Oooh those Conservative MP's

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Oooh those Conservative MP's

Post by Ron » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:02 pm

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/ ... 28796.html

Mommy: "Stop doing that Stevie. That's not acceptable anymore."

Conservative MP: "But Iggy and Giles used to do that and you didn't care."

Mommy: "That was then. You know things are different now and I let you kids get away with too much. You just have to grow up. "

Conservative MP: "But I don't wanna! I hate you, I hate you."
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Re: Oooh those Conservative MP's

Post by Sir Purrcival » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 am

Gee, not being able to beak off about other MP's during member's statements. What a nice idea.

The C's have made the personal attack an art form in the last few years. I hope that the speaker rules with an Iron fist on all parties but the Conservatives are the worst offenders in regards to this at present. Too bad it can't extend to the deplorable advertising that graces our TV screens every so often.
Lest We Forget!

pik
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Ottawa

Post by pik » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 am

Oh boo hoo. Thank god for it ,or we could be stuck with dion right now, and his green tax, right at a time of economic mess. The libs seem afraid for the country to learn about their new leader. Get ready to find out some real intetresting stuff about iggy.

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 pm

pik wrote:Oh boo hoo. Thank god for it ,or we could be stuck with dion right now, and his green tax, right at a time of economic mess. The libs seem afraid for the country to learn about their new leader. Get ready to find out some real intetresting stuff about iggy.
Could the Liberals really be worse then our economist PM who apparently couldn't even see when this mess arrived much less was forming, and Dim Jim as finance minister.

As someone once quipped to me... "I lean so far to the right politically that I sometimes walk in circles……but Jim Flaherty is an absolute moron. Why this guy has anything to do other than perhaps be the “minister in charge of paperclips” is totally beyond me."

:lol:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

pik
Playground Scrub

Post by pik » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:
pik wrote:Oh boo hoo. Thank god for it ,or we could be stuck with dion right now, and his green tax, right at a time of economic mess. The libs seem afraid for the country to learn about their new leader. Get ready to find out some real intetresting stuff about iggy.
Could the Liberals really be worse then our economist PM who apparently couldn't even see when this mess arrived much less was forming, and Dim Jim as finance minister.

As someone once quipped to me... "I lean so far to the right politically that I sometimes walk in circles……but Jim Flaherty is an absolute moron. Why this guy has anything to do other than perhaps be the “minister in charge of paperclips” is totally beyond me."

Nobody seen it coming, and I am glad they did not panic at that time and waited to see what was going to unfold . Every leader missed the boat ,because we have never seen this before. But lets say the libs had won the elction. So add 5 billion for the kelowna accord, how many billions would we have spent already for chretien kyoto mistake (why do chretien and strong do business in china?) add dions carbon tax, lets not for 5 or so billion for daycare, add that up and we have a country that is in major trouble instread of being the strongest in the world. I will give chretien and martin credit for not bowing to the banks years back ,when they want to merge and get agressive like other banks. But what burns me is how liberals cry about harper not being warm and fuzzy, well we put up with 13 years of chretien and he was neither warm and fuzzy. So quit your whinning about harper being mean. I don't ever remember harper grabbing a canadian citizen by the throat or giving epole the finger.

pik
Playground Scrub

Post by pik » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:

Nobody seen it coming, and I am glad they did not panic at that time and waited to see what was going to unfold . Every leader missed the boat ,because we have never seen this before. But lets say the libs had won the elction. So add 5 billion for the kelowna accord, how many billions would we have spent already for chretien kyoto mistake (why do chretien and strong do business in china?) add dions carbon tax, lets not for 5 or so billion for daycare, add that up and we have a country that is in major trouble instread of being the strongest in the world. I will give chretien and martin credit for not bowing to the banks years back ,when they want to merge and get agressive like other banks. But what burns me is how liberals cry about harper not being warm and fuzzy, well we put up with 13 years of chretien and he was neither warm and fuzzy. So quit your whinning about harper being mean. I don't ever remember harper grabbing a canadian citizen by the throat or giving epole the finger.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:19 pm

whatever mess the blue tories create will be reversed ten flod once the Left comes back into power, either by Liberal Majority/Minority, or by :cross: a Labour coalition (Liberal-NDP-Green-Marijiwana(votes)) with Bloc support. :canada:

keep digging a big hole Harper, sonner or latter your party will be doing this :flag:

Canada is a center left country, and will not take this USA republican party far rigght wing stuff lighlty.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

pik
Playground Scrub

Post by pik » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm

The left has destroy a great country. We were at one time a strong proud hardworking country, now we are a nanny state. This country is filled with whinners now, people that have no idea how to look after themselves or even care if they have jobs or respect for themselves. It seems my whole life on this planet has been nothing but paying off trudeau's debt.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 pm

pik wrote:The left has destroy a great country. We were at one time a strong proud hardworking country, now we are a nanny state. This country is filled with whinners now, people that have no idea how to look after themselves or even care if they have jobs or respect for themselves. It seems my whole life on this planet has been nothing but paying off trudeau's debt.
you forget that during that time there was the Liberals and Progessive Consevatives (aka Red trories), which both worked to make Canada what it is, and imo, its better than the south.

Better times with the Progessive Consevatives, no more...
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Nobody seen it coming
Not true. And especially not true for a finance Minister. He knew the numbers when the election was on.

They did convince the masses that they did not see it coming and you can't blame them for lying (by omission) and counting on the gullibility of those who do not follow finance (States enters worst recession ever and during the election Harper says he's already planned for it not to hurt Canada ... ya right) during an election campaign.

That all said. I wonder of we'll ever see the day where MP's will not act like punks in the House. Hey Tuck ... can you explain (since you work with them) how these intelligent people become such teenage asses in there and not act like adults?
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Gerry
Champion

Post by Gerry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 am

Conservative MPs??

You mean MPs, period, don't you? It's unfortunate that they all act like children sometimes. It'd be nice if we took note of the worst offenders, regardless of their party, and made our judgement known at election time, or better yet at nomination time.

We all seem to prefer our own brand of buffoon over someone else's. Yet we still must recognize that most of our elected members work hard to do a difficult job according to their conscience.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 am

Yes, I do mean them all. It was just the C's doing it this time.

I mostly agree with you Gerry. They are hard workers and do good ... but for some reason they take a pre-school attitude into the House. Must be some stupid childish tradition or something. But I am sure it's a big reason people are turned off of politics.

I disagree a bit on the conscience part. Most of them are told how to vote (or they get kicked out of the club) and they many times I am sure have to work against their conscience to function.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:39 pm

http://www.democraticreform.gc.ca/index ... page=senat

and the tories are ever so slowly refroming the senat...

here is an idea Harper, why dont you just take the power ypu hav of chosing the senators, and give it to the provinces outright? that will be one thing off most of our senat refroming adengas.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?