Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
redwhite2005
All Star
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by redwhite2005 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 am

Lerriuqs wrote:
redwhite2005 wrote:Really so you did not imply this and where is it that makes you an expert because you watch the riders LOL. You can not argue the fact that every player ( and there have been many) that leaves all of sudden are poor players. In this very thread one rider fan states rookies coming in can replace the very veterans that were stars in your eyes just a year ago and today are bums because they are either with the eskimos or the lions. Funny it not only happened this year but every year when a player leaves saskabush. I can very well understand the jealousy some in this very thread have shown that because I have posted articles and good news articles of the Stampeders only to see that rider fans have nothing good to really post. Seriously name some good news. I do not have to remind you of all the bad rider news this year do I. To tell you the truth this year may have lots more bad news for your team. It must really hurt to know that other teams have good news to report. Thats the problem with my eastern neighbors in Saskatchewan. Their media reports nothing but players and coaches leaving for better opportunities. Yup I like the fact the Stamps are doing very well thank you. And I will comment on the riders that is what forums are for right. It is not just about your opinion only .
You're a piece of work. Really you are. You don't bother to get informed but post like you know what's going on. Sad really. Comment on the riders all you like. But if you continue to do it without being informed - you will continue to look like a fool. Of that you can be certain.
Earplugs the only fool is a guy that thinks his opinion is the only one that counts and that others should not comment about his team. Seems you fit the bill to a tee. In my opinion Jones was the best of the the three being traded and the eskimos own that one. The bombers got a guy that lost his game play in Perry and Kelly got beat so many times the Bombers are probably glad he moved on. By the way what did the Riders get again. The Riders will like the basement where they belong. :popcorn:

Lerriuqs
Legend
Posts: 10714
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:47 pm

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by Lerriuqs » Mon May 18, 2009 9:37 am

redwhite2005 wrote:
Lerriuqs wrote:
redwhite2005 wrote:Really so you did not imply this and where is it that makes you an expert because you watch the riders LOL. You can not argue the fact that every player ( and there have been many) that leaves all of sudden are poor players. In this very thread one rider fan states rookies coming in can replace the very veterans that were stars in your eyes just a year ago and today are bums because they are either with the eskimos or the lions. Funny it not only happened this year but every year when a player leaves saskabush. I can very well understand the jealousy some in this very thread have shown that because I have posted articles and good news articles of the Stampeders only to see that rider fans have nothing good to really post. Seriously name some good news. I do not have to remind you of all the bad rider news this year do I. To tell you the truth this year may have lots more bad news for your team. It must really hurt to know that other teams have good news to report. Thats the problem with my eastern neighbors in Saskatchewan. Their media reports nothing but players and coaches leaving for better opportunities. Yup I like the fact the Stamps are doing very well thank you. And I will comment on the riders that is what forums are for right. It is not just about your opinion only .
You're a piece of work. Really you are. You don't bother to get informed but post like you know what's going on. Sad really. Comment on the riders all you like. But if you continue to do it without being informed - you will continue to look like a fool. Of that you can be certain.
Earplugs the only fool is a guy that thinks his opinion is the only one that counts and that others should not comment about his team. Seems you fit the bill to a tee. In my opinion Jones was the best of the the three being traded and the eskimos own that one. The bombers got a guy that lost his game play in Perry and Kelly got beat so many times the Bombers are probably glad he moved on. By the way what did the Riders get again. The Riders will like the basement where they belong. :popcorn:
I am truly sorry, I didn't realize you were still learning to read. Show me where I said no one but Rider fans can give their opinion on the Riders?? I'm pretty sure I said that for the most part, I can ignore yours on the Riders because you are not informed and so cannot give a decent opinion in the first place.

As for your opinion of the deal - I'd actually agree. At this point, Jones is probably the best player of the four being traded. Two are aging and really past their prime and the fourth hasn't played a game - so no one knows whether he'll turn out.

As for the basement - that's what everyone said last season and we saw how that turned out...

User avatar
redwhite2005
All Star
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by redwhite2005 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Earplugs funny you rider fans have to insult to get your point across. Jones will be missed because I have enjoyed going to various sites and watching them cry over it. You better be prepared for a very sub par season because it is already showing signs of that with all the good players moving to another team sort of like rats leaving a sinking ship.
Reasons the riders are going to their old ways. Defense is rebuilding and a rookie QB and their gm being deported for being guilty of sexual misconduct on a 16 year old. Yup I saw that with my crystal ball. The eskimos will be very improved this year and Wally will have his lions ready. So ole Grandpa in Regina will have his work cut out for him. Mind you being first to pick in the draft will be a bonus for the Riders. Finally being first at something.

