What's Your Name About ? ?

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here

Moderator: Referees

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:47 pm

It's a long story, but here goes

I'm a die hard Bomber fan for three reasons:

1. They are from the city where my favoite NHL team is from.
2. Their nickname is a combination of my parents favoite AFL/VFL teams, the Calton Blues and Essendon Bombers.
3. Their colors are that of the Alaska (which IMO, should be a province of Canada, I call it the "Lost Province") flag.

The King of Zings
Playground Scrub

Post by The King of Zings » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:41 pm

Really? And all this time I thought it was because "a dingo ate your baby." :evil:
This November, The Kings of the CFL go back on their throne.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:06 pm

please dont use that saying, it pisses me off, and it's from a very painful part of Aussie history. :(, and it's not funny.

ohiocflfan65
Prospect

Post by ohiocflfan65 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:24 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:It's a long story, but here goes

2. Their nickname is a combination of my parents favoite AFL/VFL teams, the Calton Blues and Essendon Bombers.
3. Their colors are that of the Alaska (which IMO, should be a province of Canada, I call it the "Lost Province") flag.
Wow...Don't you mean your favorite NHL team "was" from?
Didn't know CFL and AFL had anything to do with each other
And...the two flags really don't share anything in common.

Anyway....My nic states where I live now (Ohio) but it doesn't tell how I fell in love with the CFL.

Living in N.Y. in 1982 the nfl went on strike and the t.v. networks...(contracted to show some kind of football) decided to broadcast games from the CFL that season.

Being an A-Typical american fed the crap that our media feeds us...I had no clue about this league nor it's history.

After doing research and finding out that it's the oldest form of football in North America and feeling very pi**ed because I grew up not knowing this, even though I live in a country that states how fair it is...I fell in love with this version of the game......and the rest they say, is history!!

Money may motivate certain people to make certain choices, but it most certainly does not put a value on an athletes talent!

True athletes reside in the CFL and always have! I know that CFL players don't get paid as much as their greedy u.s. counterparts...but.....who can't live on $250,000 per year??? There are many CFL players who have chosen THE RIGHT path in Football. Sandro Deangelis is ONE HELL OF A KICKER who has turned down nfl contracts!!!! If that's not class??? I don't know what is.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:55 pm

ohiocflfan65 wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:It's a long story, but here goes

Wow...Don't you mean your favorite NHL team "was" from?
Didn't know CFL and AFL had anything to do with each other
And...the two flags really don't share anything in common.

Anyway....My nic states where I live now (Ohio) but it doesn't tell how I fell in love with the CFL.

Living in N.Y. in 1982 the nfl went on strike and the t.v. networks...(contracted to show some kind of football) decided to broadcast games from the CFL that season.

Being an A-Typical american fed the crap that our media feeds us...I had no clue about this league nor it's history.

After doing research and finding out that it's the oldest form of football in North America and feeling very pi**ed because I grew up not knowing this, even though I live in a country that states how fair it is...I fell in love with this version of the game......and the rest they say, is history!!

Money may motivate certain people to make certain choices, but it most certainly does not put a value on an athletes talent!

True athletes reside in the CFL and always have! I know that CFL players don't get paid as much as their greedy u.s. counterparts...but.....who can't live on $250,000 per year??? There are many CFL players who have chosen THE RIGHT path in Football. Sandro Deangelis is ONE HELL OF A KICKER who has turned down nfl contracts!!!! If that's not class??? I don't know what is.
Geo, is that u? welome abourd! :beer:

1. hopfully so it will be an "is", heck on my NHL game that already the case.
2. they have some simularites in rules (singles) and teams (Tigers, Cats, Blues, Bombers)
3. they are the same colors, blue and gold
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Cool
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Cool » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:57 pm

I've always wanted to be Cool...

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Cool wrote:I've always wanted to be Cool...
Is that it? Nothing else? :D I guess you da man. :udaman:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:46 pm

hfxbomberfan:

-used to live in Halifax while in the Navy for 20 years. Just moved to Saint John, NB. :argo:
-DIEHARD Bomber fan when I was kid growing up in Winnipeg (Charleswood). I even stuck with them during the "Dark Ages of Rheinbold" ! :?
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 pm

lion24 wrote:
Rammer wrote:Rammer, is a nickname I picked up playing different sports with a group of guys, who tabbed me with that title as there were two of us with the name Phil, so they adapted my last name to suit my style of play I guess. :juggle:
Who are YOU again??!! :wink: :tease:
Holey crap! I wouldn't want to go through 30 or whatever pages to find where this quaote came from, I but it has to be near the beginning. :lol:
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing