What's the Dumbest Conspiracy Theory You've Heard?

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

cfldave
Superstar

What's the Dumbest Conspiracy Theory You've Heard?

Post by cfldave » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:37 pm

9/11 has generated all sorts of idiotic conspiracy theories. Surely this has to rank as one of the dumbest:

"Shortly after September 11, 2001, false rumors began to circulate claiming that 4,000 Jews, or 4,000 Israelis, had failed to report for work at the World Trade Center (WTC) on 9/11, supposedly because they had been warned to stay away by Israeli secret services, which were allegedly responsible for the attack."
Wikipedia

Another absurd conspiracy theory tells us that the moon landings never happened. We know they must have happened because were also told the Nazis had a moon base during the second world war. Surely if the Nazis made it in 1944 then the Americans could have in 1969.

What are your favourite conspiracy theories?
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

ezgolf2002
Starter

Post by ezgolf2002 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:42 pm

I heard that the secret about the moon landing and the loss of video from it was because..........when the U.S went to the moon, there were aliens already there. Thus creating the abduction for technology theory....

but the real conspiracy is.............Troy westwood was told to fake an injury for obvious reasons. :D
mmmmmm.....cannons

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Worst conspiracy: Santa isn't real.

He is, cuz I've seen him. The flag he carries doesn't wave because the sun angle is wrong, and the plane he flies was chartered by the government to fly into Superman's Fortress of Solitude so that Supes would attack Iraq.

That Easter Bunny character and his breaking and entering Daniel Ellsburg's psychiatrist's office while he stayed at the Watergate was a bunch of hooey, too.

The Aliens are here, and they own convenience stores. Ever had a convenience store clerk EVER get the thing behind the counter that you asked for, and that you're pointing at?? No. Because they are Tau Cetians, water creatures who communicate by sonar, so they can't understand you and your pitiful clucking of vocal cords. The only way they ever will understand you is to get their Universal Translator that is hidden beneath the "Face" on Mars, taken there by Atlanteans as the lost continent sunk beneath the waves years ago.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

CatsEyes
Superstar

Post by CatsEyes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:58 pm

Hmmm....methinks someone has been watching too much Space Channel before bed! :wink: :8)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:59 am

Solar Max wrote:Worst conspiracy: Santa isn't real.

He is, cuz I've seen him. The flag he carries doesn't wave because the sun angle is wrong, and the plane he flies was chartered by the government to fly into Superman's Fortress of Solitude so that Supes would attack Iraq.

That Easter Bunny character and his breaking and entering Daniel Ellsburg's psychiatrist's office while he stayed at the Watergate was a bunch of hooey, too.

The Aliens are here, and they own convenience stores. Ever had a convenience store clerk EVER get the thing behind the counter that you asked for, and that you're pointing at?? No. Because they are Tau Cetians, water creatures who communicate by sonar, so they can't understand you and your pitiful clucking of vocal cords. The only way they ever will understand you is to get their Universal Translator that is hidden beneath the "Face" on Mars, taken there by Atlanteans as the lost continent sunk beneath the waves years ago.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
The 60's must have been a blur, right Solar?? :rotf:
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:24 am

There were "60s"?? Whoa.

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by greengirl88 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:22 am

Sobeys = sOBEYs ... 'cause the S's aren't really S's, you see.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

Catssuck
Champion
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Catssuck » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:15 pm

I know Tuck is planning to kill me. Every game I see him on his Blackberry, co-ordinating things with a hit-man. It's a good thing he's dyslexic after a couple of beers and usually sends the hit-man to level 500 to search in vain for the guy wearing the 'Kcusstac' jersey.

If he ever goes on the wagon I'll never be able to attend another game.
On July 13th 2007 Cossack wrote: I agree with the Argo fan.
Thanks for finally coming around Terry - the Ticats do suck.

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Solar Max wrote:Worst conspiracy: Santa isn't real.
:o :( :( :( :( :(

tuck
Superstar

Post by tuck » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Catssuck wrote:I know Tuck is planning to kill me. Every game I see him on his Blackberry, co-ordinating things with a hit-man. It's a good thing he's dyslexic after a couple of beers and usually sends the hit-man to level 500 to search in vain for the guy wearing the 'Kcusstac' jersey.

You're safe then. :beer:

tigger
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by tigger » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:45 pm

tuck wrote:
Catssuck wrote:I know Tuck is planning to kill me. Every game I see him on his Blackberry, co-ordinating things with a hit-man. It's a good thing he's dyslexic after a couple of beers and usually sends the hit-man to level 500 to search in vain for the guy wearing the 'Kcusstac' jersey.

You're safe then. :beer:
But Tuck, still has his Crackberry :o :rotf:

cfldave
Superstar

Post by cfldave » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:26 pm

I'm loving this stuff but honestly where are the conspiracy theorists, why aren't they defending their honor?

Surely there is at least one conspiracy theory (besides global warming all you environmental reactionaries :wink: ) somewhere out there worth defending.
Don't Give Up: Don't Give In: But Do Give Back

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Migs? Migs? Where are you?

PS: Global Warming sucks. The movie was bad, I'm waiting for the Broadway version.

Randy Brule
Starter
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by Randy Brule » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:57 am

One theory I read recently was that the world trade center didn't fall because of the aircraft hitting them. By timing the actual collapse, they figured that structurally there was no resistance so there must have been bombs planted on each floor that took it down. :juggle:

tiggmtl
Rookie

Post by tiggmtl » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:20 am

The refs are out to get _____________________ (fill in name of favourite team or player here).