Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 8757
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:18 pm

Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby Ron » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:01 am

From Hambone on Total CFL

Atlantic Schooners Down East Kitchen Party did not happen this year. I talked to the lone member of their committee. In his words "they didn't want us". Montreal took the tact that because the Schooners are not a part of the CFL they didn't have a place at this years event. The Schooner member tells me it is too bad as they are the only organization who puts on an event and leaves the moneys raised with the community. They donate any proceeds to a local charity. So the big loser for them not being there was probably the Montreal Food Bank. In the end they took the high road and released a joint statement that their absence was a "communications" issue. They're already working with Calgary to be back for 2009.
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Superstar
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:48 am
Location: Workin on the top feeders now, I guess!

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby CatsEyes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:14 am

Wow, that's stunning. Were it not for the Schooner party in Toronto last year, the Renegade/Rough Rider movement may not have gained as much steam as it has.It was there that members of Renegade Nation connected with Orleans Councilor Bob Monette, who has been a champion and a loud voice at council meetings. He has organized several informal meetings with RN members to help rally the cause and get their input and ideas. That notwithstanding, the Schooner party was one of the best out there. Here's hoping that it keeps going strong. Go Schooners!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1631
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby ticatfan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 am

Yes, continuing with the 'working with Calgary' thought. I was talking to winched and he said that Calgary was doing more than that and it would be happening there. Winched?

Starter
User avatar
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:36 pm
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby winched » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:52 pm

ticatfan wrote:Yes, continuing with the 'working with Calgary' thought. I was talking to winched and he said that Calgary was doing more than that and it would be happening there. Winched?


That is indeed correct Ticatfan. John Ryerson was telling me that the Schooners will be there is Calgary. What he had planned on doing this year was have 50 staff members serving drinks so that there was no lineup. Also, in Calgary, they will be selling the lobster hats but they will be of a different design. When I heard about what had happened tot he Schooners, my lobster hat became my official GC hat in support of the Schooners.

Legend
User avatar
Posts: 19472
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 am
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby ArgoDave » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Now I'm glad I gave my Tix for the Saturday Riderville/Ticat bash to 2 guys from Halifax who I met in the Hotel elevator Saturday noonish who asked me where they could get tix as they couldn't get in Friday night. They sure were surprised and happy when I whipped out the pair of tix and said "here ya go". The look of shock was funny... :wink:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Superstar
User avatar
Posts: 1631
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby ticatfan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 am

ArgoDave wrote:Now I'm glad I gave my Tix for the Saturday Riderville/Ticat bash to 2 guys from Halifax who I met in the Hotel elevator Saturday noonish who asked me where they could get tix as they couldn't get in Friday night. They sure were surprised and happy when I whipped out the pair of tix and said "here ya go". The look of shock was funny... :wink:


That's what the CFL is all about AD!

2014 MVP
User avatar
Posts: 18242
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:15 am
Location: Sect. 217 Fav. Teams: Argos, Leafs, Stamps, Flames, Patriots, Browns, Storm, Holland

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby greycupgarry » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 am

winched wrote:
ticatfan wrote:Yes, continuing with the 'working with Calgary' thought. I was talking to winched and he said that Calgary was doing more than that and it would be happening there. Winched?


That is indeed correct Ticatfan. John Ryerson was telling me that the Schooners will be there is Calgary. What he had planned on doing this year was have 50 staff members serving drinks so that there was no lineup. Also, in Calgary, they will be selling the lobster hats but they will be of a different design. When I heard about what had happened tot he Schooners, my lobster hat became my official GC hat in support of the Schooners.


Agree. Same as they told me at Hurleys. Definately in for Calgary 2009. :beer:
[font=Comic Sans MS]if you have noticed this notice you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing [/font]

Playground Scrub
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:36 pm
Location: Regina

Re: Why no Schooners party? Thank Montreal GCC

Postby smokey » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 am

[quote="winched"][quote="ticatfan"]Yes, continuing with the 'working with Calgary' thought. I was talking to winched and he said that Calgary was doing more than that and it would be happening there. Winched?[/quote]

That is indeed correct Ticatfan. John Ryerson was telling me that the Schooners will be there is Calgary. What he had planned on doing this year was have 50 staff members serving drinks so that there was no lineup. Also, in Calgary, they will be selling the lobster hats but they will be of a different design. When I heard about what had happened tot he Schooners, my lobster hat became my official GC hat in support of the Schooners.[/quote]

When we spoke to John he also told us they will defintely be in Calgary - they were asked by the Calgary Grey Cup committee to have a hospitality room.

He also mentioned to watch their website next year for an announcement about fans volunteering to be bartenders and hopefully an announcement about a big concert (not yet confirmed).

Return to Canadian Professional Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

Protected by Anti-Spam ACP
Legal Statement and Privacy Policy

2002 - 2015 Copyright 13thman.com ~ All Rights Reserved
13thman

This website is an independent source of news and information, and is not Officially affiliated with any league, team or school.


Football Canada Grey Cup Champions Canadian CFL News Information British Columbia B.C. BC Alberta Calgary Edmonton Saskatchewan Regina Manitoba Winnipeg Ontario Hamilton Ottawa Toronto Quebec Montreal Halifax Vancouver events tourism travel argonauts redblacks alouettes tiger cats blue bombers roughriders eskimos stampeders lions

Built and maintained by WebDesignIntervention.com