Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Hall of Famer
Posts: 6768
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby argolio » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Gill The Thrill wrote:I don't know about the D, they're really showing their age in the 2nd half of games. Sure, the offence did not help, but they also have not helped in the last 3 years and the D was still strong.
I agree about the defense overall this year, but in this game at least they were better at stopping the run until the last Alouette drive.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Hall of Famer
User avatar
Posts: 9155
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:42 pm
Location: St Catharines, Ontario
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:14 am

Gill The Thrill wrote:
Terencius1 wrote:Just for AD!

THAT call was BS! The Argos were lucky to get that.

It was DOWN BY CONTACT!!! Even Cuthbert, said it was. But, the Refs overuled it. I don't want to hear any whining, about the refs or luck any more.

Being a Saskatchewan Roughrider fan this season would make you an expert on lucky calls or BS calls favouring your team. :popcorn:

Don't worry, you'll be seeing more posts from me in the upcoming weeks when the Riders start to swoon. An exaggerated lucky 6-1 record has actually given your team a false sense of security of believing that your invincible. Keep drinking that Kool-aid for now, :marg: Once the losing streak happens, all the Rider bandwagoners will be hopping off and feeling like this :puke: after too much of this :marg: .


The Riders can start their swoon in earnest after they play the Bombers twice.
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 15171
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby SectionW » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 am

Terencius1 wrote:THAT call was BS! The Argos were lucky to get that.

It was DOWN BY CONTACT!!! Even Cuthbert, said it was. But, the Refs overuled it. I don't want to hear any whining, about the refs or luck any more.


I am getting sick of the blown calls after a review, we had one against BC and one other iirc, what the heck is wrong with this picture, if the calls would have been against the Riders the league would have stepped in due to the flak they would get (which is how it should be), unfortunately Als fans are not near the numbers and passion about it, so the thing gets swept under the rug. Really not impressed by some review, even with the video they suck this year.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:09 am

Gill The Thrill wrote:
Terencius1 wrote:Just for AD!

THAT call was BS! The Argos were lucky to get that.

It was DOWN BY CONTACT!!! Even Cuthbert, said it was. But, the Refs overuled it. I don't want to hear any whining, about the refs or luck any more.

Being a Saskatchewan Roughrider fan this season would make you an expert on lucky calls or BS calls favouring your team. :popcorn:

Don't worry, you'll be seeing more posts from me in the upcoming weeks when the Riders start to swoon. An exaggerated lucky 6-1 record has actually given your team a false sense of security of believing that your invincible. Keep drinking that Kool-aid for now, :marg: Once the losing streak happens, all the Rider bandwagoners will be hopping off and feeling like this :puke: after too much of this :marg: .


Yeah, I see I'm the only person who[highlight=#FFFF00] stirs the pot [/highlight]in these gameday threads eh Fishman? :roll:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:14 am

greengirl88 wrote:Wow. This is a dead thread!


:wss:

Yeah, and who was missing? :wink:

3 pages without me, double or triple that more with me, but I'm so bad for gameday threads according to some here. :devil:

Not even Terencious with his endless whining about missed Holding calls on the Riders and insults to other teams can carry a thread.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:21 am

FULL CREDIT to the Als in a dominating win. You guys really are the class of the east, no denying it. :clap:

Any who said the Als would suffer under Trestman, myself included, were totally WRONG. They avoid their long overdue tour of the East basement for another year.

Looks like Als fans will have a double treat this year, they will Host the Final, and probably see their team in the GC, making up for 2001.

My poor Argos are gonna be in hard to make 2nd if they keep playing like this. Something must be done in the break. Good thing the Ticats can't beat anyone else.

It was great seeing Eric again and meeting D for the first time last night! Thanx to GCG for bringing him down to the tailgate and not hogging him all to yourself. :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 15171
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby SectionW » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:57 am

I would not bet anything on the east being locked by Als including the GC, teams do rebound quickly in this league. I can easily see the any eastern improving by some key move and upsetting us or even grabbing the first place we currently hold.
I was geat seing all the Argos fans at the tailgate, you guys seem to have a nice little thing going there.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 8757
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:18 pm

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:58 am

ArgoDave wrote:FULL CREDIT to the Als in a dominating win. You guys really are the class of the east, no denying it. :clap:

Any who said the Als would suffer under Trestman, myself included, were totally WRONG. They avoid their long overdue tour of the East basement for another year.

Looks like Als fans will have a double treat this year, they will Host the Final, and probably see their team in the GC, making up for 2001.

My poor Argos are gonna be in hard to make 2nd if they keep playing like this. Something must be done in the break. Good thing the Ticats can't beat anyone else.

It was great seeing Eric again and meeting D for the first time last night! Thanx to GCG for bringing him down to the tailgate and not hogging him all to yourself. :wink:


1. It can easily be denied.

2. They'd be in the basement if others were aiming for first place

3. Als fans will host the East Final and watch their team lose. It's all by design (ala, 2004)

4. Argos already have 2nd locked up and a birth in the East Final. They should have no trouble beating Saskatchewan in the East Semi like they did before.

