Fax Software

Boys love the Toys ... Discuss the latest toys, technologies, Virus Alerts, Help others with Home Improvements or fixin the car, etc.

Moderator: Referees

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Fax Software

Post by Sir Purrcival » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Ok all you techie types.

I am looking for some recommendations on some PC Fax software. It doesn't need to be fancy, just rock solid. Been using Winfax for awhile and it has this annoying tendency to crap out once in awhile at inconvenient times.

Any suggestions.
Lest We Forget!

Soundy
Playground Hero

Re: Fax Software

Post by Soundy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:27 pm

How fancy does it need to be?

I use the Microsoft Fax application that comes with XP on my system, and it's more than sufficient for my modest needs (almost exclusively receiving faxed service orders from our office). It can read my Outlook address book, so I have full access to all my work contacts.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:49 am

As long as it is rock solid. I have had some mixed results with Microsoft Fax in the past. I haven't looked at it recently but a few years back it was a pretty primitive beast. It would be a low cost option to try. I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanx for the idea.
Lest We Forget!

Soundy
Playground Hero

Post by Soundy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 am

Sir Purrcival wrote:As long as it is rock solid. I have had some mixed results with Microsoft Fax in the past. I haven't looked at it recently but a few years back it was a pretty primitive beast. It would be a low cost option to try. I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanx for the idea.
It is "primitive" to be sure, but I haven't had any problems with it. I have had issues with my modem disappearing, and it's not happy about that, but that's really a problem with the modem itself.