possible BLUE BOMBERS fire Berry after Friday.

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: possible BLUE BOMBERS fire Berry after Friday.

Post by Ron » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:33 pm

cossack wrote:
Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:For any team that is looking to fire its coach, they have to ask themselves who they are going to replace that person with. In Hamilton, would you really replace Taaffe with either Bellefeuille or Creehan? It looks like the only option there would be Bob O'Billovich but he should be focusing on his general manager duties to make that team better in the future. In Winnipeg, who are you going to replace Berry with? Greg Marshall? Yikes! It is better to wait until the end of the season before making these kinds of changes IMO.

What's wrong with Marshall? I mean, he's been in the running for HC jobs in the CFL.

Just because he has been in the running for HC jobs in the CFL, it doesn't mean that he would be a good head coach. He is a decent defensive co-ordinator but I have always had a gut feeling about him that he isn't head coaching material. The Bombers are better off sticking with Berry for the rest of this season IMO.

Ravi, are you referring to Doug Berry or Rich Stubler?

Berry has control. Stubler has Uther over his shoulder.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 am

BBBob wrote: I know that I was right, no surprise there. I'm here with my finger on the pulse.
What I said was 100% accurate and still is.

So, you are the guy following Berry around trying to take his pulse to see if he's still alive? :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:31 am

BBBob wrote: Shhhhh!!! Stubler is the second coming of Jesus, he farts gold and poops diamonds and would never, ever berate and yell at a player or fellow coach. Obviously TSN faked that footage, what an outrage, just like how all the refs and replay officials are against the Argos.

Don't help break the delusions... and btw, it's Official Jim Jones Kool-Aid in TO, not gatorade!

Been inhaling sawdust again, Bob? :popcorn:

bomberfan13
All Star
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by bomberfan13 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:52 am

Berry should stay for another round. The team has been decimated with injuries, and even tough that is no excuse, the GM has had his fair part in this by not bringing any competition into training camp. Fat, unmotivated players=Injuries and poor play. I am curious to see how they perform against Montreal. They played average last week, the D played well but the offence did nothing. Roberts looks washed up and droppsy, which is probably because he is not used to touching the ball. He did make a few good plays when they didn't run him right up the middle. Duh. Who is the Offensive Coordinator. Perhaps that is what needs to change. I'll take Greg Marshalls D and Berry as HC, and turf the Offensive Coordinator and Special Teams Coach.

So what does that mean for the new Staduim with Asper coming in? Just curious.

Cheers,
Weekly comment-Banjo bowl here we come! .
http://www.dreamspacestudio.com - Of course a plug, we love what we do.

beaufighter45
Playground Scrub

Post by beaufighter45 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:16 pm

ok now every body pull them selfs from under that rock where you have been hiding.
berry is going to be here for a while yet, and as for asper taking over the team thats still a pipe dream of his making.
berry has 3 years left and the team is not about to buy him out of it.
so if you call your selfs a bomber fan, then just stop jumping on and of the wagon, find a good seat and hang around.
there will always be good times and bad.
and yea i know that nows the real bad but so what, bet you'll be there when things get good and call your selfs true blue fans, so hold on it's going to be a rough road to travel but we'll get there, may be not this year or the next but we will get there.
so if you want to call your self a fan then just belive in the team. :helmet: :fb: :canada:
Blue & Gold 4Ever

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:04 am

I Believe In Harvey Dent.

I don't believe in the Bombers this season. Well I can believe that they might win one more game and go 2-16 and surprise us all but that's it.

They scored 1 point in the first half last game.

ONE.

How the bloody frak do you only score ONE point in a half? Oh wait, Winnipeg.

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
BBBob wrote: Shhhhh!!! Stubler is the second coming of Jesus, he farts gold and poops diamonds and would never, ever berate and yell at a player or fellow coach. Obviously TSN faked that footage, what an outrage, just like how all the refs and replay officials are against the Argos.

Don't help break the delusions... and btw, it's Official Jim Jones Kool-Aid in TO, not gatorade!

Why the personal shot? Argue the point and not the poster otherwise your argument is moot.

All I'm saying is, if Doug Berry goes off on a player/ coach he is vilified by some here, if Stubler does the same thing these same complainers are mute on the issue and in some cases ignore the topic to take a personal shot at the person mentioning the topic. Case in point.

Goose = Gander

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 pm

BBBob wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:

Why the personal shot? Argue the point and not the poster otherwise your argument is moot.

What point was in that nonsense about "he farts gold and poops diamonds"??? And the other crap as well?

My reply was just as nonsensical as your entire post. [highlight=#FFFF00]It was a Troll for an angry response, you got what you wanted, the chance to berate me publically.
[/highlight] You still can't handle criticism of your team eh? I've told you before Bob, you gotta stop taking what people say about your team personally. You wouldn't last 1 season as a Argo fan.

BBBob wrote:All I'm saying is, if Doug Berry goes off on a player/ coach he is vilified by some here,

He has a long history of doing it, he's no rookie HC like Stubs. Berry is way past the "cutting him some slack" stage, Stubs isn't IMHO.

BBBob wrote:if Stubler does the same thing these same complainers are mute on the issue

Not true, it has been commented on by Argo fans, perhaps not so much here.

BBBob wrote: and in some cases ignore the topic

Your original quoted post wasn't a topic, it was a rant. It got the reply it deserved.

BBBob wrote:to take a personal shot at the person mentioning the topic. Case in point.

Goose = Gander

Inhaling sawdust is a personal shot? It's a JOKE! I know what you used to do for a living. For you it would be an occupational hazard you used to deal with.

**Moderator comment: leave the crap from other boards where it belongs, on the other board, thanks.