Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

ping
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Etobicoke,

Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by ping » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:17 am

After studying the game tape, I confirm the spectulation that Sean Lucas was the 13th man. He was out there on the missed field goal, and then not out there on the winning field goal. Now we know, what should be done with him?
Fined
Released
or
nothing as it was so loud he could not here the coach yelling his head off to get the ---- off the field!

What should be done with Lucas,the man who cost Regina, their 4th and most deserving cup!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

User avatar
Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6576
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Inquiring Mind » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 am

Wow, that's is news... or, it was way back on Monday anyway :tease:

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip241254
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

ping
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Etobicoke,

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by ping » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 am

Inquiring Mind wrote:Wow, that's is news... or, it was way back on Monday anyway :tease:

http://watch.tsn.ca/#clip241254


its not news its a discussion,what should be done with him?

and I dont mean take a truck of poo and drop it on his lawn IM.
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

User avatar
Inquiring Mind
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6576
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Inquiring Mind » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am

But just think about all those hours of "studying" that could have been saved! :lol:

As per what to do with him, how do we know for sure it's his fault? Maybe it was one of the coaches that screwed up and told him to be out there. Until we know the entire story, vilifying someone seems quite rash.
-

Look. We can go round and round about this all the live long day. Let's keep it simple. I embody amazement. Can you dig on that? Good. Then meet me on the corner of rock and roll, and bring a flask of something that burns.

ping
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Etobicoke,

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by ping » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 am

Inquiring Mind wrote:But just think about all those hours of "studying" that could have been saved! :lol:

As per what to do with him, how do we know for sure it's his fault? Maybe it was one of the coaches that screwed up and told him to be out there. Until we know the entire story, vilifying someone seems quite rash.


lol
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

User avatar
Oiler
Superstar
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:58 am

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Oiler » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:46 pm

Make him an honorary member here.

User avatar
jazzace
Prospect
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:33 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by jazzace » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:44 am

I don't know what should be done, but if history is any indicator, Rider fans will threaten, harrass and otherwise make life miserable for him to the point where he will need to leave town for his own safety. Sad, really.

User avatar
Oiler
Superstar
Posts: 2280
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:58 am

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Oiler » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:29 am

jazzace wrote:I don't know what should be done, but if history is any indicator, Rider fans will threaten, harrass and otherwise make life miserable for him to the point where he will need to leave town for his own safety. Sad, really.


No one really can blame any player.

Only the idiotic fringe fans do that. The vast majority of Rider fans are nice people as with most fans in other cities.

User avatar
Solar Max
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Exlied to Alcatraz

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Solar Max » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Oiler wrote: The vast majority of Rider fans are nice people as with most fans in other cities.


:whs:

The trick is to avoid the lunatic fans of ANY team.
13thman.com...THE place to talk football.

User avatar
1argoholic
Champion
Posts: 3058
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 4:10 pm
Location: North Cowichan BC via. Mississauga

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by 1argoholic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 am

Many Rider fans are pissed up on that Pil Swill and total TOOLS! At least in our section they were. I'll never forget Grey Cup 97 in Edmonton and how Argo fans were treated. You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
I have met some great ones but it seems plenty of the younger ones can't handle booze,temper or the urge to yell racial comments.
I feel sorry for Lucus and I hope they don't treat him like crap.
The Argoholics, 'Win Or Lose, We Drink The Booze', or
in 2009- "When We Lose, We Need More Booze"

B-17
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:41 am
Location: Winnipeg

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by B-17 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

1argoholic wrote:You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
OK, we get it, you don't like Rider fans. You don't need to repeat it in almost every post you make.

Now, back on topic (there's a thought). Lucas being on the field is a coaching error. A coach must have told him to get on there (or forgot to tell him to stay off because they wanted someone else in). No player arbitrarily decides to go on the field because he feels like it. Apparently, this was a change that hadn't been in practice before, either. Kavis Reed has stated flat out that it was his error and takes responsibility for it. And yes, while there will be perhaps a small, few Rider fans who take inappropriate action, the majority of the Rider Nation are decent people and, while disappointed, will still appreciate how well their team did this year and will solidly back them to try again next year.
Black holes are where God divided by 0.
- Stephen Wright

Freak
Legend
Posts: 14874
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 3:14 pm
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by Freak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:20 pm

B-17 wrote:
1argoholic wrote:You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
OK, we get it, you don't like Rider fans. You don't need to repeat it in almost every post you make.

