The Online Petition: Ottawa Renegades

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

The Online Petition: Ottawa Renegades

Post by Solar Max » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Perhaps it's time for Ottawa and CFL fans to make known that we want to see football in the Nation's Capital sooner, rather than later. That means gathering the troops, so to speak, and being heard.

This petition was organized by a lifelong Ottawa fan, and Renegade Nation member, who would like to see our support. She is due to join 13thman and give her opinions on this as soon as she has some time.

In the meantime, here we are:

Unsuspend the Renegades
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Many thanks to those who have signed already. :beauty:

DCoach
Prospect

Post by DCoach » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Many Thanks Max!!!! Thank your friend for starting this petition. I see your avatar shows all 9 nine CFL teams as it should be :beer:

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:46 am

DCoach wrote:Many Thanks Max!!!! Thank your friend for starting this petition. I see your avatar shows all 9 nine CFL teams as it should be :beer:
This wasn't my idea, I only wish it was; the person who did this is far wiser than I. Her name is Ripley, and she will hopefully be here soon to give us her point of view. :beer:

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:46 am

Solar Max wrote: Her name is Ripley, and she will hopefully be here soon to give us her point of view. :beer:
Will she stop the Alien infestation too? :wink:

Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 am

Wow, thanks a lot Solar Max, I am honored by your remarks. Hello everyone. Renegade Nation is my home but today I am travelling afield to ask for your help. I see on the petition there are 24 names so far, ok, this is not gonna impress the CFL. even if you love to hate the Renegades please sign it, get your kids to sign it, even the mailman. Just think, when we all get together and play each other, you can say, Oh my God, the Renegades beat us and to think I helped bring them back. Lol. Thanks to all who have signed so far.

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:05 am

ArgoDave wrote:
Solar Max wrote: Her name is Ripley, and she will hopefully be here soon to give us her point of view. :beer:
Will she stop the Alien infestation too? :wink:

I slay Aliens and BoG`s.

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:16 am

Welcome aboard "ripley"! :beer:

Keep up the good fight! CFL :canada:

My CFL includes OTTAWA :beauty:
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

DCoach
Prospect

Post by DCoach » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:35 am

Welcome Ripley....Thank you for the forum to express our opinion to the CFL. :clap:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 am

When I read through all the posts on this board and see all of you CFL fans collectively chatting about your own teams and others, I feel sad and very envious of you all. We need that in Ottawa. We feel left out and abandoned. This petition thingy is a start and gives Fans a way to help each other, East and West. There are a few things we are working on to try and grab some attention from the CFL and City council, one being a full page ad in the National Post, we have a couple of people drafting an ad and I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully this ad will awake some sleepy fans and politicians to let them know we are still waiting for some news on our situation. Another wish for this ad is we hope any potential buyers will see it and realize how much we do care. When the final draft is in I will post it so you all can see, it is really a brilliant ad, the message is awesome and subtle, it will be full page all color.

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:11 am

Welcome aboard Ripley!! Glad to see you over here too! This is one of the best places to get your message across. Good luck! I'm signature number 20. :beer: :beer:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:27 am

Great job Ripley and welcome to 13thman! :beauty: :beer:

Last edited by cossack on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 pm

ripley wrote:When I read through all the posts on this board and see all of you CFL fans collectively chatting about your own teams and others, I feel sad and very envious of you all. We need that in Ottawa. We feel left out and abandoned. This petition thingy is a start and gives Fans a way to help each other, East and West. There are a few things we are working on to try and grab some attention from the CFL and City council, one being a full page ad in the National Post, we have a couple of people drafting an ad and I look forward to seeing it. Hopefully this ad will awake some sleepy fans and politicians to let them know we are still waiting for some news on our situation. Another wish for this ad is we hope any potential buyers will see it and realize how much we do care. When the final draft is in I will post it so you all can see, it is really a brilliant ad, the message is awesome and subtle, it will be full page all color.
As a lions fan we have ALMOST lost our team a couple times .... Almost was bad enough I can't imagine what you Ottawa fans have been put through

Keep up the fight :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:08 pm

Done :beauty:

ripley
Prospect

Post by ripley » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:12 pm

Thank you, all of you. We have to be here for each other, if one falls then we have to work together to try and pick them up. I never in a million years thought I would post on this board as I am a die-hard Ottawa fan and that`s all I could see but seeing your posts have made me realize we are all fans of CFL and it`s OK to post here and not be laughed at. Thankyou people. I have never had a conversation with an Argo fan. Lot`s of yelling but no talks. LoL.