GreyCupGarry

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Rookie

Re: GreyCupGarry

Postby borehamgirl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:48 pm

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I would like to propsose a button be made and sold in Garry's honour, and that we can get as many people wearing them throughout the season and at Grey Cup as possible next season.

Garry wouldn't have it any other way that the money from these buttons go to CFL Fans Fight Cancer.

I am willing to chip in funding for this venture. A simple white button with bold Argo blue lettering and ther initials GCG would be great. That way we can all make sure he's with us for years to come at Grey Cup, and we raise some money for his favorite charity, one that he so willingly gave his time for.

That is an amazing idea. For Garry I'd even wear the blue and white pin.

Thanks for the info, ping. I think that sounds like a great idea as well.

All Star
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Postby Spencer » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 pm

While I never had the chance to meet Garry, I certainly know him well from this forum, and I am sad to hear of his passing. I'm always affected by the loss of one of "our CFL family" here, and my thoughts go out to his friends and loved ones.

For Garry - :beer:

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Postby D » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Garry was an incredible friend that I will miss greatly

I was fortunate enough to receive a large dose of Garry's hospitality last summer when I stayed at his home for about 6 weeks while out east. Garry, Brad and Ally made me feel welcomed and comfortable and I thank them for that. He loved the CFL, Argos, his family and his numerous friends.

He was quick to tell you if you were out of line but even quicker with a pat on the back, a smile or his engaging sense of humour. I can't help but think he's at peace and sharing a few belly laughs with one of his favourites John Candy.

I treasure the time we spent together and I will miss my friend ... Happy Trails Cowboy
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby ping » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:22 pm

D wrote:Garry was an incredible friend that I will miss greatly

I was fortunate enough to receive a large dose of Garry's hospitality last summer when I stayed at his home for about 6 weeks while out east. Garry, Brad and Ally made me feel welcomed and comfortable and I thank them for that. He loved the CFL, Argos, his family and his numerous friends.

He was quick to tell you if you were out of line but even quicker with a pat on the back, a smile or his engaging sense of humour. I can't help but think he's at peace and sharing a few belly laughs with one of his favourites John Candy.

I treasure the time we spent together and I will miss my friend ... Happy Trails Cowboy

I will always remember finally taking a break for once from selling and sitting haveing a beer with you guys in the sun at the corn roast!!! We have some great memories eh D! Its really bad news!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

2014 MVP

Postby tigger » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 pm

Resting at the Gilbert MacIntyre and Son Funeral Home, ''Rockwood Chapel,'' 117 Guelph Street, Rockwood, where the family will receive friends for visitation on Thursday, December 11, 2008 from 2-4 p.m., followed by a Funeral Service in the funeral home Chapel at 4 p.m. Cremation to follow.

Donations on Garry's behalf can be made to the CFL Fans Fight Cancer, cards available at the funeral home, 519-856-1100 or send condolences at http://www.gilbertmacintyreandson.com

Superstar

Postby HammerMan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Although I had never met Garry, I realized from his posts and all the pictures of him, that above his being a great CFL fan, Garry was truly one of the Good Guys in the world... everyone can learn something about how to be a great human being from that man.

RIP Garry... your memory will live on.
Oskee Whiskey! Holy Mackinaw! Tigers! Eat'em RAW!
GO Stillers! The SuperBowl XLIII Champs!
Roll Red Roll! 2006 Ohio DIII State Champs!

Starter

Postby Dieter » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:23 pm

I enjoyed reading his posts and had thought it would be neat to meet him at a Grey Cup someday.
RIP Garry

Superstar

Postby ticatfan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:51 pm

Very nice touch on the home page D

Starter

Postby winched » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:01 pm

ticatfan wrote:Very nice touch on the home page D

:whs:
A fitting tribute

Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Postby ArgoDave » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm

OrangeShoes99 wrote:I would like to propsose a button be made and sold in Garry's honour, and that we can get as many people wearing them throughout the season and at Grey Cup as possible next season.

Garry wouldn't have it any other way that the money from these buttons go to CFL Fans Fight Cancer.

I am willing to chip in funding for this venture. A simple white button with bold Argo blue lettering and the initials "GCG" would be great. That way we can all make sure he's with us for years to come at Grey Cup, and we raise some money for his favorite charity, one that he so willingly gave his time for.

Awesome idea Brian. :whs:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Champion

Postby Bushido » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:29 pm

:(

I only ever knew him from these boards but he seemed to be a tremendous person.

I'm going to miss you, Garry.

My sincerest condolences to his family and his friends. :(

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Postby D » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:19 pm

It's sure to bring a smile and a tear ... here is Garry`s profile in the 13thman Hall of Fan
http://www.13thman.com/hof/fanhofgreycupgarry.html
I own The Grey Cup! .com

Hall of Famer

Postby ping » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 pm

winched wrote:
ticatfan wrote:Very nice touch on the home page D

:whs:
A fitting tribute

I love it, now if only we could make it a link to his hof page!!!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Postby Glenegade » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:09 pm

So many great memories
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Undefeated So Far In 2006!

Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Postby jaxon » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:37 pm

Very Sad News.

I first met GCG at the Vancouver Grey Cup a few years ago, and managed to have a beer with him at every Grey Cup since. He was truly a warm sole.

God Bless
Manitoba Bison
2007 Vanier Cup Champions!

PreviousNext

Return to Thread Archive