Now, back on topic (there's a thought). Lucas being on the field is a coaching error. A coach must have told him to get on there (or forgot to tell him to stay off because they wanted someone else in). No player arbitrarily decides to go on the field because he feels like it. Apparently, this was a change that hadn't been in practice before, either. Kavis Reed has stated flat out that it was his error and takes responsibility for it. And yes, while there will be perhaps a small, few Rider fans who take inappropriate action, the majority of the Rider Nation are decent people and, while disappointed, will still appreciate how well their team did this year and will solidly back them to try again next year.

Agreed, exempting perhaps that it may or may not have been the player's fault (whoever that player was). For that matter, it may have been on whoever came in to communicate that fact to the guy who was supposed to come out. I have no idea who it was supposed to be. I think that's the way it should be. It wasn't that one play that lost them the game anyway as much as it was blowing a 16 point lead in 8 minutes flat.

ping
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6122
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 8:15 pm
Favourite Team: Toronto Argonauts
Location: Etobicoke,

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by ping » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 am

1argoholic wrote:Many Rider fans are pissed up on that Pil Swill and total TOOLS! At least in our section they were. I'll never forget Grey Cup 97 in Edmonton and how Argo fans were treated. You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
I have met some great ones but it seems plenty of the younger ones can't handle booze,temper or the urge to yell racial comments.
I feel sorry for Lucus and I hope they don't treat him like crap.



We always get treated badly when in the game. Rider fans are no worse than others, just a bit more red neckes and un-educated as they have to work the farms and higher education isnt a priority.There different , but it dosnt make them Tools. I would say the Winnipeg fans in 89 were the worse by far.That was a night-mare.Remember Mark, They put a lot of coin in the cfl coffers that will help BC and Toronto survive when revenue sharing becomes a reality!!!
All the best over the Holidays by the way!
We will all miss Garry, the #1 13th man and great human being!

User avatar
BCRiderFan
All Star
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:56 pm

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by BCRiderFan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 pm

ping wrote:
1argoholic wrote:Many Rider fans are pissed up on that Pil Swill and total TOOLS! At least in our section they were. I'll never forget Grey Cup 97 in Edmonton and how Argo fans were treated. You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
I have met some great ones but it seems plenty of the younger ones can't handle booze,temper or the urge to yell racial comments.
I feel sorry for Lucus and I hope they don't treat him like crap.



We always get treated badly when in the game. Rider fans are no worse than others, just a bit more red neckes and un-educated as they have to work the farms and higher education isnt a priority.There different , but it dosnt make them Tools. I would say the Winnipeg fans in 89 were the worse by far.That was a night-mare.Remember Mark, They put a lot of coin in the cfl coffers that will help BC and Toronto survive when revenue sharing becomes a reality!!!
All the best over the Holidays by the way!


Wow, talk about your uneducated, offensive and plain downright rude comments. You apparently have no idea about the education standards in the Province of Saskatchewan (By the way "neckes" has no second e in it, "dosnt" is spelled doesn't, "night-mare" has no dash in it). Most of those "red neckes" you rudely refer to have college degrees (education certainly is a priority) these days and running a farm operation is effectively running a large corporation.

Unbelievably uninformed and ignorant.

User avatar
BCRiderFan
All Star
Posts: 783
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:56 pm

Re: Sean Lucas was the 13th man !

Post by BCRiderFan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:11 pm

1argoholic wrote:Many Rider fans are pissed up on that Pil Swill and total TOOLS! At least in our section they were. I'll never forget Grey Cup 97 in Edmonton and how Argo fans were treated. You can't sugar coat the fact that a good majority of Rider fans are TOOLS.
I have met some great ones but it seems plenty of the younger ones can't handle booze,temper or the urge to yell racial comments.
I feel sorry for Lucus and I hope they don't treat him like crap.


You know what? Screw you and your ignorance. People wonder why this website is a graveyard? It's comments like this.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests