Homophobia

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 pm

T-Bone wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:nice try, but there is no discrimination in my belief on this subject. Using an equally offensive word doesnt not make it valid. The word sounds innocent at first glance, but the discription is way off base to every thing I have been saying on this topic. We have come full circle, yet you have not heard me.
I heard you. You don't like being called a homophobe because you are not afriad of homosexuals but you obviously don't understand the definition of discrimination. You're free to believe whatever you want, I believe I can fly but it doesn't make it so. Even Gerry who was defending your right to believe homosexuality is wrong knows that your belief is discriminatory. Just because you don't infringe on others rights (which I'm glad to hear you don't by the way) doesn't mean you are not discriminating.
pure *meadow muffin*.

you clearly have no idea what discriminating means.

if you thnk you do, tell me how I discriminate
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:07 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:pure *meadow muffin*.

you clearly have no idea what discriminating means.

if you thnk you do, tell me how I discriminate
Discrimination: See #2

Al I think this is relevant to the point you made.

User avatar
cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5559
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:58 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Homophobia

Post by cossack » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 am

It's not your fault FYB. I realize that you were born that way and it was not a choice you made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyX ... r_embedded
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:30 pm

cossack wrote:It's not your fault FYB. I realize that you were born that way and it was not a choice you made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyX ... r_embedded
hey, if we cant laugh at ourselves..... :cool:
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:12 am

FootbalYouBet wrote:hey, if we cant laugh at ourselves..... :cool:
There is nothing funny about this statement:
FootbalYouBet wrote:If it were not for my biblical beliefs, I would have no problem with homosexuality, except that I personally would not be interested.
That's probably one of the scariest things I've ever read.

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm

T-Bone wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:hey, if we cant laugh at ourselves..... :cool:
There is nothing funny about this statement:
FootbalYouBet wrote:If it were not for my biblical beliefs, I would have no problem with homosexuality, except that I personally would not be interested.
That's probably one of the scariest things I've ever read.
That's probably one of the scariest things I've ever read.
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:That's probably one of the scariest things I've ever read.
Like I said before you're free to believe what ever you want but at least I can rationalize my belief. What's scary is that you stated if it weren't for the Bible you wouldn't believe homosexuality is wrong. That means you can't rationalize a reason for why it is wrong but because one line in the Bible that you interpret as homosexuality is wrong you believe it. That goes right back to the point Al was making. If you blindly believe homosexuality is wrong then why don't you blindly follow other parts of the Bible? This is where faith gets scary because you can justify pretty much anything with out any rationalization and there a many examples of this threw out history.

User avatar
FootbalYouBet
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7994
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:49 am
Location: TELUS SUCKS COUNTRY

Re: Homophobia

Post by FootbalYouBet » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 pm

T-Bone wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:That's probably one of the scariest things I've ever read.
Like I said before you're free to believe what ever you want but at least I can rationalize my belief. What's scary is that you stated if it weren't for the Bible you wouldn't believe homosexuality is wrong. That means you can't rationalize a reason for why it is wrong but because one line in the Bible that you interpret as homosexuality is wrong you believe it. That goes right back to the point Al was making. If you blindly believe homosexuality is wrong then why don't you blindly follow other parts of the Bible? This is where faith gets scary because you can justify pretty much anything with out any rationalization and there a many examples of this threw out history.
I can indeed rationalize a reason. I beleive that God decides what is right and wrong. If I did not beleive that, then I would beleive that we each decides for ourselves what is right and wrong. Since I do beleive that God decides what is right and wrong, and I do believe that God has decided for whatever reason that it is wrong, then, believing in God as I do, I choose to believe that what God says is wrong, is wrong.

I can also rationalize why God says it is wrong. Gods told us to go forth and multiply. Homosexual lifestyle is counter to this commandment. Its really not that hard to rationalize.

In the beginning, incest was not taboo. Then God eventually told us it was no longer allowed. He didnt tell us why, but that didnt stop us from finding our own reasons, which may or may not be Gods.

As for discrimination, I have never treated any homosexual person different in any way. I have had good friends who were gay. I have never denied anyone anything on the basis of their sexual orientation, just as I have never denied anyone anything on the basis of knowing they have committed adultery, or any other sin.

As for the rest of the bible, if you care to bring up any specific example in another thread, then I will try to enlighten you about it.
Don't confuse me with facts

User avatar
prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 5022
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders
Location: Vancouver

Re: Homophobia

Post by prairiedog » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:32 pm

FootbalYouBet wrote:I can also rationalize why God says it is wrong. Gods told us to go forth and multiply. Homosexual lifestyle is counter to this commandment. Its really not that hard to rationalize.
Ok, so two men having sex does not bear a child, so therefore it is counter to this commandment. Sitting on the couch with a beer and watching football ALSO does not bear a child so therefore ALSO is counter to this commandment.

Ok so then the next logical argument may be that exclusive homosexuality is counter to this commandment - that is to say sex between same sex only and excluding hetero sex - so as long as you keep up your quota of heterosexual activity, bisexuality is just fine, no? And then celibacy is therefore ALSO counter to this commandment. Also, all the poor geeky folks who can't get a date are also counter to this commandment.

I'm not being facetious here.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

User avatar
T-Bone
Prospect
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 am
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Homophobia

Post by T-Bone » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:07 am

prairiedog wrote:
FootbalYouBet wrote:I can also rationalize why God says it is wrong. Gods told us to go forth and multiply. Homosexual lifestyle is counter to this commandment. Its really not that hard to rationalize.
Ok, so two men having sex does not bear a child, so therefore it is counter to this commandment. Sitting on the couch with a beer and watching football ALSO does not bear a child so therefore ALSO is counter to this commandment.

Ok so then the next logical argument may be that exclusive homosexuality is counter to this commandment - that is to say sex between same sex only and excluding hetero sex - so as long as you keep up your quota of heterosexual activity, bisexuality is just fine, no? And then celibacy is therefore ALSO counter to this commandment. Also, all the poor geeky folks who can't get a date are also counter to this commandment.

I'm not being facetious here.
There is nothing facetious about your argument. It is logical reasoning and it is why FootbalYouBet can't responded to it directly. His only argument is "Because God said so." And he keeps repeating it over and over again. Some more logic. If someone believes in God then God gave them free will to make their own decisions, doesn't that make God a bit of a hypocrite? He says "Make up your own mind but here is right and wrong and don't deviate from it." Whether you want to believe it or not this is reality:
FootbalYouBet wrote:we each decides for ourselves what is right and wrong.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest