The Online Petition: Ottawa Renegades

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Glenegade » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:03 pm

It hadn't worked when I tried awhile back but I just signed now.

Feels good to be on a list with great people
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

Alswin
Champion
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by Alswin » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:37 am

I just signed. I miss going to Frank Clair with Glenegade to see the Als play the Renegades!

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:35 am

PDog #214 :clap:
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

Become An Olive
Starter

Post by Become An Olive » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:09 am

Football back in Ottawa would be too good to be true! I miss it so much despite the unsuccess of the previous team! But I think we will see it one day... :cross:

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:57 am

Become An Olive wrote:Football back in Ottawa would be too good to be true! I miss it so much despite the unsuccess of the previous team! But I think we will see it one day... :cross:
Good to hear something so positive out of you.

I think There will be a team back too but it better go right this time

Southside_beer_guy
Starter

Post by Southside_beer_guy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:20 pm

Next week is the final homestand of the Lynx.....and pro-football is still dead in Ottawa.

I'm not as optimistic as some of you. I haven't seen even a glimmer of hope that football will make a return. At least not for another 3 years.....maybe more.

There's just too many factors not in favour of it returning. The Lansdowne issue...I truly believe the city wants to develop it into something other than a stadium. City council & Larry O'Brien come across as everything other than football friendly.....and this city just moves at a different speed than most other places.

Bank st. has been closed between Laurier & Wellington for over 18 months, and doesn't appear to be opening anytime soon. That about sums up how things work in Ottawa.

It looks bleak.

Aerial
Rookie

Post by Aerial » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 am

According to the Ottawa Sun, the stadium has cracks on the south side and is closed. They even had to close dressing rooms for the Gee Gees.

I don't see any CFL in Ottawa for a very, very long time if this is true. Are they going to spend a lot to upgrade the stadium? I doubt it, for what team? Build a new stadium? I doubt it, where's the money and for what team? Just close the south stands and use it as a rec facility and university stadium probably.

argofan87
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by argofan87 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:41 pm

Aerial wrote:According to the Ottawa Sun, the stadium has cracks on the south side and is closed. They even had to close dressing rooms for the Gee Gees.

I don't see any CFL in Ottawa for a very, very long time if this is true. Are they going to spend a lot to upgrade the stadium? I doubt it, for what team? Build a new stadium? I doubt it, where's the money and for what team? Just close the south stands and use it as a rec facility and university stadium probably.
There are those on council here in Ottawa who are probably loving the fact that the south side was found to be unstable, that's the sad truth.
Ummagumma

Steve O'Brien
Champion

Post by Steve O'Brien » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:37 pm

I snuck on here to reset login info for site and saw the petition.

There was no way I wasn't going to sign this.

Uncharacteristically, I couldn't think of something to add to sentiments expressed. :wink:

Thanks, Ripley for initiative and all those who signed.

Today's news tho about problems with South Side stands must make certain politicians gleeful for possible excuse to rip it down and put up those bloody condos etc. A decade later and we're fighting same fight. :?

I'm up for it as best I can tho
Thank You. Finally, someone who makes sense. No wonder I bought your book: SOLAR MAX

MY CFL INCLUDES OTTAWA!

Glenegade
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Glenegade » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Steve O'Brien wrote:I snuck on here to reset login info for site and saw the petition.

There was no way I wasn't going to sign this.

Uncharacteristically, I couldn't think of something to add to sentiments expressed. :wink:

Thanks, Ripley for initiative and all those who signed.

Today's news tho about problems with South Side stands must make certain politicians gleeful for possible excuse to rip it down and put up those bloody condos etc. A decade later and we're fighting same fight. :?

I'm up for it as best I can tho
Hey Steve!

We're all doing our part and appreciate your support

We have you assigned to be one of the ones chained to the building when the bulldozers come.

I'm even chiping in to pay for you chains
those things aren't cheap you know

Reider
Starter

Post by Reider » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:15 am

ripley wrote:You are right Cool, we have to start making some noise. Thanks. :beer:
If you need help with that, feel free to contact 120db @ lionbackers.com. He specializes in making NOISE!!!

:rotf: :beauty:

:beer:
www.cflzone.com

"Nothing rocks better than the Zone" - Ritch Dowrey aka 3rd Down

Steve O'Brien
Champion

Post by Steve O'Brien » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:09 am

Now with today's news about city recommending demolishing the affected part of stands and Mayor coming out saying there's potential local ownership sniffing around and he's been in touch with Cohon, this never-ending saga will continue.

Not one to follow if you can't take the perennial ups and downs, that's for sure.

Oh, and Glenegade, thanks for nominating me to be chained to fence. Think there'd be people who'd use it as excuse to pelt me with various objects. :rotf: :rotf:
Thank You. Finally, someone who makes sense. No wonder I bought your book: SOLAR MAX

MY CFL INCLUDES OTTAWA!

cflwpg
Playground Scrub

Post by cflwpg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:47 pm

I am a big time fan of the CFL and wish you nothing but the best for returning a team to the CFL. I saw Ottawa play in Tornoto at the C.N.E. and serveral times here in Winnipeg. It would be nice to see team wearing the "R" again.

lor
Rookie

Post by lor » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:39 pm

My husband and I just signed, # 252 & 252

I'd love to see Ottawa get their team back, I miss our annual October bus trip to their fine city to watch the Als/Renegades.
Lor

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Re:

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 am

ArgoDave wrote:
Solar Max wrote: Her name is Ripley, and she will hopefully be here soon to give us her point of view. :beer:
Will she stop the Alien infestation too? :wink:

God, its so sad what happened to that girl in Alien 3.

bout as sad as it was when Ottawa left the CFL again

and yes, I will sign.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?