Are the Bombers Peaking at the Right Time?

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

1argoholic
Champion

Re: Are the Bombers Peaking at the Right Time?

Post by 1argoholic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:17 pm

YES!!!!!!!
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

BB_Blitz
Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:20 am

Momentum is building...chalk up another W .... :clap:

Glenn and Big Blue are back... :cowboy:

Everybody is looking good except that useless t*t Serna. I shudder the thought of this guy lining up for last second win/lose FG...especially if it's on the playoffs. I wonder if Taman can suck in OBillibobovich (or whatever) again and trade him for Setta.

:cowboy:
Welcome to SWAGGERVILLE !!!
You only get a once in a lifetime opportunity so many times.

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:32 am

BB_Blitz wrote:Glenn and Big Blue are back... :cowboy:
How's Glenns head and neck? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a concussion and whiplash, that mouth guard flew a long way.
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 am

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote:Glenn and Big Blue are back... :cowboy:
How's Glenns head and neck? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a concussion and whiplash, that mouth guard flew a long way.
I agree with that. Very bad for the league to have players purposely trying to injure others. What goes around comes around though.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 am

The tandem of Reid and Smith sure reminds name of the old Thunder & Lightning Roberts and Sellers. They really compliment each other nicely. I hated to see Charlie go but Freddie Reid is running the ball much better than Robrts was. Reid seems to be able to get outside better. Smith sure looked like Sellers on that one play where he was stuffed for a few yards but ended up with 9 with a bunch of Eskies hanging on for dear life.. :clap:

Bushido
Champion

Post by Bushido » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote: How's Glenns head and neck? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a concussion and whiplash, that mouth guard flew a long way.
I think he'll be okay. Being able to walk off the field, on his own, is a small miracle. I'm sure he'll be put through medical tests and such just to be sure.

I just watched that hit again (I recorded it on TSN2 so I could show my wife today). He definitely was leading with his helmet (looked like a charging bull) and took about three steps towards Glenn long after the ball was thrown.

BB_Blitz
Legend

Post by BB_Blitz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 am

Bushido wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote: How's Glenns head and neck? I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a concussion and whiplash, that mouth guard flew a long way.
I think he'll be okay. Being able to walk off the field, on his own, is a small miracle. I'm sure he'll be put through medical tests and such just to be sure.

I just watched that hit again (I recorded it on TSN2 so I could show my wife today). He definitely was leading with his helmet (looked like a charging bull) and took about three steps towards Glenn long after the ball was thrown.
I watched it several times too and he knew what he was doing.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:13 am

Give it up, gents; the league could not care less about helmet to helmet hits, it's a moot point, like trying to strike a match on a marshmallow.

When someone is killed or paralyzed (a la James Bell?), The League will act, not before.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

LRCHC
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Post by LRCHC » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Solar Max wrote:Give it up, gents; the league could not care less about helmet to helmet hits, it's a moot point, like trying to strike a match on a marshmallow.

When someone is killed or paralyzed (a la James Bell?), The League will act, not before.
Actually Solar, that's wrong (well, sort of). Any time a defender puts a hand up to either block a pass or to try and change the trajectory of the pass, then brings the hand down and literally "brushes" the helmut of the QB, the ref (espeically Jake Ireland and Bud Steen) is oh so fast to throw that flag and gleefully announce a "Roughing the Passer" call.

I would love to sit in on the rules commitee's next meeting, show footage of both, and then have them try to explain to me how both can be called the same way. IMO that 'brush' should be a '5' yard penalty and no automatic first down, and that Barrenechea hit should be 25 yards and DQ from that game and auto for the next game. Plus, the club should be fined for the hit (and it's up to the club if they want to take it out of the players salary or not).

Everything in between those two can be a 15 yard penalty.

I wish someone would ask this question... and this is coming from an Eskimo fan!!!!!!

BBBob
Hall of Famer

Post by BBBob » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:42 am

ArgoDave wrote:
BB_Blitz wrote:We are on a roll again. Looks like Glenn is back to MOP form... :clap: :cross: :beauty:
:whs:
A roll? You call that mistake fest a roll? Damn, you Bomber fans impress real easy. You think they would have won vs a good team with that effort? Tell me you're not that dumb.
And you would be an authority on dumb obviously, mayhaps even the King of Dumb and the Queen of Bitter all rolled into one.

And before the italic and bolded pontifications, delusional theories and irrational hatred fueled rant begins, I can save your monitor from a pond of spittle by saying - last post, won't be back, no reply necessary.

Buh-bye

White Out
All Star

Post by White Out » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 am

argo dave is making it really difficult to enjoy these forums
Rider Pride...
not that theres anything wrong with that

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:46 am

LRCHC wrote:and this is coming from an Eskimo fan!!!!!!
Why do you allow an Eskimo fan to use your account?
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm

BBBob wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:You think they would have won vs a good team with that effort?
And you would be an authority on dumb obviously, mayhaps even the King of Dumb and the Queen of Bitter all rolled into one.
Go on, tell me how Hamilton can be considered a 'good team' based on their performance vs BC last night?? BC demolished them, your boys barely squeaked by. So WHO do you think people would consider the good team...who demolished Hamilton far more, BC or Winnipeg? The answer is clear, probably why you didn't address my comment in your haste to be offensive.

And as for Bitter, I think your series of posts insulting me speaks volumes as to who is bitter. I was looking forward to seeing you again at the GC, maybe having a few drinks and chatting like we did last year. Considering we're both in the same Hotel your anger and bitterness could make things awkward, but the offer of peace is still open.
BBBob wrote:
And before the italic and bolded pontifications, delusional theories and irrational hatred fueled rant begins, I can save your monitor from a pond of spittle by saying - last post, won't be back, no reply necessary.

Buh-bye

Hatred fueled rants?
What do you call your typical posts to me? At least my comments are about a football team and not personal attacks on people who hate my team. I wouldn't have time to respond to all those people. :wink:

Leave if you must, but don't be childish and blame me, it's your decision as a grown man.

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:53 pm

White Out wrote:argo dave is making it really difficult to enjoy these forums
A few weeks ago it was YOU ripping on the Bombers. I stayed out of the Bomber gameday threads for a few weeks, and what happened? The few Bomberfans who did show up still ripped on their own team, whether I was there or not. Along with enough negative comments from the usual people who were there. ( I was only around because my Sat box died and I had to watch the game online, otherwise I wouldn't have even been here ) Why don't you rag on Terencious, he almost never says anything good about your team either, unless they are playing a west rival. Or Ravi, another Bomber critic. You can't expect everyone to like your team.

Don't try and make me a scapegoat, anything I say about the Bombers here is far tamer than what I read on OB from the Bomberfans there.

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Hopefully, the Bombers peaked in the first quarter in Edmonton. :cross:
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!