Meet Ryan Dinwiddie

Post by White Out » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Ryan Dinwiddie
Elk Grove, CA
Height: 6-1
Weight: 187 lbs.

Ryan was a big time player for the Boise State Broncos, a fan site for him here

From Wikipedia

Ryan Dinwiddie (born May 5, 1980) is a professional American football quarterback currently with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL. Dinwiddie was a three-year starter at Boise State from 2001 to 2003, and one of the most prolific passers in college football history. In 2003, he passed for 4,031 yards, 28 touchdowns, and only 5 interceptions. To date, Dinwiddie holds the NCAA Division 1-A record for career passing efficiency with a mark of 168.9. Ryan evidences his asian heritage through his tricep tattoos.

After an injury to Blue Bombers starting QB Kevin Glenn in the 4th quarter of the CFL East Division Final, Ryan threw for a touchdown pass that was overturned upon video review. Subsequently, he fumbled a handoff to Charles Roberts, nevertheless the Blue Bombers were victorious.
Rider Pride...
not that theres anything wrong with that

Joepritch2
Champion

Post by Joepritch2 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:36 pm

We need that Boise State magic next week.

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Joepritch2 wrote:We need that Boise State magic next week.
:whs:

And I expect that we shall see it! :beauty:

Joe... you're in for Grey Cup, right?

:beer:

zarrell
Champion
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by zarrell » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:52 pm

If the Riders can beat the Bombers with Rocky Butler, then the Bombers sure have a chance to beat the Riders with the Great Ryan Dinwiddie. Go BLUE!
ping wrote:im now a ticat fan!!!!

B-17
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by B-17 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:29 pm

He looked like a deer in the headlights his first series, but I was really impressed with his later passes over the Toronto linebackers, finding the open receiver and placing it well. I think with a week of practice, he'll be ok. He didn't give the game away (even with one bad fumble). I think he'll do ok.
Black holes are where God divided by 0.
- Stephen Wright

TOisMyHome
All Star

Post by TOisMyHome » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:30 pm

B-17 wrote:He looked like a deer in the headlights his first series, but I was really impressed with his later passes over the Toronto linebackers, finding the open receiver and placing it well. I think with a week of practice, he'll be ok. He didn't give the game away (even with one bad fumble). I think he'll do ok.
You're right about that. He looked very frightened on his first series with the crowd on their feet and the defence thirsty, but the Bombers play calling was very smart. They used a lot of quick passes and handoffs rather than leaving him in the pocket to fend for himself.

Joepritch2
Champion

Post by Joepritch2 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:42 pm

BBBob wrote:
Joepritch2 wrote:We need that Boise State magic next week.
:whs:

And I expect that we shall see it! :beauty:

Joe... you're in for Grey Cup, right?

:beer:
If I had money, I would be. Unfortunately, I don't. And THIS is the one I have to miss because of that.

I think I would have walked to work all year if I'd have known this was coming at the end.

BlueTitan
Superstar

Post by BlueTitan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:50 pm

B-17 wrote:He looked like a deer in the headlights his first series, but I was really impressed with his later passes over the Toronto linebackers, finding the open receiver and placing it well. I think with a week of practice, he'll be ok. He didn't give the game away (even with one bad fumble). I think he'll do ok.
If the Defense and O-Line continue to play the way they have, all he has to do is use the people around him. Because he has three of the top receivers in the game, and I can't imagine that Charlie will be a part of another three fumble game any time soon.

He (and the Bombers) will be fine.

OVDB
Superstar

Post by OVDB » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Flashback - 93 GC - the Bombers almost/shoulda beat the Damon Allen led Esks with back-up, fairly inexperienced, mediocre talent Sammy Garza at the helm of the Bombers offence in place of an injured star QB Dunigan. You never know in one big game - D, special teams and trun-overs were keys to both today's finals.
Real drag that Glenn got injured after a great season and such a big win - but chance for Dinwiddie and the whole Bomber TEAM to step it up in the big game.

BlueTitan
Superstar

Post by BlueTitan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:22 pm

As inexperienced as he is, Dinwiddie is still a better option than "Sliggin' Sammy Son-in-Law."

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:35 pm

Riders are hot, the momentum is all on their side. And they are hungry. They won't need words to fire them up.

As was oft-said about Bishop, being a Starter is a hell of a lot different than coming in in relief just having to hold onto a win. This will be a Baptism by Fire.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

BlueTitan
Superstar

Post by BlueTitan » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:40 pm

ArgoDave wrote:Riders are hot, the momentum is all on their side. And they are hungry. They won't need words to fire them up.
I hear Toronto was somewhat hot prior to today's game, too. :roll:

Duct Tape
Playground Hero

Post by Duct Tape » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:24 pm

He came in and did yeomans duty today. Despite struggling with the noise when he first came in, he protected the ball and made good decisions, and stood up to the pressure.

I don't know what this will do for the Grey Cup Game, i hope he can play well enough to get the Bombers going and be competitive, because the matchup of two QB's having great years in Glenn v. Joseph was the best part about the Argos not making it!!
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
---------------------
2007 Argos Season Pictures

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Well said Duct Tape and thanks for the great photo! :beer:

Dinwiddie is a proven winner all his career, top NCAA passer ever, take that for what it's worth. He has been in the same system with the Bombers for 2 years now and knows the system and shows well in practice and when thrown into games. I like his style and frankly I like his chances of performing well.

I very much look forward to the Grey Cup game - I bet that the dome will be louder than ever!

Oiler
Superstar

Post by Oiler » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:02 pm

He was pretty good today in a relief role. The true test is next week, but wouldm't that be a Cinderella story if the Bombers win with him as mvp!