Justin Trudeau, a quote that will haunt him.....

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Justin Trudeau, a quote that will haunt him.....

Post by prairiedog » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:as one who has always refused to learn a second language and who hates the idea of bilingualism, I got to admit that there is much truth in what Justin said. I admit to being guilty of just that. but I do not repent of it.
Bonjour. ;)
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

294life
All Star

Post by 294life » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:53 pm

jaxon wrote:Justin Trudeau says Canadians who don't learn a second language are "lazy"

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008 ... 75-cp.html

For the record, I think that being bi-lingual is a great skill, and one that I wish that I possessed. Unfortunately, it is not something that comes easily to me, nor to many other people. I really enjoy visiting Quebec. I made 3 trips there in 2007, and I've got at least 2 planned for this year. It is, however, a different environment than most other regions in Canada when it comes to language.

Calling unilingual Canadians "lazy" is a significant error. This is undoubtedly a quote that will haunt him if he wants to follow in his father's footsteps. It won't play well in most areas west of Ottawa........
This was 3 years ago. Oh how he has evolved. Mr. Shiddle Diddle forever. :rotf:
Grey Cup 102. Back to school.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:06 pm

It doesn't seem to be haunting him just now.
Lest We Forget!