Landsdown Live vote goes tomorrow.

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

1argoholic
Champion

Landsdown Live vote goes tomorrow.

Post by 1argoholic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:04 am

I read about it than took the time to look up Ottawa Council members and e-mail all. Just felt the need and as of a few minutes ago three got back to me saying they are voting yes. Here's hoping. This league has been huge in my life and it would be sweet to see it grow and be back in Ottawa. :beg:
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

cossack
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Re: Landsdown Live vote goes tomorrow.

Post by cossack » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:51 pm

:D

The family isn't complete until Ottawa is back.
Argos Suck! Since 1869. Accept no substitutions or pale imitiations.

The one true and original. All time head to head won loss record:
Hamilton: 124 W 91 L 2T! Now you know why the Argos Suck!

Cool
Superstar
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts

Post by Cool » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I think so too.

ping
Hall of Famer

Post by ping » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:05 am

Cool wrote:I think so too.

any news?
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:08 am

Ottawa can be a strange place. What do you want from a political town. I read that most folks in Ottawa are against Landsdowne Live. I think they'd rather have an old broken down stadium. OH I hope this somehow goes through.

Sir Purrcival
Superstar

Post by Sir Purrcival » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:56 am

Why a new facility would not be welcomed is a bit beyond but I hope it goes through too as it sounds as though other alternatives are not nearly as workable. I can see why some might be somewhat skeptical of the ownership group motives. Sure, it would bring football back to Ottawa but it would also let them get their hooks into some very desirable real-estate in Ottawa. On balance though, I would think the benefits would far outweigh the negatives.
Lest We Forget!

Cool
Superstar

Post by Cool » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:06 pm

1argoholic wrote:Ottawa can be a strange place. What do you want from a political town. I read that most folks in Ottawa are against Landsdowne Live. I think they'd rather have an old broken down stadium. OH I hope this somehow goes through.

I read that as well... Need to get the new stadiums built in other areas and triple the salary cap to get some real hype going. And none of that will happen until 2013.

HammerMan
Superstar

Post by HammerMan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:13 pm

it kills me to say this, but... looks like the majority of people in OTT do not want to see this redevelopment... this is the town that debated an LRT system for 10 years and got nowhere... this seems to be the town that would rather see the existing stadium ripped down and have the space stay a parking lot while they canvass Euro developers for 10 years (how impressive! worked out great for The Big Owe)... i am extremely disappointed and dismayed but, if they shoot this down, it's time for the CFL to close the book on 100 years of Canadian football in OTT... let them argue amongst themselves for a piss-ant soccer stadium in a marsh on the outskirts of town (worked great for the Senators).
Oskee Whiskey! Holy Mackinaw! Tigers! Eat'em RAW!
GO Stillers! The SuperBowl XLIII Champs!
Roll Red Roll! 2006 Ohio DIII State Champs!

ride80
Superstar

Post by ride80 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Folks

Please don't beleive everything you read. That is the farthest thing from the truth. It seems that some Glebe residents have basically hijacked this whole thing because of their NIMBY attitude towards things. Sure we have a lot of clowns in here but trust me when I say that 84% of the people in this city DO support LL. The problem is the other 16% has been very vocal with support from Clive Doucet in ensuring this never goes ahead.

As I said before please don't beleive everything you read

Ravi Ramkissoonsingh
Hall of Famer

Post by Ravi Ramkissoonsingh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:47 pm

A vote is still some time away, is it not?
There is one thing that no Argo fan should ever forget - Rob Ford, Doug Ford, Paul Godfrey, Phil Lind and Larry Tanenbaum are all pure evil!

Marty_Gades
Superstar
Location: Gloucester Teams: Renegades, Senators, Blue Jays, Raptors, Bills

Post by Marty_Gades » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:42 am

Hi guys,

Just due to the number of delegations that spoke, vote won't be until Monday.

It's looking positive for us, but us Ottawa football fans being who we are, we aren't celebrating until that figuarative football thrown by Clements is officially in Gabriel's hands. But it is looking good.
We'll be back. You'll see.

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:31 pm

Well as I mentioned I e-mailed each council member with heart felt thoughts about the CFL and its fans wanting Ottawa back. I mentioned that this was my 26th Grey Cup and I know hundreds of fans because of this game. This is a vote for Ottawa but also all of Canada. So four replied right away and said they were voting yes. I spent the time to e-mail each separately. So each e-mail had it's unique points. Just had the time and felt the need. Hope it helped a wee wee bit.

hfxbomberfan
Superstar
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by hfxbomberfan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:08 pm

1argoholic wrote:Well as I mentioned I e-mailed each council member with heart felt thoughts about the CFL and its fans wanting Ottawa back. I mentioned that this was my 26th Grey Cup and I know hundreds of fans because of this game. This is a vote for Ottawa but also all of Canada. So four replied right away and said they were voting yes. I spent the time to e-mail each separately. So each e-mail had it's unique points. Just had the time and felt the need. Hope it helped a wee wee bit.
:whs: :beer:
1argoholic, you rule brother !!! :beauty:

Maybe I should do the same here in New Brunswick to start the ball rolling to get us a team in Moncton. :beauty:

As for all you Ottawa fans out there, I can't wait to see the RoughRiders take to the field again. The CFL isn't complete without the "Big R" back in the game. :ott:
CFL in Moncton, 2013, TD Atlantic #4 ! ! !

Hugoagogo
Starter

Post by Hugoagogo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm

I sent emails several weeks ago. The direction of my wording was more "get it done" and "Ottawa needs to step into the 21st century". I received very professional responses from people from both sides, with the exception of some spaz named Gord Hunter, who made a very condescending remark. Mr. Hunter (and I use "Mr" loosely) doesn't appear to be a man cut out for public office. He appears to have a huge chip on his shoulder...

To all the others, I thank them for at least taking the time to professionally present their opinions!
SUPPORT CFL SPONSORS - BUY THEIR STUFF!!!

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Oh yah some of these folks can be screw ups. I only heard back from the four yes voters who took the time. One is actually a Cats fan.