Eric Tillman charged with sexual assault

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

winched
Starter
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Re: Eric Tillman charged with sexual assault

Post by winched » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm as shocked as the rest of the posters. Even if the accusation is proven false, his reputation is tarnished.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 pm

And I think it would be wise to shelve any aspersions on either him or Sask. whether intended humorous or not. There is nothing really funny about this situation for anybody concerned. It is tragic if true and devastating whether true or false.
Lest We Forget!

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:56 pm

Inquiring Mind wrote:Have to figure the police have a fairly solid case... I can't imagine them going after someone of Tillmans profile otherwise and ignite this kind of media firestorm. Obviously time will tell, but if the charges don't stick they are going to get all kinds of blowback from citizens and I'd have to imagine heads would have to roll.
Not sure of the reliability at this point, but there's some talk apparently from Tillman's lawyer that there may not be enough evidence for it to even go to trial.

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:03 pm

A baby sitter upset she wasn't get paid enough. We'll see how this pans out.
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 am

prairiedog wrote:You never know. We have no case details whatsoever. Evidence could be her testimony, and his lack of alibi, OR maybe he really did do it. No idea.

Remember Mark Chmura of the Packers? It took a year to find out that the accusation was completely fabricated.

I'm not saying either way. Just who knows?
Her testimony would not be enough to lay the charges. And yes he may not be guilty. But the police have enough evidence to charge him.
I like Eric's stance though of protecting the league, the team and the victim. That is promising. Remember Doug Gilmour went through this thing and was found innocent. So really let the law do its thing before we can really comment on it.

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:38 am

Lerriuqs wrote:
Inquiring Mind wrote:Have to figure the police have a fairly solid case... I can't imagine them going after someone of Tillmans profile otherwise and ignite this kind of media firestorm. Obviously time will tell, but if the charges don't stick they are going to get all kinds of blowback from citizens and I'd have to imagine heads would have to roll.
Not sure of the reliability at this point, but there's some talk apparently from Tillman's lawyer that there may not be enough evidence for it to even go to trial.
You know the lawyer or is there a statement by the lawyer?

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by ping » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:06 am

Why is all this stuff always happening in Regina??? Its weird really,maybe other than being with a woman theres not alot to do there.
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

Lionut
Superstar

Post by Lionut » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:46 am

I would be interested to hear Rider fans weigh in on whether or not Tillman can get his job back after this is over. (Presuming he is found not guilty.) Rider Nation is its own unique place, and as an outsider I can't really predict how this would go. Would the fans and the community accept having him back, or is he done regardless of how this pans out?

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 am

Lionut wrote:I would be interested to hear Rider fans weigh in on whether or not Tillman can get his job back after this is over. (Presuming he is found not guilty.) Rider Nation is its own unique place, and as an outsider I can't really predict how this would go. Would the fans and the community accept having him back, or is he done regardless of how this pans out?
I think the best scenario would be for him to be cleared in court as there will always be questions from some if the charges are simply dropped. Given what he's done and his history, I think he'll be able to keep his job if he's cleared.

wildthing1971
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by wildthing1971 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:03 am

Eric is innocent till proven guilty IMO. As such unless found guilty I have no issue with him remaining rider GM.
when is the last time you got paid to drink coffee coffee? Ask me about healthy coffee its good stuff. www.healthyforyoucoffee.com

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Post by SectionW » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 am

wildthing1971 wrote:Eric is innocent till proven guilty IMO. As such unless found guilty I have no issue with him remaining rider GM.
Agr3ee so many ways this could go, and reputatiomn have been demolished on false accusations, at this point it's wait and see in my book.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer

Post by Inquiring Mind » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 am

Lerriuqs wrote:
If that's the case why would they charge him after a six month investigation, and set a trial date in three weeks?
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

MU88
Prospect

Post by MU88 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:08 am

prairiedog wrote: Remember Mark Chmura of the Packers? It took a year to find out that the accusation was completely fabricated.
Fabricated? I live in Milwaukee and I would think most believe still believe he was guilty. He just wasn't found guilty in a court of law. Let's just say Chmura didn't have the best reputation before those events either.

woody
Superstar
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by woody » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:21 am

Sir Purrcival wrote:And I think it would be wise to shelve any aspersions on either him or Sask. whether intended humorous or not. There is nothing really funny about this situation for anybody concerned. It is tragic if true and devastating whether true or false.

I made a comment early about how I felt this was a Lose-Lose situation all around!

This said it so much better!
I believe Cookie Gilchrist is the most complete football player of all time. He belongs in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame!

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by ping » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 am

woody wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:And I think it would be wise to shelve any aspersions on either him or Sask. whether intended humorous or not. There is nothing really funny about this situation for anybody concerned. It is tragic if true and devastating whether true or false.

I made a comment early about how I felt this was a Lose-Lose situation all around!

This said it so much better!
In breaking news, we are hearing he either supposedly tapped a 16 year old on the butt or touched her behind inappropriately while high on muscle relaxers and pain killers. Supposedly? The John Turner handshake for you older guys!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!