Riders vs Lions Gamethread 24 Oct 09

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Riders vs Lions Gamethread 24 Oct 09

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

:0 :0 :0 What a game that was tonight. The only other thing that I could have wished for would be to have been there as part of that "Sea of Green" in Regina. That has got to be the best place in our league to go and see a game live. I can't wait until I can get to a game there. :beauty: :wave: :sas: :olrr: :sas: :olrr:

It almost looked as if it were going to be a repeat of last week's game in Calgary. Printers looked real good as if he'd never left BC. The only thing BC did wrong was get greedy at the end trying to go for the major. They should have tried for the tie with a FG. :?

But all in all, what a great day of football. :yahoo: :towel: So much better than last night. :puke: :sleep:
Except for the Ti-Cats spanking the Argos in Skydump. I kind of enjoyed that. :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol:

Way to go: Ti-Cats, Bombers, and Riders. Thanks for the Wins! :13thman: :D :beauty: :yahoo: :canada: :clap: :woot: :towel: :wave: :blues: :drunk:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

BCRiderFan
All Star

Re: Riders vs Lions Gamethread 24 Oct 09

Post by BCRiderFan » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:55 pm

As my dad always says, "never in doubt"...

Game 18 of the regular season is looming quite large...

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Printers played superbly until that last play. He should have just thrown the ball out of bounds and tried again on second down for the winning points. Regardless, it is great to see Casey back!
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

ArgoDave
Legend
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:39 am

He did better than I thought he would. We could have used him...or probably mis-used him....
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:44 pm

ArgoDave wrote:He did better than I thought he would. We could have used him...or probably mis-used him....
:lol: That seems to be the Toronto mantra this season. Honestly had I been the decision maker, CP would have been on my team from the beginning of the season in one way shape or form. Having him awaiting a phonecall well past the midway mark of the season and Bishop getting the call prior to him....well there are some funny decision makers in this league. Glad the Lions were forced into this, that helped take the decision out of the equation, much like the addition of Ackles and Buono in BC.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

BCRiderFan
All Star

Post by BCRiderFan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Rammer wrote:
ArgoDave wrote:He did better than I thought he would. We could have used him...or probably mis-used him....
:lol: That seems to be the Toronto mantra this season. Honestly had I been the decision maker, CP would have been on my team from the beginning of the season in one way shape or form. Having him awaiting a phonecall well past the midway mark of the season and Bishop getting the call prior to him....well there are some funny decision makers in this league. Glad the Lions were forced into this, that helped take the decision out of the equation, much like the addition of Ackles and Buono in BC.
I totally disagree. Casey wasn't playing because of Casey Printers, and that huge ego he has always carried. A little dose of forced humility is exactly what he needed. Let's see how long he can keep it together without the old Casey re-emerging.

I wouldn't have signed him at the start of the year either.

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:38 am

BCRiderFan wrote:
Rammer wrote:
I totally disagree. Casey wasn't playing because of Casey Printers, and that huge ego he has always carried. A little dose of forced humility is exactly what he needed. Let's see how long he can keep it together without the old Casey re-emerging.

I wouldn't have signed him at the start of the year either.
If Casey didn't learn a little humiliation after being dumped by Hamilton, I think that you would be mistaken. No problems about your biased view of him, but having his success in BC opens me up a little more to what he is capable of doing, not what he did in Hamilton.
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

BCRiderFan
All Star

Post by BCRiderFan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:11 pm

I don't have a "bias", I have an opinion.

He is an arrogant jerk, who, in my opinion, is probably going to pull a muscle trying so hard to show how "humble" he is. He'll be humble as long as it's in his best financial interests.

Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by Solar Max » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am

BCRiderFan wrote:I don't have a "bias", I have an opinion.
This is hilarious.

The Virgin Mary, Ghandi and Muhammed were biased, but you of course... :rotf:
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

BCRiderFan
All Star

Post by BCRiderFan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 am

Solar Max wrote:
BCRiderFan wrote:I don't have a "bias", I have an opinion.
This is hilarious.

The Virgin Mary, Ghandi and Muhammed were biased, but you of course... :rotf:
Amusing you find it "hilarious" that I have an unbiased opinion. Do you even know the difference between the two? I'll give you an example. Ricky Ray, in my opinion is a great quarterback who demonstrates the qualities of being a leader and a professional quarterback. Casey Printers does not. That is opinion.

I think the Riders are the best team in the league. That may or may not be true, as a have a bias as a fan.

Class dismissed.