5. Eric was here? All I saw was a movie star that we stalked on his way back to his hotel. :cowboy:

6. We also know for a fact that Jonathan Brown didn't get a sack last night. (right Alex?) :wink:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Hall of Famer
Posts: 9041
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:17 am

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby BBBob » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm

SectionW wrote:I would not bet anything on the east being locked by Als including the GC, teams do rebound quickly in this league. I can easily see the any eastern improving by some key move and upsetting us or even grabbing the first place we currently hold.
I was geat seing all the Argos fans at the tailgate, you guys seem to have a nice little thing going there.


Well said my classy friend. :D

Champion
User avatar
Posts: 3801
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:32 pm
Location: Toronto Teams: Argos, Raptors, Jays, Rock, Marlies
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby amchow78 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Ron wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:FULL CREDIT to the Als in a dominating win. You guys really are the class of the east, no denying it. :clap:

Any who said the Als would suffer under Trestman, myself included, were totally WRONG. They avoid their long overdue tour of the East basement for another year.

Looks like Als fans will have a double treat this year, they will Host the Final, and probably see their team in the GC, making up for 2001.

My poor Argos are gonna be in hard to make 2nd if they keep playing like this. Something must be done in the break. Good thing the Ticats can't beat anyone else.

It was great seeing Eric again and meeting D for the first time last night! Thanx to GCG for bringing him down to the tailgate and not hogging him all to yourself. :wink:


1. It can easily be denied.

2. They'd be in the basement if others were aiming for first place

3. Als fans will host the East Final and watch their team lose. It's all by design (ala, 2004)

4. Argos already have 2nd locked up and a birth in the East Final. They should have no trouble beating Saskatchewan in the East Semi like they did before.

5. Eric was here? All I saw was a movie star that we stalked on his way back to his hotel. :cowboy:

6. We also know for a fact that Jonathan Brown didn't get a sack last night. (right Alex?) :wink:


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gotta love those inside jokes ... & boy did I need some post-game laughs after that laugher by the double blue! :?
Alex C. is saying "R.I.P. to GreyCupGarry ... a man who treated me like his own son @ every CFL game I went to for the last five years!"

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:59 pm

SectionW wrote:I would not bet anything on the east being locked by Als including the GC, teams do rebound quickly in this league. I can easily see the any eastern improving by some key move and upsetting us or even grabbing the first place we currently hold.
I was geat seing all the Argos fans at the tailgate, you guys seem to have a nice little thing going there.


Oh Eric, such false modesty! You know the Als are a lock on the east, admit it and boast all you like! Sit back, smoke a cigar and enjoy first place, it's all yours... :canada:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby ArgoDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Ron wrote: 4. Argos already have 2nd locked up and a birth in the East Final. They should have no trouble beating Saskatchewan in the East Semi like they did before.


How come no one jumps on you for saying stuff like that? :wink:

Ron wrote:5. Eric was here? All I saw was a movie star that we stalked on his way back to his hotel. :cowboy:


Must have been here to do that long awaited sequel to Godzilla.

Image
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 15171
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby SectionW » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Ron wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:FULL CREDIT to the Als in a dominating win. You guys really are the class of the east, no denying it. :clap:

Any who said the Als would suffer under Trestman, myself included, were totally WRONG. They avoid their long overdue tour of the East basement for another year.

Looks like Als fans will have a double treat this year, they will Host the Final, and probably see their team in the GC, making up for 2001.

My poor Argos are gonna be in hard to make 2nd if they keep playing like this. Something must be done in the break. Good thing the Ticats can't beat anyone else.

It was great seeing Eric again and meeting D for the first time last night! Thanx to GCG for bringing him down to the tailgate and not hogging him all to yourself. :wink:


1. It can easily be denied.

2. They'd be in the basement if others were aiming for first place

3. Als fans will host the East Final and watch their team lose. It's all by design (ala, 2004)

4. Argos already have 2nd locked up and a birth in the East Final. They should have no trouble beating Saskatchewan in the East Semi like they did before.

5. Eric was here? All I saw was a movie star that we stalked on his way back to his hotel. :cowboy:

6. We also know for a fact that Jonathan Brown didn't get a sack last night. (right Alex?) :wink:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: it's gold Ron! it's gold!
All wRONg except for the brown thing, he had it in his clasp and just blew it ;) and Alex we are disapointed in you :lol:
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 15171
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby SectionW » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
SectionW wrote:I would not bet anything on the east being locked by Als including the GC, teams do rebound quickly in this league. I can easily see the any eastern improving by some key move and upsetting us or even grabbing the first place we currently hold.
I was geat seing all the Argos fans at the tailgate, you guys seem to have a nice little thing going there.


Oh Eric, such false modesty! You know the Als are a lock on the east, admit it and boast all you like! Sit back, smoke a cigar and enjoy first place, it's all yours... :canada:

It's football, and the CFL on top of it, the differential to be first is not big enough to claim such a thing, and locking a race this early is un cfl ;)
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Ajax
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Week 8 - ALOUETTES @ ARGOS - First place battled indoors

Postby Cool » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:36 pm

A nice 30,000 crowd takes in yet another Argos clunker. You could count on one hand how many plays they made. Hopefully, one day, 50,000 will.
102

PreviousNext

Return to Canadian Professional Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com