Barrin Simpson released

Talk about the Canadian Football League

Moderator: Referees

Peg-Leg
Playground Scrub
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Barrin Simpson released

Post by Peg-Leg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:33 pm

......seems like odd timing.. the new Bomber 'regime' wants to get their feet wet in a hurry....I liked Barrin even though he did get a little miffed with the team in 09...Guess a new coach won't have to deal with him...Maybe also the reasoning behind the move :hmm:

alawishus
Rookie

Re: Barrin Simpson released

Post by alawishus » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:21 am

I'd take him over Moreno any day. The guy can still bring it. Winnipeg obviously rated him over Moreno last year.

argolio
Hall of Famer

Post by argolio » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:17 pm

alawishus wrote:I'd take him over Moreno any day. The guy can still bring it. Winnipeg obviously rated him over Moreno last year.
I like Simpson but Moreno definitely had a better year in '09. He was one of the few Argo bright spots.

And I'm not sure if Simpson has much left in the tank, though maybe he just needs a change of scenery.
My name is Argolio, and I approved this post.

Rids
Superstar

Post by Rids » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Isn't that what they said when he left the Lions?

Simpson has some serious time left and I had previously thought that he'd be a perfect mentor for Shomari Williams if the Bombers picked him in the draft. Anyhow apparently Simpson asked for his release.
http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country singing wife

B-17
2017 MVP
2017 MVP

Post by B-17 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:54 am

Bombers had to let him go for two reasons: first, he doesn't want to be there anymore, and he would just become a disgruntled locker room distraction again. Second, they needed to appear that they are respectful of their players and willing to be flexible, if they want to have any hope of bringing any future quality players to the Bombers. This is an effort to start dispelling the circus atmosphere. Releasing Simpson has nothing to do with his abilities.
Black holes are where God divided by 0.
- Stephen Wright

SectionW
2017 MVP
2017 MVP
Location: Right in front of the Beerlin Wall, next to the Kaiser

Post by SectionW » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:12 am

B-17 wrote:Bombers had to let him go for two reasons: first, he doesn't want to be there anymore, and he would just become a disgruntled locker room distraction again. Second, they needed to appear that they are respectful of their players and willing to be flexible, if they want to have any hope of bringing any future quality players to the Bombers. This is an effort to start dispelling the circus atmosphere. Releasing Simpson has nothing to do with his abilities.
Now that makes sense and is a wise decision, best explanation i have heard about this move yet.
May the Cahoon be with you.
Montreal Alouettes Fan Site

Freak
Legend
Favourite Team: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Post by Freak » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am

That, and Lobendahn is no worse then 90% of the player Simpson is at 7 years younger and nowhere near the cost... which makes it easier to do what had to be done anyway, as B-17 puts it.