Ten Commandments? Suggestions?

Nothing seems to rile up the masses more than these two topics. As a result you can only talk about either in here. this forum will not be moderated, however if it gets really ugly you can report a post

Moderator: Referees

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Ten Commandments? Suggestions?

Post by Ron » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 pm

I wanna talk to you today about the 10 Commandments, and I'll keep this short, 'cause I've got a tee-time at noon. Actually there were more than Ten Commandments, but Moses was old and grumpy, and after he broke the tablets he could only remember the negative ones. "Don't do this. Don't do that." The truth is, most of them were more like advice. The Twelfth Commandment, for example, was "Whistle while you work." (People think it's from Disney, but Disney stole it from God.)

Personally, I like to think of them as the "Ten Suggestions", because God, well, he didn't use the word "Absolutely" in any of them.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Cool
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Ten Commandments? Suggestions?

Post by Cool » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:34 pm

It is a Commandment though...

Hymie
All Star

Post by Hymie » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Actually, there were originally 15 Commandments.

The 15 Commandments
The CFL is alive and well
We don't need the NFL

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by wildthing1971 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 am

what I find interesting about the commandments is they are the fundamental basis for Christianity, but no where in said commandments do you see men shall not marry men, or you cannot have premartial sex, or condoms or bad. But yet the Pope keeps conding all of these.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 pm

wildthing1971 wrote:what I find interesting about the commandments is they are the fundamental basis for Christianity, but no where in said commandments do you see men shall not marry men, or you cannot have premartial sex, or condoms or bad. But yet the Pope keeps conding all of these.
The commandments are considered moral absolutes direct from God that Jews and Christians are supposed to live by. Church rulings on premarital sex, condoms, birth control, etc., are things that the Pope or church councils interpret and are (theoretically) subject to change.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Bobbyp
All Star

Post by Bobbyp » Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Thou shall not have the hockey season last all year long.
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”