Why I say Harper is Canadian's Nixon and should go

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Why I say Harper is Canadian's Nixon and should go

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:21 am

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-162729

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/F ... 02908.html

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/F ... 02900.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... adiannixon

And I was asked what Steven Harper has done that is illegal? What bout that email they intercepted from the NDP, while it was the NDPs mistake, that was just dirty that they used that. His attacks ageist Election Canada is reminiscent of McCain/Palin's attacks ageist ACORN. Illegal, no, troubling, yes.

However, I do find the statement that making the senate equal is under democratic as untrue, as the House of Commons is set by population and would likely remain the most predominate house.

I don’t like how they attacked Harper for wanting to reform the Senate, and I somewhat agree with him if he is thinking of using the Australian senate as an example (as while over expanded, it does have an equal number of seats per state.) But I still think that one of his intensions is to eliminate it, and that’s wrong, and if you are in doubt he said that, have a look at this…

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/09/ ... ml?ref=rss
Canadians understand that our Senate, as it stands today, must either change or — like the old upper houses of our provinces — vanish.
As I believe that the senate holds the key to making Canada more unified, I find such statements dangerous.

Now these news articles do have a left bias, but I do believe that thought the bias, they made very valid points that imo, should warrant Harper's dismissal as PM of Canada.

Now does that mean that the Tories shouldn’t continue to run the government and have one of them be PM? No, absolutely not. In fact, I would be very happy with the Tory party continuing in power with a PM that is more moderate that Harper, such as a member from the former PC party that can lead the parliament and Canada though these hard economic times, who knows that the party only has a minority mandate and will work, not fight the opposition that could topple him or her. If that were to happen, I believe it would be even more beneficial to the Tory party, which by 2011 could have a majority government that will likely be even bigger than under Harper. So really it’s for the better, not the worse that Harper goes as PM. Maybe I am just bias, as I miss the old PC party, but I do know moderates are more popular than radical neo conservatives.

In any case, it seems to me no matter how you see it, the Liberals and the NDP are bound for a merger, cuz I don’t see either of them gaining but losing seats come the next election, but if history is any indicator of what’s to come, we could see a new left party like the current conservative party rise from the ashes.

Anyway, this is my two cents on why Harper (not the Tory party) should go. I think the links can speak for themselves, and dont need any more addisional dialogue for me.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Re: Why I say Harper is Canadian's Nixon and should go

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 am

And forgive me if my memory is a little off, but where was Harper when the Grey Cup was on? I cant remember if he was there in Winnipeg or Toronto, and I'm sure he wasnt there in Montreal. I know Martin did the coin toss in Vancouver (to the crownd giving him a much deserved booing) and at least sent a video message while on on overseas trip when the Grey Cup was in Ottawa. It would be nice if he showed a bit more interest in the CFL, and made an apperence at the next Grey Cup in Calgary, maybe even do the coin toss, no matter if he is prime minister or not.

At this time with the NFL knocking on Canada's door with Bill's games in Toronto, I show of support by him and parliment would be a nice and welcomed.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am

One-sided partisan garbage - you expect your position to be taken seriously with that nonsense??

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 pm

Lerriuqs wrote:One-sided partisan garbage - you expect your position to be taken seriously with that nonsense??
It isnt up to me bout who takes me seriously, I just believe what I believe (which I stated isnt everything in these articles as I pointed out) and use it to rationaise out my opinion, which i think you will find as fairly reasonable than most political opinions from any side, but if you think thats rubbish, then all i hav to say is good night and good luck.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Pretty much everything politicians do is illegal. They lie all the time. If you get all worked up about it and tie yourself in knots, it won't turn politicians into saints. It will only bring you stress. Your choice is to be calm and pick your way through a tangled web of lies and treachery, or be stressed out and trap yourself in a web of lies and treachery.

You don't need other people to make you happy. Only you can make yourself happy. :)
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:11 pm

prairiedog wrote:Pretty much everything politicians do is illegal. They lie all the time. If you get all worked up about it and tie yourself in knots, it won't turn politicians into saints. It will only bring you stress. Your choice is to be calm and pick your way through a tangled web of lies and treachery, or be stressed out and trap yourself in a web of lies and treachery.

You don't need other people to make you happy. Only you can make yourself happy. :)
agreed, but dont worry, I dont get stressed out by this, i know that for better or wrose if harper stays, what he does will be reversed by the next PM if they arent a tory, or if it works, they will kept it, but i hav a feeling that he will be gone soon.

"To thy self be true" and I hav been honest, and about as unbias as I can be. Believe what you like, thats what I do, and why I dont believe everything people tell me, but fid out for myself. I dont just read The Canadian, i look at other news artickes too. As an historian I hav to look at alot of marterial, and determine for myself what is relable, so i;m good at it.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:33 am

I guess we'll see how long Harper survives. Iggy hasn't made any gaffs so far as the new Liberal leader and there doesn't seem to be the anxiety around him that there was with Dion. Harper will probably survive the budget if it looks reasonable but if the Libs start to gain strength which I sense we are beginning to see, it won't take too many more Harperesque type moves to spur the opposition into action. He seems to have the unerring ability to put his foot in it at regular intervals. If he continues that trend, he won't be long for the political world. Out of curiosity, who would be a likely Harper replacement if he were to get tossed by the party as leader?
Lest We Forget!

