IE 7 and Youtube

Boys love the Toys ... Discuss the latest toys, technologies, Virus Alerts, Help others with Home Improvements or fixin the car, etc.

Moderator: Referees

LFITQ
Champion

IE 7 and Youtube

Post by LFITQ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Yeah I know ... switch to Firefox...

Now we have gotten that out of the way...

I am using IE7 and with Youtube videos I am ALWAYS getting "We're sorry, this video is no longer available". Then I turn on Firefox and the same video works just fine.

I uninstalled and downloaded the latest IE7. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest Flash player (Adobe). I went into my internet options and changed it to allow embedded players.

Now I'm at a loss. Anyone got any other ideas?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Sgt Oddball

I send vbeers to asshats hoping they will mellow out

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Re: IE 7 and Youtube

Post by Inquiring Mind » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:17 pm

With Microsoft stuff sometimes a reboot will do wonders... no promises, but if you have a couple free minutes, which if you're cruising youtube seems a given, it's worth a shot
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

LFITQ
Champion

Post by LFITQ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:With Microsoft stuff sometimes a reboot will do wonders... no promises, but if you have a couple free minutes, which if you're cruising youtube seems a given, it's worth a shot
Oh it's been rebooted several times. But I think I have it sorta fixed now.

It seems to now only be on SOME youtube vids (most notably "This is our league" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1jCfg7Qxc) and on embedded vids in forums like this one.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" - Sgt Oddball

I send vbeers to asshats hoping they will mellow out

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Could be caused by having too many anti-virus/security programs on your computer.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.