Bishop to the Rider?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

greengirl88
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Re: Bishop to the Rider?

Post by greengirl88 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:06 am

For what we gave up, I don't think of this as a bad trade on SSK's end. I'm not convinced it's a great one, but ET has shown he has a bit of savvy with these things. I just really hope they're not giving up on Durant yet... I'm not convinced he's the second coming but he shows potential... what that will amount to I don't know, but he has shown he deserves the chance at least.
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 am

greengirl88 wrote:For what we gave up, I don't think of this as a bad trade on SSK's end. I'm not convinced it's a great one, but ET has shown he has a bit of savvy with these things. I just really hope they're not giving up on Durant yet... I'm not convinced he's the second coming but he shows potential... what that will amount to I don't know, but he has shown he deserves the chance at least.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ders_over/
Tillman said Darian Durant, who has missed the last three games with three cracked ribs, is being held out for one more game.

"If this was the Grey Cup, he would be playing," Tillman added. "We have nine games left after this one and the idea was made that it was better to wait and Darian would have the benefit of another week's rest."

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:28 am

greenandwhitesince81 wrote: Oh please......we've given up abiding by the sms
Well, technically you've never abided with the SMS since it was implemented last season, so you haven't given up anything. :o

/just sayin'
:tease:

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 am

BBBob wrote:
greenandwhitesince81 wrote: Oh please......we've given up abiding by the sms
Well, technically you've never abided with the SMS since it was implemented last season, so you haven't given up anything. :o

/just sayin'
Truthfully, considering the system is a luxury tax system - the Riders abided by it if they paid the related fine.

/just sayin'

greengirl88
Superstar

Post by greengirl88 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Lerriuqs wrote:
greengirl88 wrote:For what we gave up, I don't think of this as a bad trade on SSK's end. I'm not convinced it's a great one, but ET has shown he has a bit of savvy with these things. I just really hope they're not giving up on Durant yet... I'm not convinced he's the second coming but he shows potential... what that will amount to I don't know, but he has shown he deserves the chance at least.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/20 ... ders_over/
Tillman said Darian Durant, who has missed the last three games with three cracked ribs, is being held out for one more game.

"If this was the Grey Cup, he would be playing," Tillman added. "We have nine games left after this one and the idea was made that it was better to wait and Darian would have the benefit of another week's rest."
Good to hear :beauty: I read one article but not this one. Thanks for the link :beer:
"It's time for plan B."
"We have a plan B?"
"No, but it's time for one."
-- Stargate SG-1

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:18 pm

I'd love to see Edmonton, BC, Calgary, Toronto & Montreal abide by the SMS cap like the Riders have...

/just sayin'...
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer

Post by wildthing1971 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:31 pm

iso_55 wrote:I'd love to see Edmonton, BC, Calgary, Toronto & Montreal abide by the SMS cap like the Riders have...

/just sayin'...
Montreal actually abided even higher than we did last year and lost a draft pick. Where did they finish last year again?
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

Bobbyp
All Star

Post by Bobbyp » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:52 pm

iso_55 wrote:I'd love to see Edmonton, BC, Calgary, Toronto & Montreal abide by the SMS cap like the Riders have...

/just sayin'...
I dont have a problem with Mr. Braley opening up the vault. :D
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...
Nor do I with Hellard & Forzani either... I mean, if that is what it takes, bring it... To me, it's pretty clear the system ain't working if one team keeps abusing it.

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 pm

iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...
Nor do I with Hellard & Forzani either... I mean, if that is what it takes, bring it... To me, it's pretty clear the system ain't working if one team keeps abusing it.
Going over is not abusing. You are confusing a salary hard cap with the CFL's luxury tax salary cap system.

To call anything abuse or cheating or whatever is totally wrong. Nothing illegal is being done nor is it against the rules to go over.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

iso_55
Legend

Post by iso_55 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 pm

Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...
Going over is not abusing. You are confusing a salary hard cap with the CFL's luxury tax salary cap system.

To call anything abuse or cheating or whatever is totally wrong. Nothing illegal is being done nor is it against the rules to go over.
Funny how fans from 7 other CFL teams don't share that same sentiment. And how a few years ago when there was no salary cap, Rider fans were pointing to teams like the evil Argos, BC & Eskimos calling them cheaters because the Riders supposedly couldn't compete in the open market for players. Yet there was no SMS back then... But that didn't stop the complaining. Now that there is a cap in place, "going over" isn't wrong to Rider fans.

Bastinado
Superstar

Post by Bastinado » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 am

iso_55 wrote:
Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...

Funny how fans from 7 other CFL teams don't share that same sentiment. And how a few years ago when there was no salary cap, Rider fans were pointing to teams like the evil Argos, BC & Eskimos calling them cheaters because the Riders supposedly couldn't compete in the open market for players. Yet there was no SMS back then... But that didn't stop the complaining. Now that there is a cap in place, "going over" isn't wrong to Rider fans.
Surely you understand the difference between a cap and a luxury tax/soft cap right Iso? There's a reason why its called SMS not a cap.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer

Post by wildthing1971 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:05 am

iso_55 wrote:
Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...

funny how you can't grasp that what we the fans think doesn't matter as it is a luxury tax system not a hard cap. As for 7 different teams fans well the Als fans agreeing with you are a bigger abuser on last year, pot meet kettle. Do I want the Riders to exceed the SMS hell no, will they, it is possible but I will wait until the year is done and the league tells us who has exceed the maximum, I won't rely on a bunch of fans that think they know the salary situation of each team.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

riderfangal
Starter

Post by riderfangal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:16 am

iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...
Yes, something should really be done about those Al's................. :roll:

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Ron » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:26 am

iso_55 wrote:
Ron wrote:
iso_55 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:

/just sayin'...

The Rider fans who did that back then were ignorant. I choose to not be like them now. :beer:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.