: closer than you may think
Contact:

Post by fishman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:16 am

prairiedog wrote:While Squishy's and EZ's are image-aided 1-liners, I have to say that this should come down to Shane and W.

Section W's post was a very candid piece of wisdom which he backed up with an example criticizing his own team to prove a point. And to boot, a criticism that no one else from any team has ever even thought of. Brilliantly done, Eric.

Shane's post had to be easily the most moving post we've seen all year, one that reminded us of why we are 13thmen, because not only do we love the game, but we love getting together with our football friends. Shane proved without a shadow of a doubt that the real losers in the Ottawa mess were the fans.

I really wanted to vote for W, but I had to vote for Shane.
agreed PD, Eric's post was excellent and was a prime example of someone putting down the tinted glasses and seeing things for what they are. Something that is very difficult for everyone here to do because of our team alliegances. It would have been much easier for him to not say anything than to say anything at all.

Shane's post though gets my vote. Simply because it puts into words what everyone else here takes for granted each and every season.
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

User avatar
cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5559
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:58 am
Location: Toronto

Post by cossack » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 pm

All worthy candidates. :beauty:

Those that were happy at the death of the Renegades should read what Shane has written. Maybe then, they would understand.

Well done Shane. Post of the year as far as I'm concerned. :beer:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

User avatar
Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Exlied to Alcatraz

Post by Solar Max » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Not much to say except to echo the thoughts above. SectionW's post was brilliant, making many of us look inward to see how we, too, have been shortsighted at times.

Having said that, I voted for OttawaShane's beautifully moving passage.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

User avatar
Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Exlied to Alcatraz

Post by Solar Max » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:55 pm

The winner, by a large margin, is OttawaShane for his lament on autumn.

Congratulations to all who were nominated, and wound up in this thread. Yours were the words that stirred us, saddened us, elated us, and drove us into laughter.

To OttawaShane goes the admiration of his peers, the accolades of same, and the satisfaction of knowing that his words resonate so deeply with those of us who love the game so very much, as we look to see an empty place at the table.

Congratulations, OttawaShane, for the 2006 13thman Post of the Year.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

OttawaShane
Champion
Posts: 3015
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: Southside "DD"

Post by OttawaShane » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:45 am

Wow...thanks all...I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
Remember your brothers in Ottawa. It happened to us, it could happen to you. Help us keep the flame alive.

User avatar
greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 18242
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland
Contact:

Post by greycupgarry » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 am

OttawaShane wrote:Wow...thanks all...I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
And you won because you did an eloquent job of it Shane. :beauty:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

User avatar
Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 19645
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:42 pm
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:16 pm

greycupgarry wrote:
OttawaShane wrote:Wow...thanks all...I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
And you won because you did an eloquent job of it Shane. :beauty:
Congratulations on your eloquence OttawaShane. :D
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

User avatar
fishman
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 10156
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:49 pm
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos
Location: closer than you may think
Contact:

Post by fishman » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:23 pm

OttawaShane wrote:Wow...thanks all...I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
Dicky Dunn - Slapshot...... :beauty:
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest