Hotel for GC 2008

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

tigger_jr
Prospect

Re: Hotel for GC 2008

Post by tigger_jr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:20 pm

so how do i do this exactly ?? jus call and tell them that am calling to take over a room that somone else has already booked ??
you win some u lose some / Or in the case of the ticats u lose them all

120dB
Rookie

Post by 120dB » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:45 am

The InterContinental is a nice hotel, as is the Rene Elizabeth

Bosco
Rookie
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by Bosco » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:19 pm

120dB wrote:The InterContinental is a nice hotel, as is the Rene Elizabeth
Who exactly is Rene Elizabeth?? Is he related to Rene Levesque? :roll: Or is it Rene Simard?
The Lions retool...never rebuild!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Kudos to SecW for getting us a great Hotel very centrally located. Good choice Eric! :beauty:

Now...who's gonna do Calgary? :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

BigRedMachine
Champion
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by BigRedMachine » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 pm

ArgoDave wrote:Kudos to SecW for getting us a great Hotel very centrally located. Good choice Eric! :beauty:

I'll do some lookin around for you folks. I know one person at gostampsgo is a manager at a major hotel so she might be a good person to contact. What type of hotel would people be interested in? There are inexpensive motels right across the street from the Stadium but not much happening around the area although last GC there were party tents set up right at McMahon Stadium all week. Personally I would suggest the downtown area but it would be pricier. Lots of pubs and restaurants and McMahon is only a short LRT ride away. I imagine a lot of GC activity will be going on downtown as well. Any way let me know and I'll see what I can dig up. If I feel real ambitious maybe I'll find 3 or 4 choices and put it to a vote...
"It is people like GreyCupGarry who make the CFL our league, Canada’s league."

-- Jaime Stein, CFL.ca

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:18 am

BigRedMachine wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:Kudos to SecW for getting us a great Hotel very centrally located. Good choice Eric! :beauty:

I'll do some lookin around for you folks. I know one person at gostampsgo is a manager at a major hotel so she might be a good person to contact. What type of hotel would people be interested in? There are inexpensive motels right across the street from the Stadium but not much happening around the area although last GC there were party tents set up right at McMahon Stadium all week. Personally I would suggest the downtown area but it would be pricier. Lots of pubs and restaurants and McMahon is only a short LRT ride away. I imagine a lot of GC activity will be going on downtown as well. Any way let me know and I'll see what I can dig up. If I feel real ambitious maybe I'll find 3 or 4 choices and put it to a vote...
Something good quality downtown with a indoor pool and hot tub would be awesome. :beauty: Tell them you'd want a Rate for maybe 70 rooms and see what they say.

ticatfan
Superstar

Post by ticatfan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:08 am

I think our rate including taxes was $150 for two doubles.

greycupgarry
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Post by greycupgarry » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:14 am

BigRedMachine wrote:

Downtown please. Walking distance to Olympic park would be good as I suppose any tent village would be held there. We can always charter a bus to the game and back. I heard it worked well in Montreal.
if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing

spikewpg
Starter

Post by spikewpg » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:47 am

greycupgarry wrote:
BigRedMachine wrote:

Downtown please. Walking distance to Olympic park would be good as I suppose any tent village would be held there. We can always charter a bus to the game and back. I heard it worked well in Montreal.
I think you mean the Olympic Plaza Garry, as that's an outside square I believe right downtown? I heard someone says all the regular activities will be around or in the Telus convention centre or in the hotels that are attached via the various walkways. Or those could've just been the drunken voices in my head - who knows.
Don't let anyone tell you differently - alcohol solves most problems.

greycupbankerbabe
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by greycupbankerbabe » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:23 am

I would definately be interested in booking with a group again. Montreal was awesome! I would prefer to stay at a hotel downtown in order to be walking distance to the events and to avoid cab costs. Don't mind paying a little extra to be downtown. Loved the idea of the bus taking us to and from the game. It made game day hassle-free and so much fun.
Looking forward to more hotel information BigRedMachine.
:beer:

winched
Starter
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by winched » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:28 pm

greycupbankerbabe wrote:I would definately be interested in booking with a group again. Montreal was awesome! I would prefer to stay at a hotel downtown in order to be walking distance to the events and to avoid cab costs. Don't mind paying a little extra to be downtown. Loved the idea of the bus taking us to and from the game. It made game day hassle-free and so much fun.
Definitely agree on the hotel and bus :clap:

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:35 pm

winched wrote:
greycupbankerbabe wrote:I would definately be interested in booking with a group again. Montreal was awesome! I would prefer to stay at a hotel downtown in order to be walking distance to the events and to avoid cab costs. Don't mind paying a little extra to be downtown. Loved the idea of the bus taking us to and from the game. It made game day hassle-free and so much fun.
Definitely agree on the hotel and bus :clap:
:whs: Yup, that was the best way to do it! :clap:

ticatfan
Superstar

Post by ticatfan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:08 am

I agree as well GCBB. Hotel downtown (we stayed at Inn on 7) last time. Garry's all-access party bus was great as well!

BigRedMachine
Champion
Favourite Team: Calgary Stampeders

Post by BigRedMachine » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:27 am

I am glad everyone seems to be in agreement with downtown. The Telus Convention Centre is very close to Olympic Plaza so everything should be in close proximity to each other. The LRT is free within the downtown area so our choice of Hotels should be pretty good.

I will start by contacting the GSG member who manages a Hotel downtown and go from there. I'll use the Novotel as a reference just so the Hotels don't feel I'm blowing smoke up their butt. Any idea what the final room count was?

BTW, get your GC Tickets early. We already have 27K season tickets and they are expecting people camping out in lineups for 2009 ST when they go on sale Monday. Also a little birdie told me that Calgary will be bidding on the 2009 Vanier Cup so we could be in for a wonderful weekend of football...
"It is people like GreyCupGarry who make the CFL our league, Canada’s league."

-- Jaime Stein, CFL.ca

winched
Starter
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by winched » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:07 am

BigRedMachine wrote:I am glad everyone seems to be in agreement with downtown. The Telus Convention Centre is very close to Olympic Plaza so everything should be in close proximity to each other. The LRT is free within the downtown area so our choice of Hotels should be pretty good.

I will start by contacting the GSG member who manages a Hotel downtown and go from there. I'll use the Novotel as a reference just so the Hotels don't feel I'm blowing smoke up their butt. Any idea what the final room count was?

BTW, get your GC Tickets early. We already have 27K season tickets and they are expecting people camping out in lineups for 2009 ST when they go on sale Monday. Also a little birdie told me that Calgary will be bidding on the 2009 Vanier Cup so we could be in for a wonderful weekend of football...

When will tickets be available or who can we contact to purchase tickets?