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:43 am

Sir Purrcival wrote:I guess we'll see how long Harper survives. Iggy hasn't made any gaffs so far as the new Liberal leader and there doesn't seem to be the anxiety around him that there was with Dion. Harper will probably survive the budget if it looks reasonable but if the Libs start to gain strength which I sense we are beginning to see, it won't take too many more Harperesque type moves to spur the opposition into action. He seems to have the unerring ability to put his foot in it at regular intervals. If he continues that trend, he won't be long for the political world. Out of curiosity, who would be a likely Harper replacement if he were to get tossed by the party as leader?
my vote would hav been for the last leader of the PC party before it meagered with the Alliance, he is still in parliment, and is foreign minister I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_MacKay
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

pik
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by pik » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 pm

If any politicion told us the truth ,we would throw him out, and we have nobody but ourselves to blame. Harper is not the greatest at showing emotion, but that is not what I want in a leader. I have shook my head a few times at him, but I still think he is the man we need right now.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 pm

pik wrote:If any politicion told us the truth ,we would throw him out, and we have nobody but ourselves to blame. Harper is not the greatest at showing emotion, but that is not what I want in a leader. I have shook my head a few times at him, but I still think he is the man we need right now.
no way, what you need is either a gordan brown, an Obama, or hell cuz he is democratic, a hugo chavez.

basically we needs the liberals running the economy with Layton as a firgure head PM, we need a coalition.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 pm

Go ahead, keep bickering over which criminal should be screwing you. They'll just laugh while they keep screwing you.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

pik
Playground Scrub

Post by pik » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:
pik wrote:If any politicion told us the truth ,we would throw him out, and we have nobody but ourselves to blame. Harper is not the greatest at showing emotion, but that is not what I want in a leader. I have shook my head a few times at him, but I still think he is the man we need right now.
no way, what you need is either a gordan brown, an Obama, or hell cuz he is democratic, a hugo chavez.

basically we needs the liberals running the economy with Layton as a firgure head PM, we need a coalition.
Brown you have to be kidding me. Hugo is destroying his country and the people are going to pay dearly for hugo bull. Layton is the biggest joke ever to lead the NDP, I have to wonder how they have not thrown him out on the street. Jack was so horny for power ,that he blew his only chance by not voting with harper on the bill with campaign finacing, he could have took out the liberals and had 2nd spot for himself.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

pik wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:

Brown you have to be kidding me. Hugo is destroying his country and the people are going to pay dearly for hugo bull. Layton is the biggest joke ever to lead the NDP, I have to wonder how they have not thrown him out on the street. Jack was so horny for power ,that he blew his only chance by not voting with harper on the bill with campaign finacing, he could have took out the liberals and had 2nd spot for himself.
my god mate, where hav you been? Hugo has the GDP of Venesurala on the rise, oil is up, and its a much better place to live now, even better than the usa.

Layton tock the NDP which was only pulling single digit seats in parliment or at most 11, and turned the party around, winning their secord biggest gain in its history, and coming close to forming a goverment with the liberals. Now he has disappointed me when he abandoned the coalition, but he is still a good leader, would make a better PM than say Dion, but dont know bout the new russian guy.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

pik
Playground Scrub

Post by pik » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:18 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:
pik wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:

my god mate, where hav you been? Hugo has the GDP of Venesurala on the rise, oil is up, and its a much better place to live now, even better than the usa.

Layton tock the NDP which was only pulling single digit seats in parliment or at most 11, and turned the party around, winning their secord biggest gain in its history, and coming close to forming a goverment with the liberals. Now he has disappointed me when he abandoned the coalition, but he is still a good leader, would make a better PM than say Dion, but dont know bout the new russian guy.
All optics my friend,hugo is throwing money around to win elections,this is going to catch up with him and his people are going to pay in the end. Hugo is only as good when the price of oil is up, and if it stays down even longer,the poop is going to hit the fan. And jack layton is no better ,when it comes to making promised that he knows he will never have to produce ,because the man will never be PM. The NDP of today is full of leftwing crack pots,that have no understanding of reality, it is not the party of broadbent where he had little support from all sectors of people.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:15 am

pik wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:
pik wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:

All optics my friend,hugo is throwing money around to win elections,this is going to catch up with him and his people are going to pay in the end. Hugo is only as good when the price of oil is up, and if it stays down even longer,the poop is going to hit the fan. And jack layton is no better ,when it comes to making promised that he knows he will never have to produce ,because the man will never be PM. The NDP of today is full of leftwing crack pots,that have no understanding of reality, it is not the party of broadbent where he had little support from all sectors of people.
well Hugo has shonw that democratic socalism works, and I bet he would be sicessful anywhere, he has done bloddy well.

Layton sadly will never be PM, cuz the NDP isnt popular and a thrid party, hence why the liberals and NDP should meage to create a new powerful left froce in canadaian politics, even then layton will be out, Bob Rae has a better shot. NDP does hav a very left wing arm bout so does every labour party in the world.

so omeday canada will hav a Labour party (liberals puls NDP plus Greens Plues Mawjiwana) and it will be unstoppable.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?