Windows Vista...

Boys love the Toys ... Discuss the latest toys, technologies, Virus Alerts, Help others with Home Improvements or fixin the car, etc.

Moderator: Referees

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:37 am

Catssuck I just put the links up there for posterity, not to encourage anyone to switch over. Some folks think that you can't purchase XP anymore, as hard as that is to believe!

[note]Gamers, do NOT use Vista!

green ty
Superstar

Post by green ty » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:50 am

Meh, I've been using it for over a year (since the beta) and have had no serious issues. UAC is annoying, so I turned it off. Sometimes small files take a long time to copy, which is annoying. I have both Vista and XP (and Ubuntu) installed on my machine and I probably haven't booted up XP in 6 months.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Ive been working with PC's for years and I have to say, after a few go rounds with Vista, I thought to myself, this could be the OS that drives me to a Mac. Now needless to say, I think that Microsoft will probably re-think some of their "features". Some are just plain annoying like UAC. Others like changing the name of their bundled email client are just plain stupid. However, I felt similarly about some of XP's feature initially as well but once I had figured out how to configure it to my liking, it was ok. Some changes are necessary like the TCP/IP stack re-work. We will need to be able to accommodate the new IP numbers sooner than later.
Lest We Forget!