Obama's Iraq strategy turns out as expected ...

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Obama's Iraq strategy turns out as expected ...

Post by Ron » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:19 pm

He'll do exactly what Bush was going to do. Same timetables and numbers.

Funny how things always change once the elected guy sits in the big chair and sees what is really going on.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Obama's Iraq strategy turns out as expected ...

Post by prairiedog » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:29 pm

his entire campaign was one word: CHANGE.

Except he never actually gave much detail to what the change would actually be.

I guess he was referring to his skin color. that's all it takes to dupe us into thinking there is change. there is no change. Just another politician who's strings are pulled by the same folks who pulled the one before.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

AGENT-784
All Star

Post by AGENT-784 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Should anyone be surprised ??

Obama was aware of what was going on, long before he sat in the "big" chair for the first time.

People need to understand American foreign aid, and the country which receives the most. Only then will people realize how American foreign policy works, regardless of who occupies the White House.

For the years from 2001 through 2006, the total value of aid given to Israel by the American administration was 16.762 billion dollars.

4.772 billion dollars for "economic" aid.
11.990 billion dollars for "military" aid, more accurately : armaments.

Follow the money...Israel can hardly be defined as a "developing" country...not in the true sense, of course.

Does it not seem obvious that, in this equation, foreign aid is a complete fraud that is being pulled upon the American people.

Source : Federation of American Scientists.
Technology is the branch of knowledge which turns irreplaceable natural things into disposable dead things.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:56 pm

as I understand it though, Bush didnt hav an exit stratagy, and Mccain was going to keep troops there indefeinaly like the british empire with India.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

cunninglinguist
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by cunninglinguist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:52 am

I'll give the guy some more time to analyze the situation, it's not like he can walk in, take the big chair and say "bring the troops home now"... completed Chaos.

I've often wondered what would happen if the American people got fed up enough with all the international bashing that they decided to completely internalize... pull all their troops, stop giving foreign aid, etc... who would be complaining then.

Proviso - I did not support the Bush administration, nor the War on Terror, so don't suppose that is what my comments imply
As LL Cool J once said "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years"

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

well except for foreign aid, from 1919 to bout 1940 they did just that, and we almost ended up being all Nazis.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Kanga-Kucha wrote:well except for foreign aid, from 1919 to bout 1940 they did just that, and we almost ended up being all Nazis.
That's sort of true. They were a much more isolationist country between the two world wars, and the U.S. decided not to join the League of Nations (the previous version of the United Nations).
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

pik
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by pik » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Lets not forget that americans including kennedy's and bushes supported hitler at the 1st. Thought he was a great guy.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:20 am

pik wrote:Lets not forget that americans including kennedy's and bushes supported hitler at the 1st. Thought he was a great guy.
so did alot of top people, lord halifax and sir oswald mosley for examples.

too bad Hilter was born in Austria, and not Australia, cuz if he was, his frist name would likly hav been "Bruce" and any thoughts of creating a master race wouldnt hav made it past a local pub. :rotf: :beer:
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?