Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Where the Heck is everyone these days ?

Post by hfxbomberfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:09 pm

Where are all the veteran 13thmen on this website ? :hmm:

I think it's great to have a lot of new 13thmen on the site these days. But where are all the old diehards like:

-Bovic
-Big J
-ISO55
-BBBOB
-Glenegade
-LoyalLou.........

I know I've been away for a little while but I sure miss seeing some of these guys and their posts. :huh: :canada:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

ping
Hall of Famer
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Re: Where the Heck is everyone these days ?

Post by ping » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Interesting question?

Many of us have left the site after the bickering days and Toronto thrashing.But we all come back sooner or later.I guess facebook killed it a bit,and of course the loss of Garry sort of made everything else un-important.And let us not forget,a lot of the ol boys were Toronto boys and the Argos are almost dead in our city now. Don't worry Monton will bring us back. As for the group you mentioned, Big J was slipping away for years now.ISO, that's a good one.If we promote the site and make interesting topics,we can re-build it!!! I miss this site but was in a heavy relatinship for 20 months. Im back now,but am not as knowledgeable as I once was.I still sell gear as a favor at costs,but that became a big pain as I would loose or forget to cash cheques.I have a ton I have found.Maybe I will take them to Grey Cup and trade them for Spirt of Edmonton tokens.
Heres a treat for the old boys who remember my favorite posts.I was in buffalo yesterday. That should tell you what I was up too.I have now been single again for 3 weeks and am back to my old tricks.

http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php

David Knott aka The pingster
Last edited by ping on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

ArgoDave
Legend
Location: Sitting in my chair, being a swell guy loved by all...

Post by ArgoDave » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:06 pm

ping wrote:Heres a treat for the old boys who remember my favorite posts.I was in buffalo yesterday. That should tell you what I was up too.I have now been single again for 3 weeks and am back to my old tricks.
Ah, so it's your fault the Bills played so bad! Great Job Dave! :beer:
Gord for Mayor of Swaggerville!

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:16 pm

hfxbomberfan wrote:Where are all the veteran 13thmen on this website ? :hmm:

I think it's great to have a lot of new 13thmen on the site these days. But where are all the old diehards like:

-Bovic
-Big J
-ISO55
-BBBOB
-Glenegade
-LoyalLou.........

I know I've been away for a little while but I sure miss seeing some of these guys and their posts. :huh: :canada:
-Bovic - Dunno, ask SecW.

-Big J - Married with baby now? New Hollywood career starring as the Incredible Hulk. Probably on RF.com tho with Dave Yule retired has little to complain about...

-ISO55- Posts on the CFL Zone now about how much he doesn't miss 13thman. Probably still lurks here. :wink:

-BBBOB - Left in a fit of pique (and swearing) when I wouldn't say nice things about his team. Head Cheerleader now on the BlueBombers.com Forums where only nice people are allowed to post sweetness and light about the Bombers. I think many there still believe in the Tooth fairy too. :tease:

-Glenegade - Renegade Nation board when not chasing GCBB around...occasionally shows up here.

-LoyalLou - His wife died a while go, he doesn't get online as much as he used to AFAIK. Used to chat with him a lot via email.

D
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

Post by D » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I haven't been on here as much because of the loss of GCG and what happened to 3rddown it's just less of a priority this year
I own The Grey Cup! .com

larz-7
Hall of Famer

Post by larz-7 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 am

not sure. i have not posted much but i do lerk around .
humans are the only creatures on this planet that let their children back in after they leave home )B Cosby

Kanga-Kucha
Superstar

Post by Kanga-Kucha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:22 am

I'm still here, just don't have much to say, and been real busy with school and such.

I love to know where my mate BBBob is, haven't talked to him in a very long time.
GO BOMBERS AND WINNIPEG JETS!!!
EPTC RKBC COA
Got EVS?

Cool
Superstar

Post by Cool » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 am

Much to talk about?

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 am

The site has evolved over time, some flare ups certainly hurt some feelings, and yet other controversial types were banned. As has always been the case, you need controversy to increase ratings and a ton of that controversy isn't around for one reason or another anymore.

Everyone has their counterpart that they could poke fun at one anothers teams, when one leaves and moves on with his life, the other also loses interest. I miss Freak. :beer:

The loss of GreyCupGarry was also an unexpected blow, he was able to calm waters with his subtle posts or bring down the house if you met him in person. A one of a kind that just can't be replaced. I miss GCG as well. :beer:
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

ping
Hall of Famer

Post by ping » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:45 am

Rammer wrote:The site has evolved over time, some flare ups certainly hurt some feelings, and yet other controversial types were banned. As has always been the case, you need controversy to increase ratings and a ton of that controversy isn't around for one reason or another anymore.

Everyone has their counterpart that they could poke fun at one anothers teams, when one leaves and moves on with his life, the other also loses interest. I miss Freak. :beer:

The loss of GreyCupGarry was also an unexpected blow, he was able to calm waters with his subtle posts or bring down the house if you met him in person. A one of a kind that just can't be replaced. I miss GCG as well. :beer:
We sould have a grey cup prediction thread and invite via email all the old boys back for one big reunion,maybe even Ellie will post for Garry. All banns should be lifted and we should start fresh. Anyone thrashes my honest opinions at that point should be banned again. maybe we need a What if Argos move to Monton thread,will the cfl survive!!!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Kanga-Kucha wrote:I love to know where my mate BBBob is, haven't talked to him in a very long time.
He's on the BlueBombers.com forums and has his Bob DaBomber Facebook page.

ArgoDave
Legend

Post by ArgoDave » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Rammer wrote:As has always been the case, you need controversy to increase ratings and a ton of that controversy isn't around for one reason or another anymore.
Sorry...I'll try harder to hang around here more now that I left that FOA board for good this time. :wink:

MulderS
Starter

Post by MulderS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:45 pm

ArgoDave wrote:
Rammer wrote:As has always been the case, you need controversy to increase ratings and a ton of that controversy isn't around for one reason or another anymore.
Sorry...I'll try harder to hang around here more now that I left that FOA board for good this time. :wink:

For good now?

professorjackson
Rookie
Favourite Team: Hamilton Tiger Cats

Post by professorjackson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Funny thing is, I normally look at the site everyday, but rarely post. Go Cats!

No crossover!

No sister kissing in Vancouver!

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by cossack » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:13 pm

ping wrote:
Rammer wrote:The site has evolved over time, some flare ups certainly hurt some feelings, and yet other controversial types were banned. As has always been the case, you need controversy to increase ratings and a ton of that controversy isn't around for one reason or another anymore.

We sould have a grey cup prediction thread and invite via email all the old boys back for one big reunion,maybe even Ellie will post for Garry. All banns should be lifted and we should start fresh. Anyone thrashes my honest opinions at that point should be banned again. maybe we need a What if Argos move to Monton thread,will the cfl survive!!!
Lift all bans and then ban eveyone that disagrees with Ping? :lol: Welcome back Ping! :beer:
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!