Coaching and player changes in Edmonton

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

LRCHC
Superstar
Favourite Team: Edmonton Eskimos

Re: Coaching and player changes in Edmonton

Post by LRCHC » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:40 pm

argolio wrote:Great coaching move. The defense with the same coordinator still gave up load of yards and points, and the offense with the new coordinator got worse as the game went on.
You can't judge Strasser yet. His offense won't be in properly until the home day vs. Sk. If SK can sweep Edm like they did Wpg they'll be sitting pretty - ain't gonna happen though. Luckily, Edm plays a team who has had two back to back VERY SOFT GAMES, they'll be fat and lazy and easy picken's for the Eskies.

prairiedog
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: Saskatchewan Roughriders

Post by prairiedog » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 pm

redwhite2005 wrote:
prairiedog wrote:I really didn't care who won, but I gotta say that just as I was getting my respect back for Calgary I was disappointed to see the Esks blow this one to such a yappy whiny bitchy team. Dwight Anderson sunk to new lows on that PI, that was garbage behavior and he shoulda got 10 yards extra for bitching with his oscar. Every other play, some Stamp was in some Esks's grill. I know players on all teams jaw back and forth, but it was absolutely ridiculous last night. Even Burke Dales had to get a forearm in on TJ after he made his tackle. What the hell was that for? Grow up.
Fantuz the receiver god is a bitch as well LOL. The point is the Stamps beat a good team as far as players behaviour this is not nursery school it is football.
Sure, but I can cheer for or against anyone I want. I was not taking ANYTHING away from Calgary's victory or abilities on the field or coaching. I was just saying that I prefer to cheer for a team with some sportsmanship. The ironic part is that Copes, Lewis and Hank were 3 of their best behaved guys. Now they have a new crop of jackasses.

And please link me to where Fantuz has ever taunted anyone? At least you could have picked a Rider who actually chirps, like Hugh Charles or Kitwana. Come on, man.
ping wrote:Funny thing is all argo fans should support the cats and vise-versa. There not our enemy, Montreal is!!
heh

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:48 pm

LRCHC wrote:You can't judge Strasser yet. His offense won't be in properly until the home day vs. Sk. If SK can sweep Edm like they did Wpg they'll be sitting pretty - ain't gonna happen though. Luckily, Edm plays a team who has had two back to back VERY SOFT GAMES, they'll be fat and lazy and easy picken's for the Eskies.
With the worst defense in the league, there are no easy games for the Esks. Whether a victory is possible depends on how Ray plays.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:38 am

Whats with the blaming of Ray? Did Ray drop that touchdown pass in the end zone. Or is it Ray that can not get open down field. Do you see a pattern here boys. The receivers on the Eskimo team is pathetic. They have lost Hervey and Tucker. Frankly the chipmonk GM has not found adequate replacements. Blaming Ray is foolish at best.

BlueTitan
Superstar

Post by BlueTitan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 am

It makes me laugh (cry :( ) when I see teams making changes like this when they are have moderate levels of success. Yet, Mike Kelly continues to dodge bullet after bullet with the worst team in the CFL. :?

I don't see the reaon for change in Edmonton. But, as for Winnipeg....?

redwhite2005
All Star

Post by redwhite2005 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Can they afford to can mike bowling ball Kelly. They have last years idiot still on the payroll.