History in the making

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

jaxon
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: History in the making

Post by jaxon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:48 am

Today's the day for our friends south of the border.

I tend to be a free market advocate, and in general, I believe in smaller rather than larger government.

I am, however, hoping for Obama in this contest. America needs a change at the top. The republicans have grown stale in office, and have not managed the country well. Too much money spent, and not enough brought in. I am soundly against deficits, and they haven't done the job on this front.

Which ever way it goes, I sincerely hope that it is a significant win. The new leader needs a decent mandate. Sometimes strong leadership is more important than actual policy. With the current economic crisis, America needs strong leadership with a strong mandate in order to improve the mood of the country.
Manitoba Bison
2007 Vanier Cup Champions!

Terencius1
All Star
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by Terencius1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 pm

It's over, congrats to President Barack Hussien Obama!

WHOO HOOO!

Winston was right, Eventually, the Americans will do the right thing.

Congrats to American people, for making a couragous choice for President, Mind you, they couldn't do anyworse than George W Bush.

Lionsfan73
All Star

Post by Lionsfan73 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:21 am

WHOOOOO HOOOOO is right!

amcflfan
Prospect

Post by amcflfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 am

Truly a sad day in my country's history! The Pied Piper has stolen the election (look up ACORN) And now the usual tax&spend liberals control the whole ball of wax! Luckily i didn't vote for either one so i can hold my head up as we sink even further into despair the next four years :smackhead: :? :cross:

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:28 am

amcflfan wrote:Truly a sad day in my country's history! The Pied Piper has stolen the election (look up ACORN) And now the usual tax&spend liberals control the whole ball of wax! Luckily i didn't vote for either one so i can hold my head up as we sink even further into despair the next four years :smackhead: :? :cross:
Actually, it would not be a stretch to suggest that every election in recent history has been stolen :

The American people keep electing new Presidents who seemingly promise faithfully to put a stop to extravagant government spending, douse inflation, put the economy on an even keel, reverse the trend which is turning the country into a moral sewer, and toss the criminals into the crow-bar hotel, where they belong. Yet despite high hopes and glittering campaign promises, these problems continue to worsen no matter who is in office. Each new administration, whether it be Republican or Democrat continues the same basic policies of the previous administration which it had so thoroughly denounced during the election campaign. It is considered poor form to
mention this, but it is true nonetheless. Is there a plausible reason to explain why this happens?

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said : "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." He was in a good position to know.

People must be compelled to believe that many of the major world events that are shaping our destinies occur because somebody or somebodies have planned them that way. If we were merely dealing with the law of averages, half of the events affecting the nation's well-being should be good for America. If we were dealing with mere incompetence, America's leaders should occasionally make a mistake in favour of the American people. It must be understood that we are not really dealing with coincidence or stupidity, but with planning and brilliance.

When you think about it, there are really only two theories of history. Either things happen by accident, neither planned nor caused by anybody, or they happen because they are planned and somebody causes them to happen. In reality, it is the accidental theory of history preached in the unhallowed Halls of Ivy which should be ridiculed. Otherwise, why does every recent administration make the same mistakes as the previous ones ? Why do they repeat the "errors" of the past which produce inflation, depressions/recessions, and war? Why does the State Department stumble from one blunder to another ?

Make no mistake, the two parties matter little, the two candidates matter little, the Electoral College matters little...Simply because it is the ruling class of this planet, not the working class American voter, who holds the ultimate influence, and it has been planned that way for a long, long time.

Source : Gary Allen
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

amcflfan
Prospect

Post by amcflfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:35 pm

AGENT-784 wrote:
amcflfan wrote:Truly a sad day in my country's history! The Pied Piper has stolen the election (look up ACORN) And now the usual tax&spend liberals control the whole ball of wax! Luckily i didn't vote for either one so i can hold my head up as we sink even further into despair the next four years :smackhead: :? :cross:
Actually, it would not be a stretch to suggest that every election in recent history has been stolen :

The American people keep electing new Presidents who seemingly promise faithfully to put a stop to extravagant government spending, douse inflation, put the economy on an even keel, reverse the trend which is turning the country into a moral sewer, and toss the criminals into the crow-bar hotel, where they belong. Yet despite high hopes and glittering campaign promises, these problems continue to worsen no matter who is in office. Each new administration, whether it be Republican or Democrat continues the same basic policies of the previous administration which it had so thoroughly denounced during the election campaign. It is considered poor form to
mention this, but it is true nonetheless. Is there a plausible reason to explain why this happens?

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said : "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." He was in a good position to know.

People must be compelled to believe that many of the major world events that are shaping our destinies occur because somebody or somebodies have planned them that way. If we were merely dealing with the law of averages, half of the events affecting the nation's well-being should be good for America. If we were dealing with mere incompetence, America's leaders should occasionally make a mistake in favour of the American people. It must be understood that we are not really dealing with coincidence or stupidity, but with planning and brilliance.

When you think about it, there are really only two theories of history. Either things happen by accident, neither planned nor caused by anybody, or they happen because they are planned and somebody causes them to happen. In reality, it is the accidental theory of history preached in the unhallowed Halls of Ivy which should be ridiculed. Otherwise, why does every recent administration make the same mistakes as the previous ones ? Why do they repeat the "errors" of the past which produce inflation, depressions/recessions, and war? Why does the State Department stumble from one blunder to another ?

Make no mistake, the two parties matter little, the two candidates matter little, the Electoral College matters little...Simply because it is the ruling class of this planet, not the working class American voter, who holds the ultimate influence, and it has been planned that way for a long, long time.

Source : Gary Allen

I've always known that, but to actually see it in writing and have it confirmed? I guess I just didn't want to believe....now i'm TRULY depressed! :(