Ritch Dowrey - 3rdDown in dire condition

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

CFLer
Starter

Re: Rich Dowrey - 3rdDown in dire condition

Post by CFLer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:05 pm

OrangeShoes99 wrote:UPDATE: I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Ritch came out of his coma this morning! He is still non-responsive, but nurses have said this a great first step. I knew that Bwaaaaaaaanaaaa call would get his heart rate going enough to say enough is enough!

Turd is fightin!!!!
Great news orange shoes, I just found out like an hour ago, how random. Life is full of curve balls.

Keep up with the updates, they're really appreciated.
edited by D .. no personal attacks or deliberately annoying other members ... in posts or sig files

Gerry
Champion

Post by Gerry » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks, Brian. That's awesome news.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Great News Brian ... Thanks for sharing

Cmon .... Ritch ... keep moving those yardsticks :13thman:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks Brian!

That is very encouraging news! Lets hope for continued progress! :beer:
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:47 pm

OrangeShoes99 wrote:UPDATE: I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Ritch came out of his coma this morning! He is still non-responsive, but nurses have said this a great first step. I knew that Bwaaaaaaaanaaaa call would get his heart rate going enough to say enough is enough!

Turd is fightin!!!!
AWESOME! Next time try telling him that Wally signed Casey to a 3 year deal, see if he doesn't jump up for joy! :cross:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Hoof
All Star
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by Hoof » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:02 pm

D wrote:
Hoof wrote:Nice quotes to the media vultures concerning Ritch, Derek. Maybe try a nice warm cup of STFU before you beak off next time, eh?

D = DINK

Hoof
I can't argue with that ... Even tho I am the only one who knows how that quote came about I feel like a Dink
Fair enough, Derek.

Hoof
GO TURD!!

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by D » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Turd is now un banned ... Just hoping it somehow helps him out at this time :beg: , a little positive karma :13thman:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

3rd Down get together this Friday

Post by D » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Seeing as nobody other than brian is able to see Ritch at this time a bunch of us will be gathering for a few beer at the pub the attack happened at? Ya I know it's a gay bar but it is a way for us to get together and send Ritch some Karma. If you can't be tolerant and accepting it's better that you don't show up

here is a link to the pubs website http://www.thefountainheadpub.com/ the address is 1025 Davie Street

Friday will be 2 weeks after the incident, there is also a PPV Canuck game at 6 which would have us in the same pub exactly 2 weeks after the attack. I dunno the lord works in mysterious ways maybe this can help. :beer:

Wear some Lions or CFL gear so we can recognise each other

who's in?
I own The Grey Cup! .com

winched
Starter

Post by winched » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Turd is fightin!!!!
I keep hopin' and prayin'!!

This is great news :D

woody
Superstar

Re: 3rd Down get together this Friday

Post by woody » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 pm

D wrote:Seeing as nobody other than brian is able to see Ritch at this time a bunch of us will be gathering for a few beer at the pub the attack happened at? Ya I know it's a gay bar but it is a way for us to get together and send Ritch some Karma. If you can't be tolerant and accepting it's better that you don't show up

here is a link to the pubs website http://www.thefountainheadpub.com/ the address is 1025 Davie Street

Friday will be 2 weeks after the incident, there is also a PPV Canuck game at 6 which would have us in the same pub exactly 2 weeks after the attack. I dunno the lord works in mysterious ways maybe this can help. :beer:

Wear some Lions or CFL gear so we can recognise each other

who's in?
Great Idea. :good:

I'm up for it...but it's a little tough on such short notice! Do me a favour? Have a drink on me and raise a glass to Ritch! :beer:

"D"...make sure you introduce yourself to "Derek" the manager! :beauty: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: 3rd Down get together this Friday

Post by D » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:21 pm

woody wrote:
I'm up for it...but it's a little tough on such short notice! Do me a favour? Have a drink on me and raise a glass to Ritch! :beer:

"D"...make sure you introduce yourself to "Derek" the manager! :beauty: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
It's only 3500 miles .... i'll pick you up at the airport :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:41 am

D wrote:
Hoof wrote:Nice quotes to the media vultures concerning Ritch, Derek. Maybe try a nice warm cup of STFU before you beak off next time, eh?

D = DINK

Hoof
I can't argue with that ... Even tho I am the only one who knows how that quote came about I feel like a Dink
You don't have to feel like a dink, Derek. Nor should you. You said & did nothing wrong. As you say, the reporter chose to publish what she did while ignoring everything else you said. Looks to me like some of the things you said about Ritch were taken out of context. What you said we all understand. Anyone who knows Ritch understands. Hell, even he understands it. You didn't say anything malicious. Besides, Ritch never held it against you. You guys are still friends. I think Ritch's stubborn streak has got him thru this nightmare so far, so it's all good. When you talked about him being stubborn, I knew exactly what you meant.
What some people think of your published comments??? Pfft!! Screw them if they don't like it. :hmm:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:33 am

iso_55 wrote:
You don't have to feel like a dink, Derek. Nor should you. You said & did nothing wrong. As you say, the reporter chose to publish what she did while ignoring everything else you said. Looks to me like some of the things you said about Ritch were taken out of context. What you said we all understand. Anyone who knows Ritch understands. Hell, even he understands it. You didn't say anything malicious. Besides, Ritch never held it against you. You guys are still friends. I think Ritch's stubborn streak has got him thru this nightmare so far, so it's all good. When you talked about him being stubborn, I knew exactly what you meant.
What some people think of your published comments??? Pfft!! Screw them if they don't like it. :hmm:
x2 :good:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

OrangeShoes99
Superstar

Re: Ritch Dowrey - 3rdDown in dire condition

Post by OrangeShoes99 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi everyone, I was able to visit Ritch last night and it was an encouraging visit.

As earlier reported he is out of his coma, but for the most part still non-responsive.

When I arrived Ritch was sleeping. Soon after he woke up and when I started to talk to him, he turned his head and looked at me. I can't tell you how great that felt. I even thought I saw an effort to smile at one point. I gave him a thumbs up and started rattling off names of people who were thinking of him and pulling for him across the country. I talked about football to him. Held the Lions jersey the team brought in front of him. At times he seemed to respond to my voice, other times he did not. He can't follow you across the room with his eyes.

Overall this is a huge improvement, but again I stress he has a long way to go. I am not sure if he knew who I was or understood what I was saying, only that he could hear me and acknowledged my presence my turning his head to look at me. I bellowed a couple Bwaaaaaaaaanaaaaaas to keep the fight going inside him.

I have been told this morning by a family member that he smiled at the nurse this morning. That's our Ritch, always making the best of things!

Unfortunately I can't make it to tonight's gathering, but I have been told his brother will be in attendance, and should have a further update on his status for those in attendance.
Last edited by OrangeShoes99 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All together for 3rdDown..."Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaa!"
CFL Fans Fight Cancer - See how you can help at http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: Ritch Dowrey - 3rdDown in dire condition

Post by D » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:52 pm

That's Great news Brian ... thanks for the update

He's obviously fighting, let's hope he continues to show Progress .... :13thman: Atta Boy Ritch! :13thman:
I own The Grey Cup! .com