East Final/Olympic Stadium

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

orangegloves
Playground Hero
Favourite Team: British Columbia Lions

East Final/Olympic Stadium

Post by orangegloves » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 am

So, I'm a BC Lions fan living in Toronto. I'm thinking of making the drive to Montreal for the East Final, and I have some questions I'm hoping can get answered by anyone out there. What is parking like around Olympic Stadium, (cost, how easy it is to get out?) How are Montreal fans to fans of the opposing teams? What is around the Big O? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Re: East Final/Olympic Stadium

Post by SectionW » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:39 am

Parking is interesting, best bet is taking metro, but if you insist, parking at the stadium gets filled ratehr quickly and is hard to access, must take it form Viau st., from memroy somehting like 15$ is the cost, other options are private parking bellow the stadium, you would have to criss cross around to find it.
Simplest is get downtown, have brunch and take the metro.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

orangegloves
Playground Hero

Post by orangegloves » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:04 am

Do you know of a park and ride? What metro station to park at? Thanks.

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by SectionW » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 am

orangegloves wrote:Do you know of a park and ride? What metro station to park at? Thanks.
Check http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/Metro/a-mapmet.htm metro station is pie-ix on the green line

XGamer
Superstar
Favourite Team: Montreal Alouettes

Post by XGamer » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:46 am

Take Section W suggestion...

There is some parking around the stadium but with an expected 50K+ crowd, they will fill quickly.

Go downtown, Place Ville Marie parking is 6$ on Sunday & walk across Ste-Catherine strett to get McGill subway station (green line) to Pie IX station....fare are 2.75 each way...

And you'll get the nice "hazing" from Mtl fans all the way to the Big O ;)

Even I drive from Ottawa and park at a friends place near Angrignon station (beginning of green line) to get to Big O, because getting out of there after a game is painful !
Montreal Alouettes season ticket holder since 2004 !

Back-to-Back Grey Cups ('09 & '10) and I witnessed it LIVE from the stands !

Mtl Als Fansite: http://www.goalsgo.com

1argoholic
Champion

Post by 1argoholic » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm sure like everywhere else you'll find the odd dumb A$$ fan but I've found Montreal fans to be cool enough. Go the night before and spent some time downtown. Yah OH Yah!!!
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

orangegloves
Playground Hero

Post by orangegloves » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:54 pm

It should be a good time I am looking forward to it. Montreal will complete my tour of CFL cities. I will have now seen a game in every city, including Ottawa. Any advice about the Big O guys? Is there any place to eat around the stadium? What time does the gates open? Stuff like this. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Oh and anyone know how many tickets are left?

XGamer
Superstar

Post by XGamer » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 am

There is a couple of places on Sherbrooke street east of Viau.....but traffic will be a pain in that area....

Gates usually open 1 to 1:30 hours before game time.

Little trick here, if you get in by the subway and security tries to send you outside to get in the stadium, just tell them your tickets are at the Will Call booth...and just to thru the regular Big O entrance, thats what I do when I have my kids with me.

Watch out if you bring bags, because sometimes Security can be "@n@l" about the content....

Alswin
Champion

Post by Alswin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:50 am

orangegloves wrote:It should be a good time I am looking forward to it. Montreal will complete my tour of CFL cities. I will have now seen a game in every city, including Ottawa. Any advice about the Big O guys? Is there any place to eat around the stadium? What time does the gates open? Stuff like this. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Oh and anyone know how many tickets are left?
Moe's deli is probably the best place to eat and drink within walking distance of the stadium. It's on Sherbrooke, a block west of Pie IX.

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by SectionW » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 am

Alswin wrote:
orangegloves wrote:It should be a good time I am looking forward to it. Montreal will complete my tour of CFL cities. I will have now seen a game in every city, including Ottawa. Any advice about the Big O guys? Is there any place to eat around the stadium? What time does the gates open? Stuff like this. Thanks everyone for helping me out. Oh and anyone know how many tickets are left?
Moe's deli is probably the best place to eat and drink within walking distance of the stadium. It's on Sherbrooke, a block west of Pie IX.
Yeah, except Moe's is highway robbery they charge way too much when we have a final, they know there is not many options around there. Cheaper is if you walk a block from there to LBP (La Belle Province) great steamies and poutine :thup:

orangegloves
Playground Hero

Post by orangegloves » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 am

Hey all thank you so much for giving me the advice you are giving. I am really looking forward to this game because of the experience inside the Big O. Here's to a great game and tons of memories!!

Rammer
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Look over your left shoulder and I will be on the right side.

Post by Rammer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 am

orangegloves wrote:Hey all thank you so much for giving me the advice you are giving. I am really looking forward to this game because of the experience inside the Big O. Here's to a great game and tons of memories!!
You may be outnumbered by the opposition on this one, prepare yourself. :)
MY CFL INCLUDES THE OTTAWA RENEGADES!

XGamer
Superstar

Post by XGamer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 am

SectionW wrote:Yeah, except Moe's is highway robbery they charge way too much when we have a final, they know there is not many options around there. Cheaper is if you walk a block from there to LBP (La Belle Province) great steamies and poutine :thup:
Don't even get me started on Moes, since last year East finals they lost my business.....

I was there for pre-game breakfast with 2 buddies, we were willing to spend $ for (many) beers & food...they wanted me to give them a deposit for parking my car there, I'm like NO F'N way, i'm gonna spend at least 100$ bucks here and leave for the game, got into an arument with the parking guy, the manager & owner....

My buddies wanted to give the deposit to them and told them no...and told them to go sit back at our table....manager finally saw I was not letting go about it...and said to forget it.

I use to go there before Montreal Impact game & other events at Big O, but ever since...screw them !

orangegloves
Playground Hero

Post by orangegloves » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:00 pm

So I'm guessing don't bother doing to Moes then??? :wink: Thanks for all the tips, I think my buddy and I are going to park and take the metro in, we are going to be driving from Ottawa on Sunday morning, and even though both of use enjoy getting to the stadium early (were hoping for a 10:30am arrival) it sounds like to me the best thing to do is Metro. Here's hoping for a great game!

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by SectionW » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm

orangegloves wrote:So I'm guessing don't bother doing to Moes then??? :wink: Thanks for all the tips, I think my buddy and I are going to park and take the metro in, we are going to be driving from Ottawa on Sunday morning, and even though both of use enjoy getting to the stadium early (were hoping for a 10:30am arrival) it sounds like to me the best thing to do is Metro. Here's hoping for a great game!
The stadiumn doors do not open early, check at what time they open the doors, go to a pub downtown close to the metro line.