Harper bans Galloway

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Harper bans Galloway

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 pm

George Galloway, a British member of Parliament, has been banned from Canada on security grounds, the country's immigration service has confirmed. British media reported the decision was due to his views on Afghanistan and the presence of Canadian troops there. Mr Galloway had been due to speak at a public forum, Resisting War from Gaza to Kandahar, in Toronto on 30 March.

"This has further vindicated the anti-war movement's contention that unjust wars abroad will end up consuming the very liberties that make us who we are," Mr. Galloway said.

"All right-thinking Canadians, whether they agree with me or not, will oppose this outrageous decision."

http://petitiononline.com/galcan09/petition.html

If any of you have the courage to stand up against minority MP Harper and his unelected Kenny please sign the petition to bring Galloway to Canada, sign and show Harper were he can take his facist tory banning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Gal ... _in_Canada
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: Harper bans Galloway

Post by Ron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:30 am

We have the right ... we have the liberty ... to not let that twerp into the Country.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 am

Ron wrote:We have the right ... we have the liberty ... to not let that twerp into the Country.

Oh c'mon Ron, what the heck is he going to do? He'll make some anti war speech and then leave, preventing that simple action is a bit extreme dont you think?

and the precedent it sets is alaming, for example they could ban me easy.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 am

Looks like a nutbar - nothing is lost by not allowing him to speak...

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Kanga-Kucha wrote:
Ron wrote:We have the right ... we have the liberty ... to not let that twerp into the Country.

Oh c'mon Ron, what the heck is he going to do? He'll make some anti war speech and then leave, preventing that simple action is a bit extreme dont you think?

and the precedent it sets is alaming, for example they could ban me easy.
The precedent being set is that nobody has the right to come to Canada if Canada doesn't want them to. Let him make his appearance fee cash somewhere else.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

ETMRaw
All Star

Post by ETMRaw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 pm

But the United States of America is letting him into THEIR country for a few speaking gigs....I guess they arent as insecure as us.
There are no stupid questions. Only funny ones.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:27 pm

For **** sake guys, what ever happened to free speech in Canada?

dont you think he mite hav a point or two, or are you just scared of him? why are you scared or what forieners hav to say?

that's why Canada will never again be a world power.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm

When did we elect Nixon?
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Kanga-Kucha wrote:that's why Canada will never again be a world power.
Never again? When was Canada a world power in the first place?
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:26 pm

ETMRaw wrote:
But the United States of America is letting him into THEIR country for a few speaking gigs....I guess they arent as insecure as us.
Geez. Not another dude who wants us to be like the USA. I prefer Canada makes it own choices and not look to the south for how to behave.

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:42 pm

argolio wrote:
Kanga-Kucha wrote:that's why Canada will never again be a world power.
Never again? When was Canada a world power in the first place?
no disrespect, but I say hurtful things when I;m POed.

Canada was during and after WW2, as it had the 4th biggest milltary in the world which it voluntary gave up, but that doesnt mean it wasnt a world power, or could hav been a major world leader.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:43 pm

argolio wrote:When did we elect Nixon?
evendently in 2006, and agian reelected last year.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Ron wrote:
ETMRaw wrote:
Geez. Not another dude who wants us to be like the USA. I prefer Canada makes it own choices and not look to the south for how to behave.
so Canada should not allow forieners to come and speck cuz they hav a bad rep? C'mon Ron that should never be the canadian way.
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 am

Kanga-Kucha wrote:
Ron wrote:
ETMRaw wrote:
so Canada should not allow forieners to come and speck cuz they hav a bad rep? C'mon Ron that should never be the canadian way.
No. I'm saying the Canada has the right to decide who they let in. The foreigner can't just decide what he wants to do and Canada has to obey.

All these guys scream free speech ... but want to deny Canada the free right to decide.

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:56 pm

I'm all for not allowing foreigners in unless they can spell. :tease:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!