User avatar
redwhite2005
All Star
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by redwhite2005 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:52 am

Well it appears Richie Hall thinks the way I do about Jones!

"Working with Kitwana in Saskatchewan, I am very aware of what he is capable of," said Eskimos head coach Richie Hall. "He is a consummate athlete who will bring versatility and energy to the Eskimo game."

Last season, Jones recorded five sacks and four fumble returns, including two for touchdowns.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=278776

Oh right he left the riders as well that would mean he is no good as well. Richie Hall should not comment on rider players as well. LOL

primetime1
All Star
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:51 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by primetime1 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:42 am

The Jones for Joseph trade does seem to fit two needs for the Riders, salary dump and their need for a young QB to compete in training camp. On the other hand, the Esks did get the better of the deal, upgrading their defense while providing more reps in camp for Jared Zabransky and Lester Ricard to show what they can do. They are arguably better prospects than Joseph anyway, although don't be surprised if Jones doesn't make the Esks with the quality competition that they will have in camp.

User avatar
redwhite2005
All Star
Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 8:37 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by redwhite2005 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Good assessment primetime1, but I think Richie Hall knows what he is getting in Jones so he would have to have a very bad training camp performance not to make the team. But by far the Esks got the best of it. Mind you your right it is a salary dump and the riders get yet another QB to hide on their roster OOPs I meant try out.

Bomb'rBrad
Prospect
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:58 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by Bomb'rBrad » Sat May 23, 2009 10:26 am

Lerriuqs wrote:
redwhite2005 wrote:
Lerriuqs wrote:
redwhite2005 wrote:Really so you did not imply this and where is it that makes you an expert because you watch the riders LOL. You can not argue the fact that every player ( and there have been many) that leaves all of sudden are poor players. In this very thread one rider fan states rookies coming in can replace the very veterans that were stars in your eyes just a year ago and today are bums because they are either with the eskimos or the lions. Funny it not only happened this year but every year when a player leaves saskabush. I can very well understand the jealousy some in this very thread have shown that because I have posted articles and good news articles of the Stampeders only to see that rider fans have nothing good to really post. Seriously name some good news. I do not have to remind you of all the bad rider news this year do I. To tell you the truth this year may have lots more bad news for your team. It must really hurt to know that other teams have good news to report. Thats the problem with my eastern neighbors in Saskatchewan. Their media reports nothing but players and coaches leaving for better opportunities. Yup I like the fact the Stamps are doing very well thank you. And I will comment on the riders that is what forums are for right. It is not just about your opinion only .
You're a piece of work. Really you are. You don't bother to get informed but post like you know what's going on. Sad really. Comment on the riders all you like. But if you continue to do it without being informed - you will continue to look like a fool. Of that you can be certain.
Earplugs the only fool is a guy that thinks his opinion is the only one that counts and that others should not comment about his team. Seems you fit the bill to a tee. In my opinion Jones was the best of the the three being traded and the eskimos own that one. The bombers got a guy that lost his game play in Perry and Kelly got beat so many times the Bombers are probably glad he moved on. By the way what did the Riders get again. The Riders will like the basement where they belong. :popcorn:
I am truly sorry, I didn't realize you were still learning to read. Show me where I said no one but Rider fans can give their opinion on the Riders?? I'm pretty sure I said that for the most part, I can ignore yours on the Riders because you are not informed and so cannot give a decent opinion in the first place.

As for your opinion of the deal - I'd actually agree. At this point, Jones is probably the best player of the four being traded. Two are aging and really past their prime and the fourth hasn't played a game - so no one knows whether he'll turn out.

As for the basement - that's what everyone said last season and we saw how that turned out...
:popcorn: Been a while since we've had some good action on this site! :popcorn:

StrongSide
Playground Scrub
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 4:22 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by StrongSide » Sun May 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Honestly though guys... why did the Bombers trade for Fred Perry?? Riall Johnson, Doug Brown, Gavin Walls, Tyrone Williams, and Fred Perry now. Doesn't seem to make sense, especially considering the backfield is full of young, inexperienced players. Wouldn't you want someone like Malveaux to lead that group? I did see him get beat a few times but the defensive schemes were pretty poor... I think he is still a smart player.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests