Week 8 - Bummers vs. Puddy Tats GDT

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Hall of Famer

Re: Week 8 - Bummers vs. Puddy Tats GDT

Postby argolio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:06 pm

Game over. Congrats to the Bombers (sorry Dave).
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Postby Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm

ArgoDave wrote:I hope our D took notes on how to beat these bums.

How have we lost twice to these guys???
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Postby ArgoDave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Notice how slowly Glenn took that knee? Looked painful.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Legend

Postby ArgoDave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:I hope our D took notes on how to beat these bums.

How have we lost twice to these guys???

Turnovers, not stopping the run and not scoring ourselves.

All Star

Postby ETMRaw » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Things are right again in the Manitoba capital.
There are no stupid questions. Only funny ones.

Legend

Postby ArgoDave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:12 pm

argolio wrote:Game over. Congrats to the Bombers (sorry Dave).

One thing about the Bomber win, anything that needed fixing with the team will be glossed over, nothing will get done.

Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Postby greengirl88 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 pm

ArgoDave wrote:

One thing about the Bomber win, anything that needed fixing with the team will be glossed over, nothing will get done.

One can only hope :wink:

But you make a valid point. Bombers have already shown a bit of resistance to making necessary changes, this probably won't help. Although maybe it will get Berry off their backs; if the assessments of the causes of Serna's performance lately is correct, that could be a positive thing for the Bombers (sigh).
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

2014 MVP

Postby Inquiring Mind » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Good thing Hamilton has another game left against Toronto... at least one more guaranteed win :lol:
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

2014 MVP

Postby Ab » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:49 pm

TICATS SUCK!

Tonight, that is... :wink:

Hall of Famer

Postby BBBob » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:06 pm

ArgoDave wrote:

Let's put that theory to the test.

List the things that need fixing and we can see whether they are fixed or not going forward.

Hall of Famer

Postby argolio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:08 pm

BBBob wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:

List the things that need fixing and we can see whether they are fixed or not going forward.
Better soap in the washrooms!!!
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Superstar

Postby Rids » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:33 pm

ArgoDave wrote:Ritchies throwing style gets batted down a lot...

I found that he steps up a fair bit and ends up gunning it right into the long wingspan of the DL's. If he stayed back in the pocket I think he would keep the loft on the passes and avoid some of those flailing arms.

That being said the Winnipeg DLs played him and his throwing style fairly well all night.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

Legend

Postby ArgoDave » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:30 am

BBBob wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:

Glenn still throws INT's and overthrows receivers.

Receivers still drop catchable balls, including St. Milt.

Glenn still depends too much on Chucky, who still fumbles at bad times, only this time he got away with it.

Serta still misses and Berry has destroyed his confidence. Troys comments appear valid when you see Berry screaming in everyones face who makes a mistake, the man must be under tremendous pressure to salvage the season.

Both Glenn and Milt look like they are one good hit away from missing weeks or the rest of the season. Twice they showed Glenn grimacing in obvious pain.

The entire offense looked just like last years, which isn't that good when you think about it.

And it took a flukey defensive tip to become a TD that sealed the game, until then it was anyones. You can't count on lucky breaks all the time.

Suitor rambling on like somehow the Bombers just turned their whole season around with one win was so laughable I had to make that comment.

Fire away, pal.

2014 MVP
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Postby fishman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:57 am

ArgoDave wrote:Glenn still throws INT's and overthrows receivers.

Pretty sure this happens to every QB....some more than others perhaps, but as an Argo fan....I'm not sure you should be commenting much on this in that regard. Not with Joseph and Bishop as the two main horses in your stable.

ArgoDave wrote:Receivers still drop catchable balls, including St. Milt.

Again, I'm sure every receiver in the league past and present has dropped more than a few catchable balls...

ArgoDave wrote:Glenn still depends too much on Chucky, who still fumbles at bad times, only this time he got away with it.

Why wouldn't he? The biggest thing that has pissed me off about the Eskimos offensive playcalling the last 3 years is the fact that we don't give enough carries to our backs. Chuck Bob is a quality back....and it's no surprise that when they finally get back and give him 20 touches out of the backfield that he produces and the Bombers win. I'd be freaking ecstatic if Maciocia handed the ball off 20 times in a game to Harris.

ArgoDave wrote:Serta still misses and Berry has destroyed his confidence. Troys comments appear valid when you see Berry screaming in everyones face who makes a mistake, the man must be under tremendous pressure to salvage the season.

The only reason Berry might be under more pressure than Stubler is because he was in the Grey Cup last year.

ArgoDave wrote:Both Glenn and Milt look like they are one good hit away from missing weeks or the rest of the season. Twice they showed Glenn grimacing in obvious pain.

One hit can take anyone out of the game, at any time.....(Jason Tucker). Football is a rough sport, and there are likely no players on anyones starting rosters who aren't carrying injuries with them in some form or other.

ArgoDave wrote:The entire offense looked just like last years, which isn't that good when you think about it.

Which part of last year? When Glenn was the early odds on favorite for MOP, or the latter half when he cooled off significantly? Regardless, it was effective enough to get them through to the Grey Cup, and even a green rookie under center made that a close one. Still better than any Argo offense in the last half decade.

ArgoDave wrote:And it took a flukey defensive tip to become a TD that sealed the game, until then it was anyones. You can't count on lucky breaks all the time.

Flukes happen, even 109 yard drives in under 2 minutes......or receivers getting back an interception to run in for a TD.

ArgoDave wrote:Suitor rambling on like somehow the Bombers just turned their whole season around with one win was so laughable I had to make that comment.

Suitor is a babbling idiot, not sure anything he says should ever be taken to try and throw something in someones face......after all thanks to Saskatchewan, no one can claim injuries as an excuse this year. Remember that gem from a week ago?

ArgoDave wrote:Fire away, pal.

Really Dave, I think you should really just stay out of Bomber game-day threads......you're sole purpose of participation in them seems to be only to stir the pot.
ONCE AN ESKIMO - ALWAYS AN ESKIMO! :edm:

"The Eskimos. Well? What can you say? They are CFL gods." - greycupgarry

Legend

Postby ArgoDave » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:07 am

fishman wrote: Really Dave, I think you should really just stay out of Bomber game-day threads......you're sole purpose of participation in them seems to be only to stir the pot.

Show me where any of my comments in the thread were really that much worse than any other peoples. Pretty much everyone, except White Out, was cheering against the Bombers, particularly the Riderfans, yet my comments get singled out only because someone wants to take offense at me. Why didn't he take offense at IM, since I know he hates it when people call his team the 'Bummers'. If I had wanted to stir the pot I would have used that word every chance I got. I didn't, did I?

Bob asked a question about what I thought were problems with his team, and I replied.

What concern is it of yours?

Shall I go through the Argo gameday threads and point out each comment I think is 'stirring the pot'?

Unlike some people I realize that on a Multi-Team board you WILL read things about your team you don't like, so I try not to take them personally.

You have a choice:

1) Ignore them, grow a thicker skin.

2) Respond to them in a polite manner.

3) Stay away if you can't handle differing opinions.

People who have been on these boards for long enough should know this.

PreviousNext

Return to Canadian Professional Football