History in the making

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Terencius1
All Star
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

History in the making

Post by Terencius1 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Oboma-Biden lead the democratic ticket.

The first african -american candidate to lead a major party. (ie Republicans or Democrats) into an election.

Well Done, and congratulations.

I particularly like his reference to Bin laden and the "people who actually attacked us". rather, than wasting the American military in Iraq.

on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther Kings, famous, "I have dream speech" that dream just might come through, come November.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Re: History in the making

Post by Inquiring Mind » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm

It was a tremendous speech, I don't know about everyone else, but watching it I had this weird feeling of something truly historic happening, something I've only felt on one or two other occasions during my 28 years.

I hope he wins... but after reading some of the exit polls from the primaries concerning race, I'm not sure the U.S. is ready for a black president when it comes right down to marking his name on the ballot.

Here's hoping I'm wrong... the U.S. is in dire need of someone like him
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:14 am

If the MLK speech was truly coming true. We would not be mentioning the colour of his skin or being the first of anything ... and we'd only be judging him by his policies and his character.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:27 am

Ron wrote:If the MLK speech was truly coming true. We would not be mentioning the colour of his skin or being the first of anything ... and we'd only be judging him by his policies and his character.
Now THAT is a profound statement.

Anyone else notice the names in the news lately... "Osama Bin Laden" ...terrorist "Obama-Biden" ...presidency ticket.

Who would have thought of that just post 911?
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

tuck
Superstar

Post by tuck » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

woody wrote:
Ron wrote:If the MLK speech was truly coming true. We would not be mentioning the colour of his skin or being the first of anything ... and we'd only be judging him by his policies and his character.

Anyone else notice the names in the news lately... "Osama Bin Laden" ...terrorist "Obama-Biden" ...presidency ticket.

That is a remarkable point and rather eerie! Even more incredible when you think that Obama's middle name is Hussain! Throw in a first name that rhymes with Iraq.

My question is, does that show that the Big Boss has a sense of humour or is He trying to forewarn American voters?

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:10 pm

tuck wrote:
woody wrote:

That is a remarkable point and rather eerie! Even more incredible when you think that Obama's middle name is Hussain! Throw in a first name that rhymes with Iraq.

My question is, does that show that the Big Boss has a sense of humour or is He trying to forewarn American voters?
I think if the Big Boss actually gave a crap, he would have forewarned American voters 8 years ago. :wink:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

cossack wrote:I think if the Big Boss actually gave a crap, he would have forewarned American voters 8 years ago. :wink:
And Canadian ones 40 years ago. :wink:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

tuck
Superstar

Post by tuck » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Solar Max wrote:
cossack wrote:I think if the Big Boss actually gave a crap, he would have forewarned American voters 8 years ago. :wink:
:clap: :rotf:

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

tuck wrote:
Solar Max wrote:
:clap: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :beer:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 am

If crumbling schools weren't proof enough of the rampant anti-intellectualism in the U.S. this ought to seal it... the GOP is running with a guy who finished at the bottom of him class and a girl who couldn't even find it... and winning
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

B-17
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by B-17 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Back to the historic point, though. Although Palin may not truly be qualified to be a vice president, come November, either an African American will be president, or a woman will be vice president.
Black holes are where God divided by 0.
- Stephen Wright

crburrows
Starter

Post by crburrows » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:00 pm

B-17 wrote:Back to the historic point, though. Although Palin may not truly be qualified to be a vice president, come November, either an African American will be president, or a woman will be vice president.
It's also possible that they could end up electing Obama and Palin.

If the Electoral College is 269 - 269, the election for the Presidency goes to the House (on a state-by-state vote) and the election for the Vice President goes to the Senate.

I can't remember if it's the new congress that votes or the old (I think it's the new).

Unlikely, but would be a hell of a thing!

jaxon
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by jaxon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:52 pm

crburrows wrote:
B-17 wrote:Back to the historic point, though. Although Palin may not truly be qualified to be a vice president, come November, either an African American will be president, or a woman will be vice president.
It's also possible that they could end up electing Obama and Palin.

If the Electoral College is 269 - 269, the election for the Presidency goes to the House (on a state-by-state vote) and the election for the Vice President goes to the Senate.

I can't remember if it's the new congress that votes or the old (I think it's the new).

Unlikely, but would be a hell of a thing!
I'll bet that you could get some very good odds from your bookie if you wanted to wager on that outcome. :yahoo:

It would be cool to see though.......
Manitoba Bison
2007 Vanier Cup Champions!

Hoof
All Star
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by Hoof » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:30 pm

All they are missing are the brown shirts....and guns....for now.

Does this not conjure up images of Winnie Mandela's 'soccer team'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtGr1JFCnE

..or check out the brainwashed Obama tykes in this vid because, apparently, even the little kids aren't safe from Mommy and Daddy's selfish and self serving liberal democrat political ideology. I consider this child abuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWt7hOYYLY&NR=1

Let the kids be kids for once, dammit! Why have these baby faces been recruited to fight their parents political war, anyway? Why don't these parents just form their own glee club, to sing the praises of Obama, and leave their little kids out of it? You know, instead of getting their wee sweet chilluns to do their dirty work for them?

Hoof
Last edited by Hoof on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
GO TURD!!

Gerry
Champion

Post by Gerry » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Hoof wrote:All they are missing are the brown shirts....and guns....for now.

Does this not conjure up images of Winnie Mandela's 'soccer team'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtGr1JFCnE

..or check out the brainwashed Obama tykes in this vid because, apparently, even the little kids aren't safe from Mommy and Daddy's selfish and self serving liberal democrat political ideology. I consider this child abuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWt7hOYYLY&NR=1

Let the kids be kids for once, dammit! Why have these baby faces been recruited to fight their parents political war, anyway? Why don't these parents just form their own glee club, to sing the praises of Obama, and leave their little kids out of it? You know, instead of getting their wee sweet chilluns to do their dirty work for them?
Hoof
I was discussing Obama with my son and daughter-in-law just a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that the whole euphoria surrounding him seemed a bit dangerous to me. There's just an aura of cultishness as far as he's concerned.

Mind you, I've seen video of Walmart employees starting their day, or Japanese factory workers, and I think the same thing.