Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Hugoagogo
Starter

Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by Hugoagogo » Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Eskies just sent QB Juan Joseph to the Riders for Kitwana Jones
Winnipeg has just traded Kelly Malveaux to Edmonton for Fred Perry.

Couple of big trades heading into training camp. It'll be interesting to see who benefits the most from these deals
SUPPORT CFL SPONSORS - BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

Ron
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: Kelly Malveaux, Fred Perry, Kitwana Jones, Trades!!!

Post by Ron » Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 pm

What Kelly said ... has just happened again. :dizzy:
Contrary to popular belief, the most dangerous animal is not the lion or tiger or even the elephant. The most dangerous animal is a shark riding on an elephant, just trampling and eating everything they see.

Bobbyp
All Star

Post by Bobbyp » Fri May 15, 2009 12:14 am

Looking forward to hearing how great this new qb is from the rider fans.
“98% of people will die sometime in their lives.”

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:21 am

By the looks of it they will have six qb's this year lol. Maybe they can play linebacker as well. LOL
Jones will do well for the eskimos. I smell salary dump by the riders.

No winner in the trade with eskies and bombers. Both players are basically in the twlight of their careers.

cunninglinguist
Superstar
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by cunninglinguist » Fri May 15, 2009 8:31 am

Bobbyp wrote:Looking forward to hearing how great this new qb is from the rider fans.
The second coming of Tom Burgess
As LL Cool J once said "Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years"

Hugoagogo
Starter

Post by Hugoagogo » Fri May 15, 2009 3:06 pm

I really think Juan Joseph has the makeup to be a good QB in this league. But to get a starter for a QB the Esks signed a month ago, I gotta believe there was a salary dump with Sask (although I hear Jones was under 100K). I wish Joseph well in Regina - I think there's a good chance of sticking.
SUPPORT CFL SPONSORS - BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

jay64
Rookie

Post by jay64 » Fri May 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Kitwana Jones for a basically a DivIII QB.... just brutal. At least in the Malveaux/Perry trade you had two quality guys traded for each other. Its hard to find words to describe the Jones deal other than the ones I used... there was an article in the Regina Leader-Post about how Richie Hall was still getting advice and help from the Rider organization... I guess the Riders wanted to give Hall a gift... and he got it--Kitwana Jones.

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Jay Kelly Fred are not going to make the new teams better really. they are no longer quality players. Now Jones that is a salary dump if you ask me. So are you going to play all QBs on the offense LOL.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Fri May 15, 2009 8:59 pm

redwhite2005 wrote:No winner in the trade with eskies and bombers. Both players are basically in the twlight of their careers.
Doesn't mean they still can't play.

If they're both healthy and play as starters, I say the Bombers won that trade since I think a lineman is more important than a DB generally speaking.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Fri May 15, 2009 9:02 pm

redwhite2005 wrote:By the looks of it they will have six qb's this year lol. Maybe they can play linebacker as well. LOL

No winner in the trade with eskies and bombers. Both players are basically in the twlight of their careers.
Y'know, just once, it'd be nice if you actually did some research before posting and looking like a fool. With the acquisition of Joseph, the Riders have 4 QBs under contract. They've only had three since free agency started.

jay64
Rookie

Post by jay64 » Sat May 16, 2009 7:48 am

Lerriuqs wrote:
redwhite2005 wrote:By the looks of it they will have six qb's this year lol. Maybe they can play linebacker as well. LOL

Y'know, just once, it'd be nice if you actually did some research before posting and looking like a fool. With the acquisition of Joseph, the Riders have 4 QBs under contract. They've only had three since free agency started.
Its 05's M.O. Lerriuqs... I'm not sure where he got six QB's from... maybe he still counting Tate(long gone) and whatever name he pulls out of a hat. He doesn't let facts get in the way of any argument or discussion. Then he will spin it any way he likes.. don't count on having a informed discussion with 05, he will spam the board with Stampeder stories(there is no team section like the cfl.ca site which he was banned from), and I see the main page littered with those already. Expect it to get worse once the season starts.

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:37 am

Ah The rider fans are coming out with torches and pitch forks already. Notice Jay and earplugs I have not personally attacked your posts. So I can expect you to do this hear as well. At the end of the season last year your team had 5 QB's and yes Bishop is gone but Tate I am sure he is hanging around Regina somewhere running errands for Tillman from his remote office. Spamming stamp information? The last time I heard the Stampeders are a team in the CFL. It appears that you rider fans have nothing to report other than bad news thats your problem. So stop with the personal attacks please. Jay may I make a suggestion. Make a signature with the fact the CFL.ca site banned me. This piece of info is getting very old. By the way did the CFL.ca site change its name to riderfans.ca it should. That site is so poorly run it is a joke. They banned me after 24,000 posts I must of been a real pain in the butt for rider fans for them to take that long to ban me. Thats see 4 years not bad I would say. If you do not like reading the successes of the Stampeders that fine do not read it. :rotf: :popcorn:Now on Fred Perry yes he was injured some what last year but really did not show that he was the force when he was with the riders even before he was injured. Kelly got burned so many times in Winnipeg we know why they struggled to even get a playoff spot. Now Jones is the key here. The riders lost probably their best defensive player. Yup Tillman is a genious and is slowly dismantling the rider defense probably becuase of his bad habit of being over the SMS. There you go Jay I informed you of some rider news. Enjoy.

jay64
Rookie

Post by jay64 » Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 am

Interesting.. Tate is officially listed as a Free Agent, he can sign with any team in the league. He is no longer property of the Riders. You may think that he is still around Regina, but that is only your rumour... but you again pass it off as fact. Even if Tate is still around the trade for Juan Joseph would only give 5.. where you get six from is only your imagination-- but then its fact if you believe it to be true, right 05? :hmm:

If you are not banned from the cfl.ca site, then login and make a post there....

Lerriuqs
Legend

Post by Lerriuqs » Sat May 16, 2009 9:53 am

redwhite2005 wrote:Ah The rider fans are coming out with torches and pitch forks already. Notice Jay and earplugs I have not personally attacked your posts. So I can expect you to do this hear as well. At the end of the season last year your team had 5 QB's and yes Bishop is gone but Tate I am sure he is hanging around Regina somewhere running errands for Tillman from his remote office. Spamming stamp information? The last time I heard the Stampeders are a team in the CFL. It appears that you rider fans have nothing to report other than bad news thats your problem. So stop with the personal attacks please. Jay may I make a suggestion. Make a signature with the fact the CFL.ca site banned me. This piece of info is getting very old. By the way did the CFL.ca site change its name to riderfans.ca it should. That site is so poorly run it is a joke. They banned me after 24,000 posts I must of been a real pain in the butt for rider fans for them to take that long to ban me. Thats see 4 years not bad I would say. If you do not like reading the successes of the Stampeders that fine do not read it. :rotf: :popcorn:Now on Fred Perry yes he was injured some what last year but really did not show that he was the force when he was with the riders even before he was injured. Kelly got burned so many times in Winnipeg we know why they struggled to even get a playoff spot. Now Jones is the key here. The riders lost probably their best defensive player. Yup Tillman is a genious and is slowly dismantling the rider defense probably becuase of his bad habit of being over the SMS. There you go Jay I informed you of some rider news. Enjoy.
Jones our best defensive player?? Really?? Where are you getting your information from anyways?? It's certainly not from watching the Riders...

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:11 pm

He was your best defensive player as of a few weeks ago. Now that he is traded hmmm what have you got left. Hey maybe since Tate has never left Regina try him out at line backer LOL.